"Stuns, oh isn't it wild?"

NevetzVess

This game's pvp is only based on fking stuns. Pvping versus imperials is a nonsense when you are facing warrior, sorcerer and operative at same time. Awe, force chocke, insta-30 meters sorcerers stuns, operative pro-ness... i see only this thing in lvl 50 wzs. And don't fking say "resolve bar" cause takes 4 stuns to stack and when it triggers everybody around has already used all the stuns = useless.

Pvp is fun. Doing nothing but keeping getting 4k crtis from PRoperatives when ur character is laying on the floor like he's having nightmare is not.

yes, I had enought of this.

Edited by NevetzVess

This game's pvp is only based on fking stuns. Pvping versus imperials is a nonsense when you are facing warrior, sorcerer and operative at same time. Awe, force chocke, insta-30 meters sorcerers stuns, operative pro-ness... i see only this thing in lvl 50 wzs. And don't fking say "resolve bar" cause takes 4 stuns to stack and when it triggers everybody around has already used all the stuns = useless.

Pvp is fun. Doing nothing but keeping getting 4k crtis from PRoperatives when ur character is laying on the floor like he's having nightmare is not.

Stop complaining, this is the best PvP design team in the world, just ask them...I mean look at Warhammer!

2x 4sec stun for resolve bar to fill.. break stun on the 2nd and ur good... and if they focus on CCing/stunning you, i assume you got competent allies who can kill em while they do this.. if this is a 3v1 situation, do you really expect to come out on top? Edited by Jadeor

translated = "I should be able to survive a 3v1 even with the enemies blowing all their cc's on me!!!!"

Lol, Warhammer RVR was infinitely better than Illum.

I swear the devs never even looked at DAOC when they designed the game. Give us Realm Abilities like Determination to lower stun times, give us a lower cooldown on purge...ffs DAOC is 11 years old and has better pvp

2x 4sec stun for resolve bar to fill.. break stun on the 2nd and ur good... and if they focus on CCing/stunning you, i assume you got competent allies who can kill em while they do this.. if this is a 3v1 situation, do you really expect to come out on top?

3-4 vs 1 sure you are gonne die, but the OP has a point. This pvp system is solely based on stuns, knockbacks and snares. Today in 1 match i got hit twice in a row with blinding, which lasts the full duration each time, seeing as I already used my Anti CC and my resolve bar wasn't full thats a bit much.

Knockbacks, 3-4 times in a row, even with a full resolve bar, happens each time. Resolve doesnt stop it after all.

So many unbalanced CC in this pvp its stupid, it needs to be looked at. Simple as that. Add Diminishing returns on players and CC skills and combine that with resolve.

No i agree. I'll say this, I've seen more strange things lately in PvP and and beyond my hatred of the "Run in circles and backstab" tactic (and I hate it because if it's absurdity, not it's effectiveness) but it honestly, Sorcerers have an absurd about of stuns, self healing, knockback and ABSURD damage with lightning. Where's the weakness?

Operatives are pretty much the same, just add in insane range damage, and invisibility.

I can't say smugglers aren't different and Bounty hunters are just doing so much damage.

I'd say that the Devs have overlooked Sentinel abilities. They don't heal at all, they have one true stun, they have no knockback (why does the tank knight have a knockback and the squishy knight have none?? Isn't that backward?) and as much damage as they do, they don't ever seem to do as much as most Sith Warrirors even on their best day.

I'm sorry but there is NO balance to PvP and on certain days when it's 5 sorcerers and three operatives against the Republic, you may as well pack it in because they will simply farm you and if you're a medium armored or light armored player, they'll kill you first and keep killing you over and over because you're worth the same points as a heavily armored self-healing tank.

I have no thoughts on changes and I have seen some things recently i wonder may be exploits but can not confirm. Take it as you will, and though i have fun sometimes, I see PvP as weighted badly.

-Xeco

Yeah... you guys really haven't experienced PvP stunlocking.

In the game I came from (LOTRO), a Burglar could stun you for ~10s out of stealth every time. If they used skills with a 5 minute cooldown, that number became 20+ seconds. I had a heavy armor class built for massive amounts of health and armor, and I came out of a stunlock from a good burg at ~10% health, if I was lucky.

Other classes had lots of mezzes, or AoE 5s stuns, or critical-proc stuns for 7s, etc. etc. Here, most classes have a 45s stun, and then some have an additional 2s stun. There's still enough CC to be fun, but it's definitely not game-breaking.

The CC DR system in this game is the best I've ever seen. If you hit 1k resolve, you're immune. For stuns, each 1s of stun is 200 resolve. For mezzes, each 1s of mez is 100 resolve. So if you get stunned for 5s, you will be immune for plenty of time to kill your opponent.

That's incredible. And since every class has a stun break on a short cooldown (anything under 5 minutes is short in my book), that's even better. Get stunned for 4s, break it, and they get one more stun on you before you're immune. If you can die in one stun in a 1v1, they would have destroyed you without stuns anyways, because your gear sucks.

translated = "I should be able to survive a 3v1 even with the enemies blowing all their cc's on me!!!!"

translation = as tank shadow, I can active my long defense CDs to escape or something. also i didn't write "3 vs 1 and nobody around", I meant 3 ppl attacking you at the same time aka what usually happens attacking a turret on civil war, trying to plant a charge not "ninjing" on voidstar, and carrying the huttball.

Edited by NevetzVess

trying being a healer, you never get anywhere once people recognize you heal. stunned into oblivion and since root and snare ignore the resolve bar, you usually dont get to move more than 2 feet. yah GG, The only problem with resolve is the fact roots don't count.

The CC DR system in this game is the best I've ever seen but all I've played is lotr. If you hit 1k resolve, you're immune. For stuns, each 1s of stun is 200 resolve. For mezzes, each 1s of mez is 100 resolve. So if you get stunned for 5s, you will be immune for plenty of time to kill your opponent. Which would be sweet if it worked but it doesn't so everything I just typed is worthless.

I fixed that as best I could.

trying being a healer, you never get anywhere once people recognize you heal. stunned into oblivion and since root and snare ignore the resolve bar, you usually dont get to move more than 2 feet. yah GG, The only problem with resolve is the fact roots don't count.

Thing is other healers do fine so what conclusion might that lead one to make?

The core mechanics are terrible, the designers need to realise that frustration does not under ANY circumstances = challenge.

To change it though means they must admit that they are wrong, in other words it'll never change.

Edited by SWaotc

If you can die in one stun in a 1v1, they would have destroyed you without stuns anyways, because your gear sucks.

i have 12+% expertise and I can get stunlocked 1v1 vs an op. Not to mention interrupts. Basically, the best classes in the game for pvp are the ones with the most CC/interrupts. Sorc, Assassin, Ops. Those 3 are all that are needed.

Thing is other healers do fine so what conclusion might that lead one to make?

The opsleader didn't mark the healers? I don't know about you, but when i see a healer, they get marked. and If im premade, we all know to go for that mark first. Healers vs. any team worth a spit will eliminate a healer in short order and make them sit behind forcefield while we dispatch the rest. Basically becomes a game of who can kill the other team's healers first. Or who's healers can hide the best before getting marked.

No i agree. I'll say this, I've seen more strange things lately in PvP and and beyond my hatred of the "Run in circles and backstab" tactic (and I hate it because if it's absurdity, not it's effectiveness) but it honestly, Sorcerers have an absurd about of stuns, self healing, knockback and ABSURD damage with lightning. Where's the weakness?

Operatives are pretty much the same, just add in insane range damage, and invisibility.

I can't say smugglers aren't different and Bounty hunters are just doing so much damage.

I'd say that the Devs have overlooked Sentinel abilities. They don't heal at all, they have one true stun, they have no knockback (why does the tank knight have a knockback and the squishy knight have none?? Isn't that backward?) and as much damage as they do, they don't ever seem to do as much as most Sith Warrirors even on their best day.

I'm sorry but there is NO balance to PvP and on certain days when it's 5 sorcerers and three operatives against the Republic, you may as well pack it in because they will simply farm you and if you're a medium armored or light armored player, they'll kill you first and keep killing you over and over because you're worth the same points as a heavily armored self-healing tank.

I have no thoughts on changes and I have seen some things recently i wonder may be exploits but can not confirm. Take it as you will, and though i have fun sometimes, I see PvP as weighted badly.

-Xeco

Clearly you are not playing SWTOR...

Because in SWTOR, Operative is one of the weakest classes in the game.

Edited by Howbadisbad

In the game I came from (LOTRO), a Burglar could stun you for ~10s out of stealth every time. If they used skills with a 5 minute cooldown, that number became 20+ seconds. I had a heavy armor class built for massive amounts of health and armor, and I came out of a stunlock from a good burg at ~10% health, if I was lucky.

Other classes had lots of mezzes, or AoE 5s stuns, or critical-proc stuns for 7s, etc. etc. Here, most classes have a 45s stun, and then some have an additional 2s stun. There's still enough CC to be fun, but it's definitely not game-breaking.

The CC DR system in this game is the best I've ever seen. If you hit 1k resolve, you're immune. For stuns, each 1s of stun is 200 resolve. For mezzes, each 1s of mez is 100 resolve. So if you get stunned for 5s, you will be immune for plenty of time to kill your opponent.

That's incredible. And since every class has a stun break on a short cooldown (anything under 5 minutes is short in my book), that's even better. Get stunned for 4s, break it, and they get one more stun on you before you're immune. If you can die in one stun in a 1v1, they would have destroyed you without stuns anyways, because your gear sucks.

And that, among other reasons, is why LOTRO is free to play. No one likes paying for a game they can't even play because they spend over half of their time in warzones stunned/rooted/incapacitated/snared/all of the above.

There's too much control in this game and Resolve doesn't do enough. I don't really understand the developers thought process here:

Warhammer: Let's make sure everyone has a TON of CC. That'll be fun!

Result: No one liked it. CC was finally hammered into the ground.

Rift: We've learned from Warhammer's mistakes. Let's make sure everyone has a TON of CC!

Result: No One liked it. CC was finally hammered into the ground.

SWTOR: Okay okay. This time, we've got it. Get ready. Let's give EVERY CLASS a TON of CC!

Result: Any predictions???

Edited by McVade

There's too much control in this game and Resolve doesn't do enough. I don't really understand the developers thought process here:

Warhammer: Let's make sure everyone has a TON of CC. That'll be fun!

Result: No one liked it. CC was finally hammered into the ground.

Rift: We've learned from Warhammer's mistakes. Let's make sure everyone has a TON of CC!

Result: No One liked it. CC was finally hammered into the ground.

SWTOR: Okay okay. This time, we've got it. Get ready. Let's give EVERY CLASS a TON of CC!

Result: Any predictions???

The issue will be resolved

3-4 vs 1 sure you are gonne die, but the OP has a point. This pvp system is solely based on stuns, knockbacks and snares. Today in 1 match i got hit twice in a row with blinding, which lasts the full duration each time, seeing as I already used my Anti CC and my resolve bar wasn't full thats a bit much.

Knockbacks, 3-4 times in a row, even with a full resolve bar, happens each time. Resolve doesnt stop it after all.

So many unbalanced CC in this pvp its stupid, it needs to be looked at. Simple as that. Add Diminishing returns on players and CC skills and combine that with resolve.

You do realize that certain shields negate knockbacks entirely right? Ever see a sorc run threw fire, take no damage, have 2-3 BH's on him trying to knock him back and he just runs into the goal line laughing?

And resolve does stop a knockback. To think otherwise you weren't paying close enough attention to your bar when you got hit. But, if knockbacks are a huge problem, then they need to look at the grappling and charging as well.

Gotta love Huttball when all you see are flying people getting grappled or charging.

What are you talking about? That Burg and your Guard(?) will never PvP against each other because there is no way for it to happen. You could spar, but that's not the same. LotRO has no class balance because the classes CANNOT PvP against each other!

And that, among other reasons, is why LOTRO is free to play. No one likes paying for a game they can't even play because they spend over half of their time in warzones stunned/rooted/incapacitated/snared/all of the above.

There are no WZ equivalents in LotRO. There is one "PvP" area (read map/planet/whatever) where the PvE classes compete against PvP-only, non-leveling-progression, "Monster Player" classes. It is not and never has been a game about PvP. Hence, my usage of air quotes.