Did you just hit 50?

HileyQuiggley

Here Sir, please take 1 trillion credits for every Mod/Enhancement you can think of, please have a full set of BM/Champ and Cent gear for yourself and your companions. Oh man I understand even with equal Expertise now its hard to compete. Please have another 500 expertise. Dont worry about your subscription fee for this month either. We will pay you for that hard work leveling up to 50. Please dont fret any longer, you will not work for another thing.

Why cant you be patient and work for your items guys, seriously. Stop complaining, for real.

The system is heavily biased against new players. The only efficient way to get pvp armor is to win (Daily/Weekly, because merc commendations take prohibitive amounts of losses to accumulate), but the only way to reliably win is to have a lot of expertise (across the team as a whole). Edited by Randomness

Im still working for my gear. I dont want everything for free and as soon as I hit 50. Yeah people are going to hurt me more when im new. But I will be geared eventually and there will always be new 50's coming in. Just like me.

Its a cycle, it goes around.

Throw out a number. How many hours of PvP are you willing to spend being the low guy on the totem pole, getting stomped by people with 17-18k health who take less than 2000 damage ON CRITS?

How long are you going to sit there and take games where you go 4 and 12? Not 'however long it takes' give us a real, legitimate number.

I'm 41, will hit 50 in a week or two probably, and I assume I'll be laughing at everyone for how much of exaggeration they are making about PvP gear.

I think the problem is they are in blues/greens fighting people in full top tier purples. If the person in blues/greens had top tier PVE purples they wouldn't give a **** about PvP gear or expertise. Or would they? I'll find out for myself.

Edited by Caribroo

Now that they have changed the champ bags, you can get decent gear in a week... 6 bags from the weeklys, and 14 bags for doing the daily 7 times (in a week) is 20 bags. Thats 15x20 cent comms (300 cent comms) and 7X20 champ comms (140 champ comms).

You can buy almost the full set of cent gear plus the champ weapon. What more do you guys want...

Edited by DarthMikesta

Now that they have changed the champ bags, you can get decent gear in a week... 6 bags from the weeklys, and 14 bags for doing the daily 7 times (in a week) is 20 bags. Thats 15x20 cent comms (300 cent comms) and 7X20 champ comms (140 champ comms).

You can buy almost the full set of cent gear plus the champ weapon. What more do you guys want...

No, this still doesnt work for some players. As you can see on the forums.

See, this assumes you're WINNING. The problem is, not having gear puts you at a disadvantage, and hence, you run into problems getting the daily complete in the first place. Hell, it took me three days to complete my first one (In part because I wasn't doing pvp all the time, and in part because I just had a 95% loss rate due to running into premades left and right or having awful teamwork)

Basically, it's easy to get pvp gear when you win, and easier to win when you have pvp gear. It's hard to get pvp gear when you lose, and easy to lose when you have no gear.

Edited by Randomness

I'm probably gonna hit 50 this week, and I'm gonna get stomped... and I'm excited about that.

I want a challenge and 'earn' my way back up to number 1 on the score board.

me too actually, I'm excited to pvp in the 50+ bracket, and I know I'll get stomped.

Here Sir, please take 1 trillion credits for every Mod/Enhancement you can think of, please have a full set of BM/Champ and Cent gear for yourself and your companions. Oh man I understand even with equal Expertise now its hard to compete. Please have another 500 expertise. Dont worry about your subscription fee for this month either. We will pay you for that hard work leveling up to 50. Please dont fret any longer, you will not work for another thing.

Why cant you be patient and work for your items guys, seriously. Stop complaining, for real.

facts , people who call themselves gamers these days lack the old good patience we had , the good old feeling of achieving something after hours of effort is gone , now is just give me give me give me , the funny part is , i for one find this boring , they deliver for you easy , the next day you are alrdy bored with the gear and want a new one and another and another.

The good old days while we would wear what we got proudly are gone , now we are just all the same with top gear delivered by BW.

facts , people who call themselves gamers these days lack the old good patience we had , the good old feeling of achieving something after hours of effort is gone , now is just give me give me give me , the funny part is , i for one find this boring , they deliver for you easy , the next day you are alrdy bored with the gear and want a new one and another and another.

The good old days while we would wear what we got proudly are gone , now we are just all the same with top gear delivered by BW.

Agree with you Sir, old WoW rank 14 here.

Throw out a number. How many hours of PvP are you willing to spend being the low guy on the totem pole, getting stomped by people with 17-18k health who take less than 2000 damage ON CRITS?

How long are you going to sit there and take games where you go 4 and 12? Not 'however long it takes' give us a real, legitimate number.

Wake up just because you dinged 50 now doesn´t make you special everyone had/have to gear up now its even easier now with the bag change than it was when i was doing it with 1-3comms per bag and bashing my head against the wall with losing pugs.

There are good guides for gearing up to be able to compete in pvp even if you dinged 50 5mins ago. But i´ll do it again.

- Max out your commendations before dinging 1000/1000 and buy 1 bag champ bag to be opened after dinging that´s 6 bags even with no parts you get 42 champ comms and 90 cents and with those you can get 3-4 pvp items.

- Get orange gear on all your main slots those include head-chest-gloves-legs-feet and your weapon both if you´re a dual wielder and get pvp items on the rest with your comms. buy epic lvl 22 (not player lvl) mods enchants and armor from gtn unless you can craft them.

- Forget 110% mount buy a rakata earpiece and implants or atleast lvl 50 epic with superior quality. Worry about cash see below.

- Do your dailies in belsavis and ilum and buy best hilts/barrels first to max your dmg output. This will produce around 100k income per day.

- Forget alac/accu just max out with power/crit and surge enchants and mods. Alac can be kept if you play healer class but your pvp gear will contain it so you don´t have to enchant/mod it on your oranges.

- Following those steps you should have around 16k health 30+ crit chance 90% surge.

Simple steps to make you a contenter in pvp no you don´t have the survivabily of a full champ/bm but you´re not that 12k greenboy that everyone guns for.

If you wonder why do players with 17-18k in full champ/bm gear leave wz before it starts it´s because you don´t bother gearing up and show up with 12k health buffed why should they carry you in pvp.

Getting steamrolled as a fresh 50 is part of the experience. You work for the gear, and deal with being the KOS target because you die so fast with so little damage output. Getting through that is what let's you appreciate rocking someone's face later on.

Sure, maybe it shouldn't be quite as gear-dependent, but it is, and that's something you'll have to deal with kayyy? Besides, when you're on the other end and it's YOU with all the gear, you won't think so. Everyone goes through it, you aren't alone. Now take off your tiara and glass slippers and get busy.

Getting steamrolled as a fresh 50 is part of the experience. You work for the gear, and deal with being the KOS target because you die so fast with so little damage output. Getting through that is what let's you appreciate rocking someone's face later on.

Sure, maybe it shouldn't be quite as gear-dependent, but it is, and that's something you'll have to deal with kayyy? Besides, when you're on the other end and it's YOU with all the gear, you won't think so. Everyone goes through it, you aren't alone. Now take off your tiara and glass slippers and get busy.

Actually, my real problem is that on my server, it always seems like the republic team is all decked out in battlemaster and my team has maybe 200 expertise at best.

I have AWFUL luck. I think that the daily or weekly, one of the two, should be changed to be based on matches played, to account for the massive variance between winning and losing in terms of getting gear.

I'm probably gonna hit 50 this week, and I'm gonna get stomped... and I'm excited about that.

I want a challenge and 'earn' my way back up to number 1 on the score board.

its not a challenge

this game values gear far above skill. partly because expertise is too good, and partly because classes are fairly shallow

you will get stomped by bads, regardless of how amazing you play. its not fun, it gets old quickly

Did you ignore all the story and grind to 50? You deserve to farm lower levels and exploit Ilum to get max valor and Battlemaster! Anyone who didn't game the system wants "welfare epics" and only deserve to be farmed by your garbage premade.

Edited by Vasagi

Did you ignore all the story and grind to 50? You deserve to farm lower levels and exploit Ilum to get max valor and Battlemaster! Anyone who didn't game the system wants "welfare epics" and only deserve to be farmed by your garbage premade.

1. I dont have a guild or run premades

2. I quested my way, did a few WZ's, FP's all and everything on my way to 50.

3. Im not BM, im V57 at the moment, dont even have all my Champ gear.

4. Just because I post this you jump to conclusions about me personally. If you dont mind the grind thats fine with me. If you came to flame me for complaining about whiners wanting everything handed to them then flame away.

My play times are scattered atm. Also I want a few 50's before I actually join a Guild so I can be free to do what I want now.

Dont judge a book by its cover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.