The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So Nerf to Surge will make the most OP class even stronger!!!!

shahmat

Alacrity will be useful and is useful (especially on long casts where it scales up). Noone is forcing you to spam one button and only wait for procs. You are just a dime a dozen player that does it.

Add to that sorc/sage is the least dependent AC on crit/surge in this game. Everyone else either has to stack a ton of accuracy or is more dependent on the stat then you.

So after the patch you get a stat that helps you, while others get stats that are useless.

Every class in this game minus sorc/sage just got nerfed. It isn't hard to figure out. Btw your heal gets shorter with haste as well. Then again you probably don't heal yourself either.

If you take Sith Efficacy and aren't spamming Force Lightning in between procs you are doing it wrong.

Infinite Force pool > anything else.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to tell you this but anyone not stacking haste/alacrity on any caster in any MMO?

Is an idiot. The faster you cast your channel the more procs you get. Dots tick faster.

Oh yeah...heals cast faster as well. Since they are the only hybrid that can offheal worth a damn? Yeah...

Actually this is wrong.

Alacrity has very minor effect on heals, because it only effects casted and channeled heals.

For a sorc/sage for instance, half of our heals are instant cast and get zero bonsu from alacrity. It makes more sense to stack crit and surge so all our heals will effect it.

So as Surge gets a nerf my Scrapper damage goes down again after already being nerfed?

Meanwhile the most powerful class in the game hands down is getting a buff?

Sorcerers stack crit/surge like all dps classes.

Alacrity Rating functions like haste in other MMOs and decreases the activation time of our abilities. Alacrity has a few caveats, however. Cast time and channeled abilities who's modified cast time drops below 1.5 second will have a GCD equal to their modified cast time. Instant abilities and casted abilities with a cast time over 1.5 seconds will have a 1.5 second GCD. Alacrity scales better than linearly, but the DR curve overrides this. Alacrity also increases resource consumption per time (without increasing regen), dropping resource efficiency. Alacrity is generally a weak stat for Madness.

Critical Rating increases our chance to score a critical strike for extra damage (typically +50%, increased by Surge). Due to Lightning Barrage and bonus Surge granted from talents, Crit is a rather powerful stat for Madness.

Surge Rating increases the bonus critical damage beyond the base 150%. Surge's benefit is dependent on your crit chance and thus its value will increase proportionally to our crit chance. Due to high base crit chance, Surge is generally quite powerful for Madness.

As a hybrid specced sorcerer that tops the charts in almost every single warzone I almost never use any thing with a cast time. Crushing darkness has a cast time but I rarely use because of its cast time. Chain lightning is made instant cast by wrath which is the whole point of the hybrid spec. Force lightning has no cast time but is channeled.

Edited by Rhazesx

You don't understand the mechanics of the class, you have no idea why people use the hybrid spec and you didn't bother to read the pages on sithwarrior.com. that clearly explains that alacrity is almost useless for madness and hybrid specs. Sithwarrior.com is like arenajunkies for WoW.

Oh I understand it perfectly it is a dumbed down shadow priest. I also understand that when 3-4 people are standing together I can hit them all with an aoe spell instead of waiting for a instant proc by casting it.

See...you probably have nuke with dot, aoe, lowest dmg nuke (that procs) all on one key by use of something like autohotkey. This is why you would not like haste...

Probably also never heal yourself. But yeah such a complex class and one I played when WoW first came out, except it is so dumbed down you don't have to shift in and out of shadow to heal...

SO COMPLEX. A class easier then classes when they didn't have gaming mouses and this autohotkey BS. But yeah. SUPER COMPEX CLASS BRAH. Priority systems on 1 key = hard.

The class is a joke and nowhere near as complex as any current caster class in WoW (which are all easy as well). The melee on the other hand in this game? Sentinel/marauder is harder then any melee in WoW. Still easy to play and absolutely slaughter people as bad as you in this game though...

Alacrity will be useful and is useful (especially on long casts where it scales up). Noone is forcing you to spam one button and only wait for procs. You are just a dime a dozen player that does it.

Add to that sorc/sage is the least dependent AC on crit/surge in this game. Everyone else either has to stack a ton of accuracy or is more dependent on the stat then you.

So after the patch you get a stat that helps you, while others get stats that are useless.

Every class in this game minus sorc/sage just got nerfed. It isn't hard to figure out. Btw your heal gets shorter with haste as well. Then again you probably don't heal yourself either.

Stop talking like you know what you are talking about when you clearly don't.

Alacrity doesn't help Sorcs that much.

It does not make DoT's tick faster.

It's of zero value to Affliction, Shock and other instant cast spells.

It is of very, very minimal benefit to Chain Lightning, Thundering Blast, Crushing Darkness and Force Lightning because those all have cooldowns much longer than the gcd.

And Lightning Strike is a basically bad all around spell that's only worth casting to keep the subversion buff up.

Oh I understand it perfectly it is a dumbed down shadow priest. I also understand that when 3-4 people are standing together I can hit them all with an aoe spell instead of waiting for a instant proc by casting it.

See...you probably have nuke with dot, aoe, lowest dmg nuke (that procs) all on one key by use of something like autohotkey. This is why you would not like haste...

Probably also never heal yourself. But yeah such a complex class and one I played when WoW first came out, except it is so dumbed down you don't have to shift in and out of shadow to heal...

SO COMPLEX. A class easier then classes when they didn't have gaming mouses and this autohotkey BS. But yeah. SUPER COMPEX CLASS BRAH. Priority systems on 1 key = hard.

The class is a joke and nowhere near as complex as any current caster class in WoW (which are all easy as well). The melee on the other hand in this game? Sentinel/marauder is harder then any melee in WoW. Still easy to play and absolutely slaughter people as bad as you in this game though...

lolknoob

lolknoob

What is the matter? Did I ruin the dirty little secret that you baddies all use?

Press dot/s.

Spam lightning.

Press autohotkey macro that presses something like 4 5 6 on your keyboard on procs?

LOL at you idiots claiming this class is hard.

Female avatar/chars on dudes? Check.

Couldn't break 1800 in WoW and kept rerolling FOTM. Check. Hell most of you prob started this game as something other then sage/sorc then rerolled one lol.

Play the second easiest class in this game and pretend like it takes "skill" and "finesse" (LOL)? Check.

You guys are funny. Go post some more complaints about us sent/marauders clownstomping you fools with 3 times the buttons while moving lol.

Add to that? ALL the players I have seen using lagswitches/programs that emulate them in this game? Sorc/sages. Go figure...

Edited by biowareftw

i have said this in other posts but... this whole 5-6k crit that many classes are capable of was never by design. If you go WAY WAY WAY back to when they first spoke about pvp. They spoke alot on how they hated whole 2-3 shot dps mentality. They wanted long drawn out tactical battles that revolved around using right cooldowns at the right time.

Now do to HIGH dps that many classes are putting out this was for most part expected to happen. Because it was never the design of devs to have any class dealing this much damage. While i doubt this is directly related to pvp as all classes are dealing way to much damage was for most part a nerf i personally expected awhile ago... now they just need to nerf damage increase on expertise, and add in a crit reduction on to it instead and we'd have a much better system over all(and healing buff should go as well).

over all i expect many nerfs in coming months... just get use to it, also... sorcs rely heavily on surge i stack that **** like nobodys business!

i have said this in other posts but... this whole 5-6k crit that many classes are capable of was never by design. If you go WAY WAY WAY back to when they first spoke about pvp. They spoke alot on how they hated whole 2-3 shot dps mentality. They wanted long drawn out tactical battles that revolved around using right cooldowns at the right time.

Now do to HIGH dps that many classes are putting out this was for most part expected to happen. Because it was never the design of devs to have any class dealing this much damage. While i doubt this is directly related to pvp as all classes are dealing way to much damage was for most part a nerf i personally expected awhile ago... now they just need to nerf damage increase on expertise, and add in a crit reduction on to it instead and we'd have a much better system over all(and healing buff should go as well).

over all i expect many nerfs in coming months... just get use to it, also... sorcs rely heavily on surge i stack that **** like nobodys business!

That's why there's a 5K damaging medal? :/

^^ about to say the same

Pointless to argue with them. They claim no burst even though they proc instant casts with dots running that = as much burst as any class.

They claim they are squishy, even though a double shield (which will always happen if you are not braindead) = better then tank mitigation.

Just kill these baddies till the next WoW expansion comes out. Obvious at this point the game is a massive failure in PvP and they are just catering to the highest number of subscribers who all rolled FOTM.

Pointless to argue with them. They claim no burst even though they proc instant casts with dots running that = as much burst as any class.

They claim they are squishy, even though a double shield (which will always happen if you are not braindead) = better then tank mitigation.

Just kill these baddies till the next WoW expansion comes out. Obvious at this point the game is a massive failure in PvP and they are just catering to the highest number of subscribers who all rolled FOTM.

The hybrid spec for Sorc is stupid OP. Which since they nerfed the hybrid spec for Shadow they'll be going through all the classes and nerfing their hybrid specs too. Especially since the hybrid specs usually top the charts in Warzones.

It's a nerf to basically everyone, but the DPS Light-Armored Assassins/Shadows got the biggest nerf of it.

juggernauts (and to a lesser degree rage marauders), their smash crit is the lynchpin of their entire damage, that being said they're still able to do up to around 6k on it without proccing anything so...

Edited by Adzzy

The hybrid spec for Sorc is stupid OP. Which since they nerfed the hybrid spec for Shadow they'll be going through all the classes and nerfing their hybrid specs too. Especially since the hybrid specs usually top the charts in Warzones.

I played in it beta bro. I reported it was the most simplified, OP ranged class I have ever played in the game. There was no setup on CC (or cast time), additional CC that you get from hybrid spec is automatic. Additional procs you don't even have to watch for, because you spam that key all the time.

Added to that these idiots who think they are pros all use autohotkey anyways and are really only using 1 button for procs.

What happened when I made threads about the spec? Attacked, harassed, called baddie even when I put up twice the dmg as them on my sage/sorc.

Same crap that happens now. These are all people that sucked on frost mages and ranged in other games where ranged had actual cast times on CC, and dmg abilities.

They actually think they are good now, because of this stupid class. Who spends the most time on this forum? Sage/sorc players. Mostly defending their class and calling everyone bad and stupid. It is a pointless battle. You will never win the QQ war.

Mage keyboard in WoW? Same as the sage/sorc keyboard in SWTOR. At least mages took some skill to play though.

http://wowpriests.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/6xadjc3.jpg

juggernauts (and to a lesser degree rage marauders), their smash crit is the lynchpin of their entire damage, that being said they're still able to do up to around 6k on it without proccing anything so...

That ability still hits for 2-3K without all the buffs. And you at least have the armor/defense specials to stay in a fight more than Shadows/Sins do.

I played in it beta bro. I reported it was the most simplified, OP ranged class I have ever played in the game. There was no setup on CC (or cast time), additional CC that you get from hybrid spec is automatic. Additional procs you don't even have to watch for, because you spam that key all the time.

Added to that these idiots who think they are pros all use autohotkey anyways and are really only using 1 button for procs.

What happened when I made threads about the spec? Attacked, harassed, called baddie even when I put up twice the dmg as them on my sage/sorc.

Same crap that happens now. These are all people that sucked on frost mages and ranged in other games where ranged had actual cast times on CC, and dmg abilities.

They actually think they are good now, because of this stupid class. Who spends the most time on this forum? Sage/sorc players. Mostly defending their class and calling everyone bad and stupid. It is a pointless battle. You will never win the QQ war.

Mage keyboard in WoW? Same as the sage/sorc keyboard in SWTOR. At least mages took some skill to play though.

http://wowpriests.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/6xadjc3.jpg

I thought you were going back to WoW? Please bring your nerdrage to their forums and keep SWTOR's clean.