Stealth for snipers

ButterStrawKid

Stealth, a basic, non-upgradable form of it, would be ideal for Snipers and Gunslingers, allowing for better positioning. Obviously, it would break on dmg, or when rolling into/setting up cover, just like Operatives and Scoundrels. It doesn't provide near as much of an advantage as what they get, but it does allow for more effective movement into cover positions.

I'm sure arguments could be made against, but having at least this little luxury on a class that has a lot going against it in PvP would be nice.

Stealth while in cover and not in combat.

This has been suggested before. It's a good idea. The only changes I would make is that you immediately drop out of stealth once your first shot goes off (as you suggested) and a 15 second cool-down.

This would allow us to get off an Ambush or a Sniper-shot before we are discovered. This is very important as we are a ranged/cover-based class and generally not very mobile.

Does anyone remember Night Elf hunters with Aim Shot? You would have every other AC whining until they removed that ability. While in PVE it makes sense, in PVP, the ability to shoot someone from the max range any AC has before they even know where you are would just be OP.

Does anyone remember Night Elf hunters with Aim Shot? You would have every other AC whining until they removed that ability. While in PVE it makes sense, in PVP, the ability to shoot someone from the max range any AC has before they even know where you are would just be OP.

Just as OP as Sorcs/Sages having a sprint ability while being ranged already?

I've found that most people ignore me until I start shooting. So I can't see being in stealth before shooting being that useful.

What we really need is a chance to escape once the distance is closed. If the enemy wants to chase you, they WILL catch you. Sure, as an MM, I got a few toys I can pop, but I can easily be caught once i'm in someones sights.

Some kind of speed boost would be nice. A stealth move might be considered too OP. Here's what I suggest. Tweak blind.

Anyone hit with blind looses complete sight of you for x seconds. Sort of a quasi stealth. That way, you have a much better chance of not being chased.

Maybe stealth isnt neccesary, but a good start would be to get rid of that damn LOOK AT ME, I AM HERE, LOOK AT MY BRIGHT RED SHIELD. That doesnt even do anything anyway, except draw alot of attention to yourself.

And of all colors, Red!? With blinking lights!?

maybe stealth isnt neccesary, but a good start would be to get rid of that damn look at me, i am here, look at my bright red shield. That doesnt even do anything anyway, except draw alot of attention to yourself.

And of all colors, red!? With blinking lights!?

this :D