Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware, you DO listen!

Lheim

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What needs to happen for Community PvP is there needs to be a battle arena area in the the Fleets for Dueling.

I can't agree to an arena based PVP area, but I would be happy with a PVP-PVE based Warzone area that could be captured to provide faction buffs or rare crafting resources. :cool:

Honestly, do you really think they are listening?

To me, I FEEL, they are doing the BARE MINIMUM so the game is playable and keeps being profitable.

I don't really notice a strong effort to address our concerns and stuff.

Sure, more QQ, but they don't listen, they are just doing whats expected, nothing more. Do you get congratulated for doing your job on a standard level? I bet you do

now maybe people will stop qqing about these issues.

The biggest problem is not that BW does not listen, it is the fact they do not respond fast enough leaving players to wonder. Sometimes we wait several weeks for an answer to questions. I like the Q&A thing they did and they should be doing that every week to keep players informed of upcoming changes they are looking into.

Honestly, do you really think they are listening?

To me, I FEEL, they are doing the BARE MINIMUM so the game is playable and keeps being profitable.

I don't really notice a strong effort to address our concerns and stuff.

Sure, more QQ, but they don't listen, they are just doing whats expected, nothing more. Do you get congratulated for doing your job on a standard level? I bet you do

I'm glad you can express your opinion , I think its completely wrong but I support your right to have one .

Edited by Selaik

I like the story, ive never known any of the stories in any mmo's I play besides this one. Always instant text and go.

VO's are great and I believe they set a new standard that any genre should follow (if applicable).

Corruption effects.

Big open worlds

Space missions that take away from the general "grind"

Questing to me was not a grind unlike most games

Feel apart of the universe or that your guy sort of matters.

Just off the top of my head.

And lastly that its star wars.

That's what I find funny. Every mmo you decided to just skip through. Does that mean there wasn't a story? No. Most MMOs actually have had a more compelling story than this game if you were willing to read(I know a majority aren't willing to and in most cases I'm not either to be honest).

These are just my opinions on the things you listed:

Corruption effects: Only works 1 way not both - Makes female characters look like they have STDs in their mounts :(

Big open worlds - Big Open empty worlds. Feels more like you're in a box than an open world.

Space missions that take away from the general "grind" - They're fun for the first few times until you realize that they're repeats and just add more ships to the exact same set of rails. Would have preferred something more open but I'm sure that will come eventually.

Questing to me was not a grind unlike most games. - Except it is... Collect the same things on the ground or from a drop. Kill x number of x. Same quests different skins.

Feel apart of the universe or that your guy sort of matters. - Except we don't. Nothing ever changes in the world once we do something. There is no progressive zones. The things we do in space don't matter. The things we do in OPs don't matter. The things we do in FPs don't matter. There is 0 acknowledgement of your accomplishments.

I can't agree to an arena based PVP area, but I would be happy with a PVP-PVE based Warzone area that could be captured to provide faction buffs or rare crafting resources. :cool:

I didn't mean it like arena as we know. I hate arena. I mean more like a sparring area. Much like outside the gates of stormwind and orgrimmar. Somewhere where people can duel. As it stajds now there just isn't really a good area to duel each other.

Now THIS I'm sick of hearing.

I run on an $800 rig I built myself, including monitor and OS. I get 40-60 FPS all settings maxed.

Stop whining and spend some money.

I run on a cheap *** HP Slimline s5310y with only upgrade being a low profile sapphire Radeon HD 4650 512mb card and run just fine on high settings. My conclusion, people either have ancient hardware, are trying to run game+itunes+chrome+outlook+whatever else at once.....or they have some other issues such as poor maintenance, virus/malware etc, but no it MUST be the GAMES fault right?

Oh and if you dont believe my computers a big steaming pile of **** just google HP Slimline s5310y, I did and found nothing good:P

I run on a cheap *** HP Slimline s5310y with only upgrade being a low profile sapphire Radeon HD 4650 512mb card and run just fine on high settings. My conclusion, people either have ancient hardware, are trying to run game+itunes+chrome+outlook+whatever else at once.....or they have some other issues such as poor maintenance, virus/malware etc, but no it MUST be the GAMES fault right?

Oh and if you dont believe my computers a big steaming pile of **** just google HP Slimline s5310y, I did and found nothing good:P

AMD Phenom II X6 1100

8 GB Corsair DDR3 10600

OS on SSD SATA 6Gb/s

TOR on striped RAID

Radeon HD 6850

I have a laptop next to me for doing stuff out of game and the machine is clean of adware/malware/virus issues. Yet for some reason this game doesn't perform as well as other games that have far superior quality.

Getting beat on both quality and performance at the same time is bad. Not to mention the fact the engine can't seem to make use of multiple cores very well. When I check usage during gameplay I tend to see one core getting slammed to 100%, another floating around 40-60% and 4 CORES SITTING IDLE! This is actually very bad for the CPU as it puts more wear on one core and also creates a hot-spot on the die which the thermistor probe might be slow to react to.

Parroting the lame dev excuse of "it is the player's fault somehow" is getting old.

Edited by Syylara

AMD Phenom II X6 1100

8 GB Corsair DDR3 10600

OS on SATA 6Gb/s

TOR on striped RAID

Radeon HD 6850

I have a laptop next to me for doing stuff out of game and the machine is clean of adware/malware/virus issues. Yet for some reason this game doesn't perform as well as other games that have far superior quality.

Getting beat on both quality and performance at the same time is bad. Not to mention the fact the engine can't seem to make use of multiple cores very well. When I check usage during gameplay I tend to see one core getting slammed to 100%, another floating around 40-60% and 4 CORES SITTING IDLE! This is actually very bad for the CPU as it puts more wear on one core and also creates a hot-spot on the die which the thermistor probe might be slow to react to.

Parroting the lame dev excuse of "it is the player's fault somehow" is getting old.

indeed

I'm going to nitpick here and say all the features you listed in the OP should've been in the game from the start. Most of them at least.

It's not listening. It's incompetance.

couple things

1. you spelled incompetance wrong it's spelled incompetence.

2. If you had read any reviews or even just tried the early access (you could have put $5 down and then never bought the game or even returned it) you would have seen what was and what was not in game.

3. So when they do add all the features that you want in game are you going to say "it's in game now but it should have been in game 2 months ago" ?

couple things

1. you spelled incompetance wrong it's spelled incompetence.

2. If you had read any reviews or even just tried the early access (you could have put $5 down and then never bought the game or even returned it) you would have seen what was and what was not in game.

I salute you for being such a smart person. Second point. I said it should've been in the game. I knew it wasn't in the game.

Perhaps try to understand what I'm saying instead of assuming I didn't know, professor.

Edited by Fixiooo

I salute you for being such a smart person. Second point. I said it should've been in the game. I knew it wasn't in the game.

Perhaps try to understand what I'm saying instead of assuming I didn't know, professor.

so why are you complaining?

That's like knowingly buying a car with out AC and then complaining it doesn't come with AC

oh and I'm not a professor yet. I'm only working on my masters in Physics.

Edited by jarjarloves

so why are you complaining?

That's like knowingly buying a car with out AC and then complaining it doesn't come with AC

oh and I'm not a professor yet. I'm only working on my masters in Physics.

That doesn't take away it should've been in the game from the start. But hey, heaven forbid there might be elements in the game that are enjoyable.

You make it sound like it's a dealbreaker. Start understanding.

So..

Dual spec incoming, no AC switching.

A boatload of cooldown/gcd UI options

Scalable UI options incoming

Guild banks incoming

Massive improvements to ability delay issues

Gear color matching returning

Cross-server warzone queuing

Incoming heavy/medium social gear

Ability to unbind 'open ticket' coming

Target of target

.. so, like.. uh.. I realize some of this stuff should've been in at launch, but seriously, I've never seen a company work it's butt off to put out stuff like this so quickly. I for one appreciate.

Flameguard activated.

Yeah Bio says alot of things. Like WZ credit is fixed.

Lets see how long it takes and if it works.

Sorry

I ask too much, I know

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.