Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

EA stocks plummetting (Hit below 52 week low today!!)

MadCuzBad

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the link, PJ ... It'll tell you all you need to know.

Also, the MacQuarrie downgrade is just that - the advice of one analyst. I'd urge you to be wary of the advice of analysts. I mean, the whole global financial collapse thing they didn;t see coming kind of puts them in a dim light at the moment.

You actually believe them when they tell you they had no idea it was coming? They were completly blindsided they say? No seriously really?

Limited visibility on a game that's already sold more than 2 million copies and has not even released in every global market. Next "analyst," please lol.

Analyst? No bro thats what the investor who just pulled all their money out of this company had to say. Thats not to be taken lighly from a profit standpoint.

Limited visibility on a game that's already sold more than 2 million copies and has not even released in every global market. Next "analyst," please lol.

Well when you go from being one of the biggest supporters to not, that is telling.

I got to love the folks that quote positive assessments and then downplay negative ones. I invest for a living, which is why I am on these boards all the time. ;) Analysts matter. They can drive stocks, as evidenced by today's action.

Wow!!

The stock crept below its 52 week low today.

This is not what investors had hoped to see on the heels of the biggest game release of the year.

Not good, hope things change here.

http://investor.ea.com/stockquote.cfm

The price keeps going up and down !!

I am not sure if I am supposed to hate the game or like it, when will it stabile so I will know !!!!!!

This is like a roller-coaster of emotion for me ...

wow you talk about stupid this poster has lose his mind Greece really that's what you site as EA poor stock showing O man saw this and laugh my head off

No, I said a lot of stocks are dropping today because of Greece which is fact...

Edited by Notannos
insults

I think this CHART is probably more illustrative

You can see there's definitely some underperformance starting in mid-Dec right before game launch. To deny that SWTOR's launch and subsequent performance had ANYTHING to do with the stock's relative underperformance is silly. That being said, just because investors have been more cautious on the name post-SWTOR, doesn't mean the game = fail.

to neutral from outperfoming.

So.

Neutral = Sell in the analyst community.

Analysts will rarely tag a stock with a sell because you just never know when you might have a shot at landing that company as an investment banking client and you don't want to hurt that potential with a 'sell'.

Well when you go from being one of the biggest supporters to not, that is telling.

I got to love the folks that quote positive assessments and then downplay negative ones. I invest for a living, which is why I am on these boards all the time. ;) Analysts matter. They can drive stocks, as evidenced by today's action.

Gotta love posters like you and Mascuzbad...that love to quote negative assessments and then downplay positive ones...

See how that works?

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

Are people really this dumb?

Stocks go up and down all the time for ALL companies for all sorts of reasons, I like how some of these Einsteins seem to think EA stock is tied exclusively to SWTOR lol..

Right now with the issues in Greece almost all stocks today are dropping... Please stop making posts like this, I'm embarrassed for you..

This^.

Goota love posters like you and Mascuzbad...that love to quote negative assessments and then downplay positive ones...

See how that works?

Driz

Go look at my posts the day they released earnings citing the 'strong numbers'. I call it as I see it. Both good and bad. Unfortunately people like you only focus on the bad. Don't lump me in with the "I hate everything about this game' crowd because I do not hate the game. I have an ability to be objective which it seems quite a lot around here lack.

Analyst? No bro thats what the investor who just pulled all their money out of this company had to say. Thats not to be taken lighly from a profit standpoint.

yea no that is not what happened. And since the "news" broke the stock has rose steadily. Would not be surprised to see it rebound to above opening prices then see a small sell off to about the opening price

Some people should simply avoid things like stock statements, quarterly releases, the wall street journal, and other things intended for a more financial savvy audience.

So EA's stock did not dip below its 52 week low today? Yes or no? Your confusing me with your awsomeness.

Go look at my posts the day they released earnings citing the 'strong numbers'. I call it as I see it. Both good and bad. Unfortunately people like you only focus on the bad. Don't lump me in with the "I hate everything about this game' crowd because I do not hate the game. I have an ability to be objective which it seems quite a lot around here lack.

I'm objective enough to thoroughly enjoy the game despite it's flaws...I am happy to wait for things to be fixed. I do not claim credit where it is not due. I am not what you guys label a "fanboy".

The difference is I do not trawl finance/news sites on a daily basis grasping at anything that I can spin as "doom and gloom" for SWTOR.

Also it is not considered objective when someone cherry picks sensationalist facts and makes ill founded conclusions that they are not informed enough to make, but still tries to paint them as fact in the eyes of the world.

I do not think the word objective means what you think it does :)

Driz

People keep saying swtor was the biggest game release of 2011, I dont know where they get that from.

http://www.gamesradar.com/top-10-best-selling-games-2011-worldwide-includes-tons-warfare-and-dancing/

In the spectrum of things, the swtor release was 'so so' in terms of sales, granted it didnt have a year to accumulate great sales, however MMO sales (more than other games) are very strong early on and then tapper off very quickly (where as people are still picking up copies of God of War II a years after it was released).

SWTOR was a good MMO release by western standards. It beat Warhammer and other western games. It is by no means the biggest recent release. Aion in asia released amazingly well and within its first year 'grew' to 3.5 million players.

SWTOR had some good initial sales, but so far its following the pretty standard far for western MMOS

Large Promises

Great Sales

Expectations not met

Mass exodus.

I'm objective enough to thoroughly enjoy the game despite it's flaws...I am happy to wait for things to be fixed. I do not claim credit where it is not due. I am not what you guys label a "fanboy".

The difference is I do not trawl finance/news sites on a daily basis grasping at anything that I can spin as "doom and gloom" for SWTOR.

Also it is not considered objective when someone cherry picks sensationalist facts and makes ill founded conclusions that they are not informed enough to make, but still tries to paint them as fact in the eyes of the world.

I do not think the word objective means what you think it does :)

Driz

The only fact I am citing is a downgrade from Macquarie. Like it or not that is a fact.

I am done here. This crowd is absolutely ridiculous. Objective conversation is impossible on these boards. I have said this before and will unfortunately say it again. This 'community' will kill this game.

The only fact I am citing is a downgrade from Macquarie. Like it or not that is a fact.

I am done here. This crowd is absolutely ridiculous. Objective conversation is impossible on these boards. I have said this before and will unfortunately say it again. This 'community' will kill this game.

I 100% agree

So EA's stock did not dip below its 52 week low today? Yes or no? Your confusing me with your awsomeness.

If you want to continue to be a champion of your own inability to interpret stock trends, who am I to stop you.

Please, continue to chew on your foot, sorry I interfered with your snack.