Episode 1 3D movie release.

VanillaXpC

I know it was released last night, but at my local theater (Tempe Marketplace in Arizona) quite a few people dressed up as Stormtroopers, Jedi, Moff's, etc. It was really cool and I thought I would share the one picture I managed to take before they cut me down in my prime. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/YQxIj.jpg

Jealous! No one was dressed up at my theater.. I went tonight with my mom and it was a blast! Can't wait for the rest of them to re-release!

I'm looking forward to seeing the fight with Darth Maul at the end of the movie in 3-D.

For those who have seen it already, how was the Pod Racing scenes? I was not impressed by them on the original or even on the Blu-Ray release, but I've heard that they are the high point of the 3-D version. What did you think?

does anyone know when it will be released in Europe, or has it already?

It hasn't hit the cinemas in my home country anyway.

Its out in the UK. Not sure if I will go and see it though just for 3d effects. The only thing I would want to see is the final fight with darth maul.

Those few there in the picture aren't all, right behind me in the picture there was an entire brigade of Jedi (10-15 random kids dressed as Jedi with lightsabers and all).

My favorite though was a kid with a Jedi robe...and khaki shorts on under the open front robes.