Tattoo

Pookabear

I have the symbols for the Empire and Republic on my arms. I'm thinking of ways to expand them with Jedi/Sith abilities. The Empire is easy, I'm going to have a hand shooting lightning through and around the symbol. The Republic symbol, however, is leaving me at a loss. I cannot think of an iconic Jedi ability that can be conveyed easily in a tattoo.

The guys at the tattoo parlor suggested things involving light sabers, but since both sides use them I want to stay away from that idea. I'm trying to find something specific to Jedi. My wife suggested 'Jedi mind trick' (force persuade) but I don't know if that is exclusive to Jedi or how I could possibly put that in picture form (without words - which I don't want).

Can anyone help me out with ideas? I'm really drawing blanks here.

I can't recall any Force ability that is presented as Light Side having any visual effect, but I could be wrong. You would be better off going with the Jedi Code, or a memorable line from it. Such as "There is no death; there is the Force" or something like that (may be wrong on that line, I only know the Sith code, never liked the Jedi).

I'd do a blue or green lightsaber deflecting a blaster bolt. Yes, it's something both Sith and Jedi can do, but A) using the "Jedi" colors reinforces the Jedi aspect of the power, and making it specifically blaster bolt deflection highlights the idea of the Jedi as guardians and protectors, stepping in front of danger and shielding others.

Re-reading my OP I realize I might have misconstrued something. When I said 'ability' I didn't mean an active ability from SWTOR. Anything from a movie, game, novel, or anything canon from Star Wars is okay.

I do think that green/blue light sabers might work since Sith have always been portrayed with red ones. Although, I would like to avoid any kind of duality simply for ease and simplicity. Keep in mind that I just got these symbols tattooed yesterday so it will be 2-3~ months before I add more work to it.

Everyone's idea are greatly appreciated and thank you for the replies so far.

I don't know about other games/books but in KoTOR only Light side could heal... (IF I remember corectly) Dark side had the drain life skill... Healing is generally a selfless ability, something that would be more easily attributed to the Jedi than the Sith... The only problem is representing it

Or you could have a representation of the force like that other person suggested, kinda like how in KoTOR when you became fully light side you got all the swirling blue lights/'energy' around your character on the profile screen