Big wins for casuals! Dual Spec - Cross server

Touchbass

finaly flashpoint finder , i have a reason to resub again when it comes out ..

like 5 days left before my sub ends and definetly not resubbing after some fixes and fpfinder

EDIT:

dont be stupid plz ,

i always laugh at these people who say this ...

break comunity lol ...break social aspect ... lmaoLOL

gtf o dude , .. hows spamming in general chat for 30 minutes ... like : ..

Looking for 1 healer and 1 dps for FP ... LFM 1 healer , LFM 1 HEALER ! , LFM 1 healer x 100 ..

hows that social ?? ...

the fact remains , most of us just wanna play this game and not waste time 30 mins - hour , spamming the same message over and over ....

dunno how thats being called social ... sriously it's just a lame excuse , and not even vial

dude.

I think what is meant by the social aspect is grouping with the people on your server, as opposed to people you will probably never group with again, not spamming general.

a lfg que for single server would easily fix the spam.

dude.

Edited by Tic-

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you're right man. I imagined general chat going from chuck norris jokes to dead baby jokes. I imagined group content being nerfed untill it was suitable for ages 5 and up. I imagined need rolls on items that would have been downgrades to the player. I imagined all the FU's and trashtalk I saw in runs. I imagined all the bads I carried.

Correlation does not equal causation.

There is absolutely no evidence to back that up. None. It's all false reality derived from supposition. It's people's imagination making something un-real real. The truth out there is that, by a huge huge margin, most players have a pleasant experience when using the cross-server LFD tool in WoW. There have been countless threads started by people trying to whine about the tool on the WoW forums, and they are consistently an avalanche of responses from people that have good experiences that bury the whine.

Provide this proof.

If lfg spam bugs people so much then the issue is with them.

I do not see how someone posting lfg would illicit any emotion from anyone other then "yay, there is a group getting together for what I want to do."

Edited by Amiracle

Who is forcing other people to play this "Fisher Price MMO" other than themselves? The Hardcore MMOs that you folks are so desperate for still exist, they are just the shriveled husks of what they used to be because it's a formula that doesn't work anymore and has developed an entirely niche community.

MMORPG is a nich genre. People who actually like mmos are desperate for a real mmo. Imagine being a punk rock fan and ever since Green Day got popular, all you have to listen to is bands that sound just like Green Day. Its like that.

How does not having to stand around in Fleet and spam a LFG message dumb down the game? In truth in the end it will improve the game, since more people will be able to experience group content. More people that experience group content makes for a larger pool of better in group players, which allows for more intricate group oriented content to be designed eventually.

It's when access to group oriented play is restricted by unnecessary roadblocks that game play gets dumbed down. Designers have to keep making group oriented content for players that have never learned, or are slowly learning, how to play group oriented content. It's novice content forever.

How does replacing an organic experience in the game world with a fixed one screen menu/lobby system that you just teleport in and out of without ever seeing / speaking to another individual NOT dumb the game down?

You go first :)

Driz

It's not a big win for casuals. It is a big win for everyone. Even people crying about these things will use the tools and it will make the game better for everyone.

I will NOT use Dual Spec and if i am forced to use it in order to be equal I will quit.

I will NOT use a xsvr LFD.

Facts.

Driz

MMORPG is a nich genre. People who actually like mmos are desperate for a real mmo. Imagine being a punk rock fan and ever since Green Day got popular, all you have to listen to is bands that sound just like Green Day. Its like that.

Don't tell me MMORPGs are a niche genre when games like WoW and Rift are still attracting millions of players. And no matter what you say, SWTOR is an MMORPG. It may nor fit your specific definition and standards, but:

Massive: Check.

Multiplayer: Check.

Online: Check.

RPG: Check.

Sounds right to me.

How does replacing an organic experience in the game world with a fixed one screen menu/lobby system that you just teleport in and out of without ever seeing / speaking to another individual NOT dumb the game down?

You go first :)

Driz

Cause hes a Green Day fan.

Imagine being addicted to something that sucks, lol..

It's not a big win for casuals. It is a big win for everyone. Even people crying about these things will use the tools and it will make the game better for everyone.

Actually it wont. The issue of not alot of groups doesn't soley rest with no LFG tool.

There is also the issue that there is absolutely no reason to do any group content till you hit 50.

And even then you can skip groups and go into raids if you do dailies and get orange gear and or pvp.

why are some people against things that make the game more convenient? why are things that make the player more efficient getting moaned about.

Oh wait...nevermind. People just come on these forums to moan now lol :p forgot

You Sir are a narrowminded idiot.

It's not convenience to be grouped with trisomics trough such a system.

If the LFD-Tool would stay server-only i would be ok and it would be convenient.

Although with a Cross-Server tool you have no way of preventing complete failers to join your group. You can't banlist them or the other way around if you happen to meet a good player add them to Friendlist.

The result of ppl being grouped with lesser beings is, that content will be nerfed, so every monocellular organism can stomp the content.

It is already starting, ppl can't move out of Fire, lets nerf the Fire...

If you want cross-server LFD and even worse LFR then go back to WoW...

Same goes with Cross-server PvP...

Edited by dondiwayne

Maybe some players' lives are comfortable enough so they don't have to escape to some virtual reality where they are the God-King worshiped among the droves of lesser geared players.

Maybe a "community" doesn't matter to them because they have plenty of social contacts in the real world, you know, the world that matters.

And just maybe these people would rather log on, do a few flashpoints, que for a warzone, craft some items, and log off for the night. All things that can be accomplished in an hour or two.

What is this fascination you people have with spending all of your time logged into a video game? They are hobbies, not alternate egos folks.

Escaping reality does not mean hiding from it! Sure there are some that do it that way, but there are folks out there who just plain enjoy it. Story-tellers and listeners alike.

If you want to pull the world that matters card, I could come up with some retort that those who really believe that the waking world matters dont spend their time in games. Their limited time on this world would be too important to waste.

Thats the problem, *********** idiots like you think the word community means exclusively spamming general.....if you think rthat is what we refer to when talking about community in an MMORPG then this is either your first one, you came from WoW or you a just another "reward me for turnin up" snowflake...so you should just ****.

Driz

dude.

I think what is meant by the social aspect is grouping with the people on your server, as opposed to people you will probably never group with again, not spamming general.

a lfg que for single server would easily fix the spam.

dude.

Resistance is FUTILE ;P .. it's comming , enough with the arguing ....

also to reply to your messages , you dont have to use it when it comes , ... so dont know why you re so against it ??...

seriously ... your only thinking of yourselves ...

as i say again : ... there are people who just wanna play the endgame content .. no bull no waiting ... there are accualy people .. like me who have lives .. oh yes call me a idiot .. but i do .... :p

so if i am the player that wanna log do a few Fp's quik .. wich is nearly impossible on my server as it is atm ...

well ... but i gues no matter what we say about this ... its never good enough ... becouse ..

i say again ...

your only thinking about yourselves ... in some screwed up way ...

Edited by Genesizs

Don't tell me MMORPGs are a niche genre when games like WoW and Rift are still attracting millions of players. And no matter what you say, SWTOR is an MMORPG. It may nor fit your specific definition and standards, but:

Massive: Check.

Multiplayer: Check.

Online: Check.

RPG: Check.

Sounds right to me.

MMORPG is a niche genre just like punk rock is a niche genre.

WoW just happens to be the Green Day of mmos.

This is the reason WoW has still not been dethroned.

Correlation does not equal causation.

*sigh* When people no longer have to worry about being black-listed by people they group with, they feel they can act out. The cross-server queuing system combined with a limited ignore list that didn't always work meant people did not have to worry about being black-listed and not being able to get groups and allowed them to continually be detrimental to both group play and to do whatever they wanted.

why are some people against things that make the game more convenient? why are things that make the player more efficient getting moaned about.

Oh wait...nevermind. People just come on these forums to moan now lol :p forgot[/QUO

Why not have a special quest at leve 1 which rewards you with a token. When you use the token you automatically get levelled to 50 and given full BM gear.

Thats far more efficient and convenient than the way things work now isntit, no?

MMORPGs work on TIME / RISK * REWARD basis.

Single player RPGs and FPS games do not.

Driz

It's not imagination. I had to put up with the dregs of the gaming community because of the cross-server LFG system. It was not fun.

That's an opinion. There were just as many problems with the cross-server LFG system as there were benefits, but that does not mean a majority of people were happy with the groups they got dumped with.

Has it ever crossed your mind that given that the majority have excellent experiences with the cross-server LFD tool, that your bad experiences might have something to do with, well sorry to be frank, but you?

I mean here you are, with others, trying to dictate how everyone else should be playing SWTOR after all. You're opposed to people playing SWTOR different than you would. Is that how you conduct yourself in groups? Everyone has to play your way or it's a "bad experience"? If the majority in a group play different from you it's a "bad experience"?

Sorry, but after a couple of months reading the anti cross server tool rhetoric, I've really started leaning over to the perspective that this is the case. That it's not the tool that's the issue. It's the tools that can't get along in groups unless they're controlling other players, and so don't want to group with strangers that's the issue

MMORPG is a niche genre just like punk rock is a niche genre.

WoW just happens to be the Green Day of mmos.

This is the reason WoW has still not been dethroned.

Everybody would love to have the income the Green Day members have and any game company would love to have the income Blizzard makes/made with WoW.

Both Green Day and WoW suck in my personal view but i would love to make the amount of money those people make with their crap.

Escaping reality does not mean hiding from it! Sure there are some that do it that way, but there are folks out there who just plain enjoy it. Story-tellers and listeners alike.

If you want to pull the world that matters card, I could come up with some retort that those who really believe that the waking world matters dont spend their time in games. Their limited time on this world would be too important to waste.

I enjoy the story of this game, in fact it's one of the reasons I purchased it. I'm not looking down on people who play video games, because I play them myself. Hence why I said video games are hobbies.

As if...

For real.

I am more than happy to put the effort in to roll two toons if I want to so Dual Spec has no interest for me. If I have to use it in order to be equal in game I will quit.

I will never ever use a xsvr LFD.

Facts.

Now prove me wrong or were you just trying to look cool?

Driz

Has it ever crossed your mind that given that the majority have excellent experiences with the cross-server LFD tool, that your bad experiences might have something to do with, well sorry to be frank, but you?

I mean here you are, with others, trying to dictate how everyone else should be playing SWTOR after all. You're opposed to people playing SWTOR different than you would. Is that how you conduct yourself in groups? Everyone has to play your way or it's a "bad experience"? If the majority in a group play different from you it's a "bad experience"?

Sorry, but after a couple of months reading the anti cross server tool rhetoric, I've really started leaning over to the perspective that this is the case. That it's not the tool that's the issue. It's the tools that can't get along in groups unless they're controlling other players, and so don't want to group with strangers that's the issue

THIS ... pretty much

Why not have a special quest at leve 1 which rewards you with a token. When you use the token you automatically get levelled to 50 and given full BM gear.

Thats far more efficient and convenient than the way things work now isntit, no?

MMORPGs work on TIME / RISK * REWARD basis.

Single player RPGs and FPS games do not.

Driz

Sorry but this is a terrible post and not at all comparable to what people are talking about. You should delete it because you embarrassed yourself.

Everybody would love to have the income the Green Day members have and any game company would love to have the income Blizzard makes/made with WoW.

Both Green Day and WoW suck in my personal view but i would love to make the amount of money those people make with their crap.

This is exactly why I think the next game developer who makes an outstanding MMO will be a developer with lower expectations than conquering the entire video game market.