Official Q&A Thread for February 17th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havent received any social points since i was low lvl. I currently have 350 (or so) social points on my main lvl 50 toon that i run fps, and hc q's on a lot. Will there be a way to reimburse players with things like this that they have not received?? i dont really want to grind for social points!!

When will the several bugged talents like Medical Therapy for Medic Operatives not working at least for HoTs or Lethal Dose only working for damaging abilities get fixed and when will it finally become a priority to fix something broken over tuning something (like nerfing Operative burst or Surge) a little bit?

My question revolves around what I asked last week. Is there plans in place to vastly improve the space content? I like the current content as a "mini-game", but it lacks the depth that I know Bioware could add to the game, only by putting the same TLC they did in their ground content.

Given the graphical potential of the games already interesting stylised engine, I was wondering if you guys have any plans or perhaps could possibly impliament in the future more custom saber and beam effects. Example's:

- Lightning shimmering around a light saber

- Turning a beam into a series of ring waves

In essense, giving our crystals more colourful effects aswell as just giving them colour.

Everytime my companion returns from a crafting mission, it negatively impacts my gameplay, especially if I'm in combat at the time. Is this something that will take months of unravelling code to fix, is it being worked on, or was it intended to work like that?

Thank you for reading my question.

I see many people crying out for a better support staff in-game and on the forums and many dislike the generic responses (my friend being one of those people).

So my question is:

Will there be better in-game and forum support?

Seeing a Dev post in your thread or acknowledge it is one of the most hopeful things you can see on a forum; As well as talking to a REAL person in-game is much better than "It will be fixed in the next patch".

Love the game and everything about it! You can do it Bioware! :D

Like previously posted,when are we getting looking for group tool? As a casual player I do not have the time to stand about shouting in chat and have not managed to do a flashpoint yet a lfg tool could fix that and let me experience more content.

I've read a yellow stating that Character transfers from one realm to another are in the works, but still a bit off.

Now I'd like to know how they will interact with the Legacy system. More specifically:

Are there plans to make it matter, at any point, cosmetically or functionally, which character "started" the Legacy? Will we get a Family tree or some other graphical representation of our characters, where the first one to finish Act I on this server will be presented differently or something?

More explanations about this question and why I ask it:

I assume that:

- all Legacy XP will stay on the server it was earned.

- Legacy names will stay unique, meaning if I move my level 50 to a fresh server and my Legacy's name is already in use there, I'll need to change it.

- if I move a character with a Legacy to a server where I already have a Legacy, the character will now be part of the destination server's Legacy, losing his former Legacy name and bonusses.

I'm curious about:

- What happens if I move a character with a Legacy to a server where I don't yet have a Legacy?

- What happens if I unlock a Legacy on a server, then delete all my characters on this server? Will the Legacy be deleted or will the next level-1 I create still be part of the former Legacy?

- What happens if I unlock a Legacy on a server, then transfer all my characters off this server? Will the Legacy be deleted or will the next level-1 I create still be part of the former Legacy?

And most importantly:

- Are there plans to make it matter, at any point, cosmetically or functionally, which character "started" the Legacy? Will we get a Family tree or some other graphical representation of our characters, where the first one to finish Act I on this server will be presented differently or something?

I ask all of this because, sadly, my first character, a 43 Powertech I am madly in gamer-love with, is on a dead server. He's got a hard-to-find orange belt, has completed 2 acts, one companion is at 10k affection, the crew skills are almost maxed, etc.

I want to move him to a different server, where you can find groups to do Flashpoints with, where lots of RP things are happening and where the GTM contains more than tumbleweed.

But I also want to keep the Legacy name, as it is integral to this character, and I want to make sure nobody "snatches" it away from me.

I've already started another character on my "preferred destination" server and am having a lot of fun with that one, but now I've gotten worried. What if I unlock the Legacy on the new char, reserve the name I want, but then find out later, after the transfer, that I just shot myself in the knee by having not my main, but an alt start the Legacy?

I'd rather pay a reasonable amount of money for a server transfer than level the exact same character to level 43 again. But I'd rather level the exact same character to level 43 again than have my Alt appear as the founder of my legacy.

Edited by TerrorTigr

Not so long ago was said about merge servers with low populations,how soon it will be done ? Because number of servers often do not correspond with the number of players,and at my server i have permanent trouble with just finding players for heroics for example. (

Tnx in advance.

Any chance the number of Characters allowed per server will go up or allowing Legacies to span more then one server? I like having one of each Advanced Class, so right now that means being on two servers and leveling two Legacies. I know the Legacy system is still in development but it would be great to have all my characters under the same banner.

Any plans to add some form of bind point inside our ships,so those of us that do not find empty rooms and loading screens "immersive" have a chance to bypass all the tedium?

In other words ..streamlining travel a bit??

Oh and p.s:

Any hints on when the sith sorcerer companion Xalek will get his shield-and absorbsion rating bug fixed? he is currently unusable as a tank companion....

Edited by Agobi

You keep telling us all the great things that will be coming in 1.2 and beyond, which is great, except for the fact you never give us a time frame WHEN these changes will come about. I understand that being in development you cannot guarantee release dates. But it would be nice to be told estimates. Will 1.2 be released by the end of February, or by the end of 2012? You only keep say it is coming soon. But you know as well as I know that 'Coming Soon' can easily mean weeks, months, or longer.

It would be nice to give us at least approximate upgrade release dates for us to pin our hopes on.

Are there any plans for a solo content where You can involve more than 1 companion at the same time? Something like a flashpoint designed for a player + 3 companions or special missions? Currently it feels a little odd that having 6 of them on my ship only 1 can get out for some action ;p