So i dont pay 8.99 to stand on the fleet all day? is there...

Kaladorei

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also a reason they removed attunements, it's because less than 5% of their player-base were getting to see the content they spent months creating.

The number of people who saw end game content had nothing to do with attunement. It was because of the number of players you had to collect for end game dungeons (10-40 people), which meant you were required to be part of a large, dedicated raiding guild to even have a chance of seeing the content.

Attunement was never difficult to complete. The only people that didn't complete them were the lazy people who refused to run small group content to begin with..

At least the OP actually experienced all the content the game has to offer. I keep thinking about leveling my 48 jugg or 40 op to 50 and I'm like..why? What is the point?

I would also love to roll out a few republic toons, at least consular, maybe trooper and smuggler. Unfortunately I would have to be an idiot to roll anything republic on my server when republic side is dead. I tried rolling republic on the most republic heavy server I could find but I was turned off by the idea of leveling a new character at all wether I had played the class at all or not. Plus I don't really think any server has a good repub population that I would be happy with.

If you're not even curious to see the end of the class story, quit now, stop suffering this game isn't for you.

The number of people who saw end game content had nothing to do with attunement. It was because of the number of players you had to collect for end game dungeons (10-40 people), which meant you were required to be part of a large, dedicated raiding guild to even have a chance of seeing the content.

Attunement was never difficult to complete. The only people that didn't complete them were the lazy people who refused to run small group content to begin with..

Attunement did have something to do with it, it was an extra barrier of entry on top of needing the 10-40 people. They still existed in TBC when raid sizes were dropped to 10/25, and some of those were fairly difficult, at least for casual players, which is why they dropped them at some point (don't recall exactly this was years ago) during TBC/prior to WoTLK.

I have a suggestion, its the only thing that is worth doing right now in my opinion. Play all class stories, 4 advanced classes for the Empire and 4 advanced classes for the Republic. Thats what im planning to do until either Guild Wars 2 goes live or SW:TOR end game becomes an enjoyable timesink.

Working on my 4th advanced class now and have to say that every new character feels more enjoyable than the last one. Now im finding myself going for maximum companion affection in dialogues, really makes the story random and intresting depending on what companion you are using at the time. Also its becoming obsession to complete the codex before moving to the next planet, extra stats from Datacrons dont hurt either.

Try it out.

not trying to be rude. You can roll and alt or wait. Some people will manage to accomplish all content before a new patch is out. congratulations you are one of them. The game will eventually have more stuff to do, you can wait for that, unsub until then, or quit outright and nobody else will care.

anything else i should be doing now im full battlemaster and rakata?

my guild is pretty much geared at both sides of the coin and we have literally NOTHING to do....?

bioware do you plan to add anything to keep us playing this MMO that has such potential and is wasted on voice acting that ends at 50...?

in MMO's end game is where the game starts for a large proportion of MMO players? since i have no reason to leave the fleet or nothing atall to do? what now? theres no exotic pet mounts to collect? no misc fun stuff? no gear other than what we have?

now what is my question?

i'de also like to suggest that that the raid content you provided takes less than 2 hours to complete on hard mode for both instances and a slight bit more for nightmare could i suggest a shorter lockout?

so can you atleast give me an incentive to play this game?

anything will do?

No major content will be added anytime soon, the code on the stuff they already have implimented is beyond buggy, adding on to a broken infastructure is only going to create the need for more fixes later on, your best bet is to find another game until this one is fixed.

another content locust complaining about nothing to do

i mean there is NO COMPANY OR STUDIO IN EXCISTENCE THAT CAN PRODUCE CONTENT FAST ENOUGH TO KEEP YOU BUSY FOREVER

given that they cannot produce a new raid each week, the only other recourse is ridiculous amounts of either:

a - RNG - making you regrind raids and instances over and over and over hoping the item roll drops the thing you want

b-ridiculous faction grinds to buy the item wich at the end of the day makes you what?(see A)

dear sire i dont know what you expect? it took wow at least 3 years to even start working on an expansion , and what was there in vanilla wow to do you ask?

ridiculous time sinks and retarded rng , not to mention you needed FORTY PEOPLE to do it and you rolled AGAINST FORTY OTHER PEOPLE for it, why do you think DKP systems where invented bro?

my point? TOR has far more content than wow had at release, and even if they completely negated their entire voice acting budget , it would be irrelevant , because money is NOT what is holding back content release, its the fact that it just simply cant be done any faster bro, even magazines take a week to plan/print/and produce content that will last you a good couple of hours at the most and thats being generous , so hold your horses and quit and wait for more content, level alts, do pvp and fun stuff with your guild casually in the meantime , you dont HAVE to spend all your freetime JUST on TOR , 15 bucks a month will never ever ever buy 300 + hours of entertainment forever , its just not possible bro

another content locust complaining about nothing to do

i mean there is NO COMPANY OR STUDIO IN EXCISTENCE THAT CAN PRODUCE CONTENT FAST ENOUGH TO KEEP YOU BUSY FOREVER

given that they cannot produce a new raid each week, the only other recourse is ridiculous amounts of either:

a - RNG - making you regrind raids and instances over and over and over hoping the item roll drops the thing you want

b-ridiculous faction grinds to buy the item wich at the end of the day makes you what?(see A)

dear sire i dont know what you expect? it took wow at least 3 years to even start working on an expansion , and what was there in vanilla wow to do you ask?

ridiculous time sinks and retarded rng , not to mention you needed FORTY PEOPLE to do it and you rolled AGAINST FORTY OTHER PEOPLE for it, why do you think DKP systems where invented bro?

my point? TOR has far more content than wow had at release, and even if they completely negated their entire voice acting budget , it would be irrelevant , because money is NOT what is holding back content release, its the fact that it just simply cant be done any faster bro, even magazines take a week to plan/print/and produce content that will last you a good couple of hours at the most and thats being generous , so hold your horses and quit and wait for more content, level alts, do pvp and fun stuff with your guild casually in the meantime , you dont HAVE to spend all your freetime JUST on TOR , 15 bucks a month will never ever ever buy 300 + hours of entertainment forever , its just not possible bro

Besides the rampant use of bro, this bro speaks the truth. :p

The amount of "derr" on this forums is incredible. I wish I had a nickel for every time some armchair analyst said "well if bioware didn't spend all the money on voices we'd have more to do".

They aren't even related. You can only code and produce content so fast. Bioware had a big enough budget for voice acting and it in no way affected the content.

Pound for pound this game has 3 times the content WoW did at release. The only thing its missing is the miles of unused, barren content of other games.

Edited by Arkerus

No major content will be added anytime soon, the code on the stuff they already have implimented is beyond buggy, adding on to a broken infastructure is only going to create the need for more fixes later on, your best bet is to find another game until this one is fixed.

Just ignore Khemizt. He spouts this in every thread he posts in. Not sure why he is still around when he hates the game so much.

Others have already given you options. If you leave then check back in about 6 months and see whats been changed.

My simple definition of an MMO:

They start with a cake -> They release the basic layer of the cake -> They add stuff to complete the cake over time

Or if you would have it more technical - search up MMO definition on google and you will get a definition what an MMO is.

The point is, things will get added to the game OVER TIME! If they released everything at once people in the famous "5%" would just blast through that too, but the problem would be that it all would be too overwhelming to the 95%. This would shake the foundation of the game to a much bigger degree then "loosing" the interest of the rushers.

btw, im in the 95% category. I have been in the 5% category in other games and it was boring as hell.

Here we go again... Apparently this game is competing with the 2004 launch of another MMORPG.

Regardless, WoW is irrelevant and you fanboys bring it up more than the doomsayers in some stupid fallacy to distract from the main point.

There isn't enough end-game content in any form to keep players entertained. This isn't about being hardcore. This isn't about WoW. The game is lacking end-game content. Period.

you pay 8.99?

dont care about the rest of your post.

i suspect they are UK based as our sub over here is £8.99 without egtting any VAT added onto our sub price.

tbh though only one company i have used before has the beachballs to charge tax ontop of it's subs, and thats cryptic, they do it as £8.99+vat=£10.56 which makes all of their online mmo games the most expensive i have ever seen tbh, and they even dump on us with the cash store....sorry i went off on a orange tangent......or was that a blue nonagon..... :p

wow was more accessible and had a more defining launch with misc stuff to do.

lol Thanks for clarifying the deeper reason behind this post. Oh and "rose colored" glasses don't help you see things better you know.

In regards as to "what to do". Go search for datacrons. There are a ton of things that are simply hidden in this game. Some are discovered and well known by now, others have yet to be discovered.

Other than that, the devs made it very clear that they want people to reroll alts. They stated this a year or more before the game launched. Did people think they were out right lying to the camera? Heck, in a topic about the Legacy system and server balance, they are trying to incorporate better server balance by even further encouraging a same server cross faction benefit from the legacy (my take on what they said about it).

Still lots to do. Though I know what it's like to open the fridge when your just STARVING for pizza and there is no pizza. There is other food, but you simply don't want it.

Srry for double post but I Just needed to say that if you're not happy leave.. Stop promoting other games and trying to recruit the band Waggoners

LOL

Thats really all anyone needs to know about GW2

Its such a great game that its players still go elsewhere trying to drum up bussiness for it!

Personally I cant wait for GW2 to release already so these posters who been basically advertising the game for over a year now in other game forums stop!

The 1 month and done crowd will play and quit and their disappointment will be about GW2 and not TOR, till then next title comes along and then it will be 1 and done for that game, ect ect ect

And then hopefully with the die hard haters gone, we can get TOR fixed up on whats actually important and real, rather then the endless lists of nonsense the 1 and done crowd constantly post!

Only thing that would make it a perfect setting is if the 1 and done haters somehow managed to take the "TOR is perfect and has no issues that need fixing or attention" posters with them.

But yeah Jiz, the (i suspect) paid advertisers that fill various message boards with posts of the promised land of GW2 got old and annoying back when RIFT was launching. After that its just been completely out of hand and silly. If the game and its community is that great, and they say they are beta testing it, GO PLAY IT AND INTERACT WITH THAT COMMUNITY THEN. Why they keep coming back here to advertise it tells me more about that game then any bought and paid for advertising ever will.

There are allways guilds/players who are geared first, these players have to wait the longest for the new patches. Same thing in every game. Either go get your 10th alt to lvl 50 + full gear or do something else with your spare time :D