How many WZ do you leave to finish "win 3" daily?

Pashgan

I never leave WZs. Even if my side is getting annihilated in a WZ, I'll still get 9-10 medals and get 90 comms.

Usually, I log on and get a group and win 10-15 WZs in a row. That's the reason I play MMOs.. to play with my friends and the people I like, and win of course.

If I wanted anything else, I'll load up BF3 or Counter Strike and destroy people all day. I can basically win games by myself and if nothing, even if losing, I'll look like a god. That's just the basic difference between the games.

Edited by Balmuck

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PVPers play for gear progression so they can be better PVPers.

And here I was thinking that PVPers play to better themselves (meaning: to become more skillful at what they do) which in turn makes them happy when they win more and more and see that their impact to those wins is becoming more substantial as the time goes by.

Yes, the gear is a factor, unfortunatelly, but even epic gear won't help a baddie.

But if the gear is the only reason to play those warzones - wouldn't it be better to just realize that when you finally get your gear - you will have no reason to play those warzones again (as I've seen many battlemasters complain about that already)? The sooner you realize that - the smaller the dissapointment will be and you will save lots of time.

Having "fun" with others is the absolute last thing I want to do in a PVP match.

Interesting notion. Spend your free time on something that is neither relaxing nor fun.

Usually if you need to do something that is not fun then you get paid afterwards. It's called a job. (and some jobs are actually fun as well, well, maybe not fun but enjoyable or rather not tiresome)

But if you do something that is not fun and you are not even getting paid for it? What is it?

Games are a form of relaxation, spending your free time in a pleasurable way, sometimes with others.

If that's the last thing you want to do, then I can honestly say that you are a masochist :-)

I don't leave any warzones. Done in an hour.

Amazing things happen when you're not a scumbag leaver.

Im glad you are unemployed living in your parents basement with an unlimited amount of time to play this game all day long. I dont have this luxury seeing as how I have a job and a wife taking up my time. Basically I only have a couple hours to get 3 WZ wins in along with farming 30 armaments on ilum. If my team sucks and we go down 3-0 because people are farming medals in the middle of the huttball zone Im outta there. You got another thing coming if you think Im gonna hang around for another 10 minutes while people are clearly not doing things to help the team win. my time is my time and I need 3 WZ wins.

Edited by Rehme

Completing daily:

Alderaan - Initial 2 cap 1min in. 2 Imps leave. 3 cap 2min in. 3 more Imps leave. Game closes in 120secs. Total win time 4mins.

Voidstar - First door during first 2mins. 2 Imps leave. Rush thru 2 more door unopposed. Round 1 over 3-4mins. Round 2 starts, games starts 120sec countdown. Total win time 6mins.

Hutball - Score 6pts takes 4-6mins. Imps leave thru out. Total win time 6mins.

So while I appreciate you guys giving up at the first sign of difficuty or none faceroll experience so I can complete my dailies in under 20mins, I would like to actually PvP at some pt.

Okay, so 3 wins prob didn't count lol, add 20 more mins.

Regardless, the leaving is completely out of hand and needs fixed. But they have to solve the tally bug and the queuing 12 people exploit first...:rolleyes:

For qualification, the above is my pre-made with healer experience. Pre-mades without healer have about the same exp on Alderaan and Voidstar, but lose the occasioanl Hutball(where I'm convinced a team of 8 non-retarded PuG Sorc/Assassins can beat any pre-made of none Sorcs...).

I rarely get my daily wins on the day I take the quest. It takes me ALOT of matches to get 3 wins. I wouldn't leave a match due to that reason, but there are other reasons, valid reasons, to leave a match or be booted from the match which is generally the case.

Completing daily:

Alderaan - Initial 2 cap 1min in. 2 Imps leave. 3 cap 2min in. 3 more Imps leave. Game closes in 120secs. Total win time 4mins.

Voidstar - First door during first 2mins. 2 Imps leave. Rush thru 2 more door unopposed. Round 1 over 3-4mins. Round 2 starts, games starts 120sec countdown. Total win time 6mins.

Hutball - Score 6pts takes 4-6mins. Imps leave thru out. Total win time 6mins.

So while I appreciate you guys giving up at the first sign of difficuty or none faceroll experience so I can complete my dailies in under 20mins, I would like to actually PvP at some pt.

Okay, so 3 wins prob didn't count lol, add 20 more mins.

Regardless, the leaving is completely out of hand and needs fixed. But they have to solve the tally bug and the queuing 12 people exploit first...:rolleyes:

For qualification, the above is my pre-made with healer experience. Pre-mades without healer have about the same exp on Alderaan and Voidstar, but lose the occasioanl Hutball(where I'm convinced a team of 8 non-retarded PuG Sorc/Assassins can beat any pre-made of none Sorcs...).

THe best is when I join the winning team on a recently completed warzone where the stat scoreboard is up and I get credit. Thats the best. lol

None.

I PvP for fun and leaving is a dickmove towards your fellow players. Be it turnable or a lost cause - when it's 5v8, the fun is gone for everyone.

Your (i.e. the leavers') attitude towards both people and PvP is questionable to say the least.

But I am quite sure, that we'll see the implementation of a penalty in the next few weeks, so this'll be fixed.

Build up the bad rep on your server while you can.^^

I generally don't leave a warzone if we're losing unless I notice the other team is one of those 11-man teams which is becoming a rampant problem...

Reason I don't leave is "why leave?" I mean, you get comms if you don't leave and valor. Take the loss like a man, get the comms and those add up to a bag, too. I don't get all the abandoning of WZ's.

Oh for the love of holy Yoda...

Why do you insist on getting the Daily done if you dislike it so much? Why don't you just pvp for fun like rest of us? Then skill and gear will come along the way. If you don't like pvp, why gear up at all?

Swtor is a GAME play to have fun or stop playing.

Stop being a friggin' douche towards those of us who are actually giving our best shot at winning the game.

None. I stick with a Warzone even if it is half over and my team is loosing dramatically. A Warzone only takes a maximum of what... 15 minutes? The extra Valor/Credits/Commendations are worth sticking around for. Even if you cannot complete the required objectives in time you can still go for a few Medals to increase your Commendations gain. I would never abandon a Warzone just because the team I get placed on isn't doing good. If we win we win. If we lose we lose. It's only a game.

0 Even though you are not winning you can still get medals and get commendations..

This. I just did my first night of serious warzones last night. A level 50 PvP noob. I did it for about 4 hours. I got 7 wins.

Really, the 11 on 8 exploit is the worst. Certain Republic guild on my server seems to have it down to a science. I even counted their players in Alderaan one time. I counted 10 different names. Impossible to win when you're outnumbered and they have better gear as well.

Edited by islander

Usually none. Sometimes one or two, if people I don't like to play with are in there. Which can be all from known leechers to full green lvl45 clad people who think they can tell me what I am supposed to do.

EDIT: Oh, and I leave Huttball if on the losing team and opponents just stall and farm after 5-0.

Edited by _Flin_

Leaving WZ is really what contributes to losses more than poor play.

Enemy rushes through Voidstar very quickly?

Beat their time.

Enemy rushes through first gate within a minute?

Hold them off at the 2nd gate until the game ends.

Only control 1 tower for the first half of Alderaan?

Seize one and ninja another for just a few moments and end up winning.

0 -3 behind in Huttball?

Remind people to run ahead of the ball carrier, not after him. Score and suddenly gain momentum, winning the game 6-4.

Even a small simple changes or pointers can turn games around. Make people believe they still have a fighting chance, and fight they will.

True story. We won an Alderaan match from being down what was it, like 550 to 400. We won 190-0. It can happen. Like any good team, it needs 2-3 expert PvPers, and then others like me who are willing to do a part and assist where I can (in my case, I focus on healing)

Oh for the love of holy Yoda...

Why do you insist on getting the Daily done if you dislike it so much? Why don't you just pvp for fun like rest of us? Then skill and gear will come along the way. If you don't like pvp, why gear up at all?

(why do PVPers want to get the daily done so bad? well for starters you have to get geared if you want to level the playing field with all the geared battlemasters. Its as simple as that. winning is much more fun than losing.)

Swtor is a GAME play to have fun or stop playing.

Stop being a friggin' douche towards those of us who are actually giving our best shot at winning the game.

now i will say if folks in my pug are tryharding then im more inclined to stick it out with them in warzones. If i see folks chasing down people to the other side of the map then my leave warzone trigger finger starts to get itchy. lol

Edited by Rehme

Wow! OP troll gets 11 pages. Nice trolling.

This is itself is considered trolling. You are not providing any useful feedback to the OPs thread. Also, you cannot exactly say that this thread has 11 pages as everyones computer and specifications are different. On my PC this thread only has 3 pages. It depends on the total amount of replies shown for each page that people have their forum settings on.

(I have already responded to the OPs question by the way, your post just stood out as hypocritical to your argument :) )

Only time me and my fiancee ever quit is when we get Huttball (one of us goes in, sees it's huttball and we quit before the game starts), we just can't stand that warzone due to the amount of retarded people on Empire who can't seem to play as a team and score the ball.

Now that we're Republic, I doubt we'll run into Huttball that often as our server is Imp heavy.