Incoming changes to global cooldown UI Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This x1,000

Seriously, with all the bugs and non-functional issues in the game at present, this is what you are using development time on ?? Really??

-Currently have 3 alts that I can't complete PVP Daily because it won't credit quest when I do win a wz (which on Rep side is some feat)

-I have to log on and off a dozen times to get Underworld Trading metal missions instead of the companion gifts that keep popping up in abundance.

-My target keeps changing in pvp and pve even with the auto-target enemy clicked off

-Companions constantly break cc targets (yes aoe is off, only single target)

-etc...

Need to recruit some people who actually play the game and have to deal with these type of things so that priorities can be established.

patch 1.2

quit QQing

This x1,000

Seriously, with all the bugs and non-functional issues in the game at present, this is what you are using development time on ?? Really??

-Currently have 3 alts that I can't complete PVP Daily because it won't credit quest when I do win a wz (which on Rep side is some feat)

-I have to log on and off a dozen times to get Underworld Trading metal missions instead of the companion gifts that keep popping up in abundance.

-My target keeps changing in pvp and pve even with the auto-target enemy clicked off

-etc...

Need to recruit some people who actually play the game and have to deal with these type of things so that priorities can be established.

Please allow me to highlight you on MMO development:

• Team 1 is specialized in developing bugs
  • Team 2 is dedicated to finding bugs and report them
  • Team 3 eats popcorn while browsing the forums
  • Team 4 cashes in $$$ while attending to boring meetings

You certainly don't want teams to take other's tasks as it could end in:

1. Team 2 not having any bugs to work upon would loose their job and get /divorced
  2. Team 1 would end fat with serious health issues eating all the porcorn making a fool out of you while in the meaning time
  3. Team 4 would start trying to figure out how to edit a single line in the database messing even more things submitting their "code" to the source control system
  4. Team 3 would all end crazy spending all their money on illicit things you should not be spending them being spoiled by a so high raise.
  5. ..too late you fired team 2 they are already expatriated in China eating noodles with chopsticks without internet access.

See, simple ;)

Edited by Deewe

Please allow me to highlight you on MMO development:

• Team 1 is specialized in developing bugs
  • Team 2 is dedicated to finding bugs and report them
  • Team 3 eats popcorn while browsing the forums
  • Team 4 cashes in $$$ while attending to boring meetings

You certainly don't want teams to take other's tasks as it could end in:

• Team 2 not having any bugs to work upon would loose their job and get /divorced
  • Team 1 would end fat with serious health issues eating all the porcorn making a fool out of you while in the meaning time
  • Team 4 would start trying to figure out how to edit a single line in the database messing even more things submitting their "code" to the source control system
  • Team 3 would all end crazy spending all their money on illicit things you should not be spending them being spoiled by a so high raise.

See, simple ;)

LOL

Having spent career in medium to large corporations, can validate above 100%.

Like the ability to Disable RED ERROR TEXT from middle of screen with the upcomming UI updates.

Move RED ERROR TEXT to different part of screen and reduce the lines of space it takes up on the screen. This would be my secound choice.

Something needs to be done with this problem with upcomming UI updates please.

Thanks

Again....

FIX OPERATIVE.

Lethality = useless/broken

4 of our 6 pvp gear sets = useless/broken

9 of our abilities = useless/broken

Nobody should give a **** about global cooldown UI when one of the classes in the game is unplayable.

This x1,000

-etc...

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent-they-fixed-this-bug/

Did anyone mention that abilities you need to select and target like targetable aoe could benefit a bit on that global cooldown changes?

Because now it is like an extra cooldown, because you cannot select or activate that kinda skill before gcd is off, contrary to other skills that go in que.

Did anyone mention that abilities you need to select and target like targetable aoe could benefit a bit on that global cooldown changes?

Because now it is like an extra cooldown, because you cannot select or activate that kinda skill before gcd is off, contrary to other skills that go in que.

Same as every other MMO. It's the manual target AoE tax. Stick to single target if it's a problem. On the plus side, every broken DPS counter out there will imagine that your DPS is HUGE if you actually manage to hit more than 1 thing with your AoE ability.

Edited by Sirfuzzy

Or better yet just get rid of the global cool down and let the ability cooldowns and resource management dictate when we can use a skill. Really does there need to be a third binding component?

Someone should explain to developers that more complicated does not equal better.

Or better yet just get rid of the global cool down and let the ability cooldowns and resource management dictate when we can use a skill. Really does there need to be a third binding component?

Someone should explain to developers that more complicated does not equal better.

there has to be some form of gcd tbh, otherwise you would be able to fire off every offensive ability you have instantly, most games have some form of internal gating for offensive abilities, especially games with a high ammount of abilities, people complain about too high burst in pvp with a gcd it would be far worse without one

Edited by Dafroog

I appreciate you all taking the time to look into items that you are receiving feedback on; however, I would like to mention that if you would open the UI to third party modifications then you could spend more of your time working on the core game structure. There is a solid UI base that will support casual players. For those wanting/needing items for a specific reason (pvp, healing, threat, etc) the third party writers will roll this stuff out in force.

Thanks,

I appreciate you all taking the time to look into items that you are receiving feedback on; however, I would like to mention that if you would open the UI to third party modifications then you could spend more of your time working on the core game structure. There is a solid UI base that will support casual players. For those wanting/needing items for a specific reason (pvp, healing, threat, etc) the third party writers will roll this stuff out in force.

Thanks,

This.

How long will it take for BioWare to put numerical cooldown inidcators instead of the ****** cascading line that is hard to tell if the CD is at 10 seconds or 1 second.

This.

How long will it take for BioWare to put numerical cooldown inidcators instead of the ****** cascading line that is hard to tell if the CD is at 10 seconds or 1 second.

Didnt really read the blog did you? Numerical cooldown counters are right there in the blog.