How far into the future do you see yourself with SWTOR?

Droidlife

I was going to play abit longer but I haven't even logged on for days now and after trying tera I've just cancelled my sub,like others have said take out the single player story element of this game which is good,the rest of the game is pretty dull and uninspiring.to be honest i would rather play mass effect for story than this.Such a shame that SWG had to shut down to make way for an inferior star wars mmorpg. Edited by Karraway

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet $50 (don't have 10K not Mitt Romney) that two months after both of those games launches their boards will have identical posts to what we see here.

have 'fun' 'playing' SWTOR I guess... everyone else will be enjoying GW2.

I guess with nobody playing in Ilum, those 30 crates you need for your 'PVP' dailies will be simple to get

I paid for 6 months upfront (huge mistake!) so my sub is active thru april, I will play until then, or until Secret World is released. I marginally like SWTOR but it just does not have the staying power for me. If there was another AA game out there that I wasn't sick of I would probably never log back into TOR

My guess is that anyone speaking out against GW2 as an inferior game to SWTOR, has never even looked into it.

GW2 is better in every single way, and makes SWTOR look like Pong in comparison

LOL @ GW2.

No end game content.

GW was a joke.

:p

Go post on their boards if you feel the need to promote that game.

I'll bet $50 (don't have 10K not Mitt Romney) that two months after both of those games launches their boards will have identical posts to what we see here.

I'm sure they will, all mmos have those but at least those 2 games are trying something substantially different instead of taking the worst of wow

Have about 4 days left on my first month sub.

Enjoyed leveling but its waaaaayyyy too linear to do over again.

Probly wont re-sub since all my family decided to quit.

If there are any White Wolf fans or Vampire the Masquerade fans an upcoming horror themed mmo is on the horizon called World of Darkness. Still in development but Id like to sink my teeth (excuse the pun) into a horror themed mmo. Where is the gore or even a blood stain in mmos... really need some mature adult content :jawa_evil:.

LOL @ GW2.

No end game content.

GW was a joke.

As opposed to SWTOR which has tons of endgame content I suppose.

That game isn't even out yet, so you can't judge how it will play at endgame.

Besides, even if there is absolutely no endgame content in GW2... at least they aren't charging 15$ a month to stand around on the Imperial fleet doing nothing.

LOL @ GW2.

No end game content.

GW was a joke.

Lol all you want. A LOT of people will be trying it. Myself included. I know I know good riddance , right? You should hope you are right about it....

Edited by Arnokar

If the hype machine is anything to go by then GW2 will probably fall flat on its face.

Anyway back on topic, prolly a few months or possibly years if the support is good enough. 1.2 had better be an impressionable patch or I'll probably lose interest.

technically ill be here till the 22nd but actually i left a few weeks ago B^(

i quit playing WoW kuz it got boring and this game is just WoW in space, but with less options.

i got bored quick with this game and was upset with the options im given when in quests. i choose one option and my toon says something totally different. the voice acting is also just horrible!!! crafting in this game is a joke!!! you don't do anything other than say hey slave go make this or go gather that!!! what fun is there in that??? no options for the look of the item or color? im so dun with this game, i may come back if/when they release a expansion.

I quit already.

Feel like a idiot for buying DDE and paying with GTC for this game.

Now I have 30 days of play and I only use forums expecting a miracle.

This game is my biggest flop when it comes to games. It really feels that rushed, dead, linear that is not worth playing.

same here that DDE was the biggest waste of money I ever shelled out for an MMO. This was actually the first game I ever paid for more than the standard edition, and thanks to Bioware I'll go back to paying for standard editions again.

The extras in the DDE were complete garbage, never even use ANY of them

Ill be here till my my billing period expire in 65 days (or i wont, my char will, i will be on other games), i was stupid enough to pay 3 months before getting to know this game, holy **** why did i ever do that, i just canceled my subscription, worst money ever spend................................:mad:

tbh. it really feel like playing a clone of Mass effect and Dragon age, but i dont have to pay monthly fee to play theese games

Edited by -cowboyjoe-

If the hype machine is anything to go by then GW2 will probably fall flat on its face.

Anyway back on topic, prolly a few months or possibly years if the support is good enough. 1.2 had better be an impressionable patch or I'll probably lose interest.

TOR has/had a much larger hype machine.

I see myself in game at least through the 6 month mark and probably a lot longer than that. Currently I have a 3-month recurring sub, which ends in April I guess (launch +4 months since month 1 was free), and I will probably at least re-up another 3 monther. I don't have even a single character capped, and I definitely want to play all 8 character slots at least on my main server.

Once all 8 characters are 50, then we will see. But since it has taken me 2 months and I'm not even close to capping character #1 yet (in part due to alt-aholism), that's going to take at least until summer, and probably more like until this time next year.

That's with the content they have right now. Assuming they put in tons of new content between now and 6-12 months from now, they'll keep me around even longer.

Would like to stay a long time, maybe it's my server, but the questing in silence and no one ever answering you is getting to me. If my higher level friend isn't on, I can't get FP or heroic quests done. Yet the guild boast 486 members and it's very quiet...

I need to find a server where people will be talking, heck people to play with. Maybe a RP server or something...

I unsubbed yesterday. Like some others I'll check back in 6 months, but my gripe with this game has to do with it's supposed MMO-nature. Unless they do a total rewrite of the game...which they're not going to do, then I don't see how my particular issues with the game will ever be resolved. Thanks for screwing up the Star Wars franchise BW, this game is the equivelent of Windows ME for MMORPG's..all talk and you only get crap!