PVP at Level 50 = Not Fun

Adut

I love to PvP, and I PvP['d my character all the way up to level 50.

I played lots of warzones, and after BW, removed the level 50's into their own battleground, PvP was fun again.

Now my character is level 50 and Republic (at least on my server) wins maybe one out of 10, if we are lucky.

Also Illum is just a lag nightmare. It goes like this. 75 Empire standing outside the Rebublic base and 25 inside trying to pull them in with grapple. Laggy as heck and just boring.

I've been keeping up w/ my gear and have purple mods in my weapons and armor, and I'm starting to get some expertise bits, but I figured it out and given that the just reduced the drop rate of expertise gear and you have to change warzone to mercenary to buy a backpack that gives you yet MORE tokens you have to save up.

Long story short is, to be able to compete at level 50 in PvP you have to gear up, and in order to gear up, you have to PvP, problem is that until you gear up, you just can't compete, but you can't gear up unless you can compete.

I figure to get decent gear to the point where PvP is fun again will take at least 1000 hours of getting repeatedly ganked.

So I check back to see if they ever fix it, but it's a game breaker for me.

And no you can't has my stuff.:mad:

Long story short is, to be able to compete at level 50 in PvP you have to gear up, and in order to gear up, you have to PvP, problem is that until you gear up, you just can't compete, but you can't gear up unless you can compete.

Yup!

It took Trion a year to figure it out we will see how long it takes Bioware.

Unless everyone else in the group is likewise geared up, it doesn't help all that much.

Not blaming BW, it's just not fun for me. It may be there is no solution. It may to quote one of my guildmates that "MMO's and PvP" don't mix.

The reason is that at some point it is not about skill or teamwork, it's about how much time you spent in the game, either leveling or acquiring gear.

In MMO's including this one, the 14 year old kid that lives with his mom and has no job will always win out over the casual player that actually has a life and plays less than 24/7.

It may just be the nature of the beast, and I had high hopes that Bioware had come up with a solution. It appears the < 50 they figured out how to make it fun, but once you get to 50 it's just a complete grinding drag.

Walk into warzone as a fresh 50. 2 pieces of Centurion gear from saving commendations beforehand. Enemy team has battlemaster of same class as me. get into 1v1 fight on a side at one point, both full health. Use no damage cooldowns at all (don't even have any relics). Bring them to 15% before dying.

Team with 5 fresh 50s versus team with 6 battlemasters in Huttball. Battlemaster team has 4 sorcs (lots of utility).

Final score 3-1, experienced/battlemaster team.

You can't compete without expertise? Are you retarded? The difference is TINY.

Edited by Grubfist

Hutball is one of the only warzones where strategy is more important than gear.

A team that throws the ball can almost always win against a team that doesn't

It's one of the only warzones that's not heavily gear dependant.

It's not a question of balance or nerfing, or anything else. It's just my opinion. PvP was fun before 50 (for me) and now at 50 I just do not like it at all, and it's for the reasons I stated.

Fun is a relative thing and what's fun for someone else may not be fun for another.

For me I had a great time with the game in both PvP and PvE, until I hit 50, then when I hit 50 and went to Illum and Warzones and did some more PvE, I did not like it at all.

That's my opinion for reasons stated. Doing X or Y may work for some of you, but I felt like when I got to 50, I was back at level 1 again and had a huge grind ahead to get my character to where he could PvP.

It's kind of anti-climatctic to spend all your time to get to 50, and be fairly on top at 49, only to go all the way to the bottom again in one level.

i personally am not a fan of 'the pvp stat' be it resilience, expertise, whatever the game wants to call it.

It always, ALWAYS makes pvp more about gear than skill. Its the same stupid mentality that modern FPS' use with the perk system. Competitive play = balance not giving other players advantages and others handicaps. Its why games like team fortress and unreal tournament and counter-strike work. Skill > gear.

All pvp stats do is handicap and crutch.

It was a bad idea when Blizzard did it, and i don't see how Bioware didn't see the same thing. Too busy copying WOW i guess.

Edited by JeedaiFiresaber

Please check out my post:

Suggestion: A Simple Way to Fix Ilum

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=292895

This will help the Warzones be cleared of the higher geared people, and also provide another way for lower geared people to get gear aside from being smashed in Warzones by premades. Please show support if you like it!! Please spread the word to other active PVPers, especially battlemasters!

Wrong. Go do Ilum/Belsavis PvE dailies. And even if you don't like the Ilum PvP pulling party, it's free gear you don't have to compete for.

Edited by vrok-

So what gear do you have? Are you at least using the equivalent pvp gear (i.e. columi = champ) so you have secondary stats like surge and crit chance high or just random lvl 50 gear / leveling gear?

Expertise has diminishing returns, the damage bonus from aim / str / cun / wis does not. So a full set of pvp gear isn't necessarily the best thing anyway.

Hutball is one of the only warzones where strategy is more important than gear.

A team that throws the ball can almost always win against a team that doesn't

It's one of the only warzones that's not heavily gear dependant.

It's not a question of balance or nerfing, or anything else. It's just my opinion. PvP was fun before 50 (for me) and now at 50 I just do not like it at all, and it's for the reasons I stated.

Fun is a relative thing and what's fun for someone else may not be fun for another.

For me I had a great time with the game in both PvP and PvE, until I hit 50, then when I hit 50 and went to Illum and Warzones and did some more PvE, I did not like it at all.

That's my opinion for reasons stated. Doing X or Y may work for some of you, but I felt like when I got to 50, I was back at level 1 again and had a huge grind ahead to get my character to where he could PvP.

It's kind of anti-climatctic to spend all your time to get to 50, and be fairly on top at 49, only to go all the way to the bottom again in one level.

It's liek graduating HS... onj the top... go to college... on the bottom again. Seems all too familiar for me :)

1-49 for PvE and PvP is great imo with well still issues but that's less with content more bugs and customization and stuff.

At 50 it's a totally different game; it becomes glaringly clear end-game wasn't at all ready. EA pushed the releease for December and well we have what we have. I mean, just look what they do with end-game esp PvP at 50...

As for the Imp imbalance and low pop server issue well, just makes since more be Imps than Reps. THe real issue was BW adding tons of servers that will never be full of pop... just for a few weeks of essentially stress testing. On a really well popped server I'm fortunate to be in, Republics are well populated, always be a bit more Imps of course.

I don't really have a point lol but 50 CAN be fun with the right ppl and working team, even undergeared, but it doesn't happen consistently at all.

Wrong. Go do Ilum/Belsavis PvE dailies. And even if you don't like the Ilum PvP pulling party, it's free gear you don't have to compete for.

besides the pve part, which is true, I disagree slightly with the pvp part. It would indeed be what you said if it wasnt lagging so insanely!

other then that your right ! :D