UI probably out on 21 , what to do until then ?

Feanor_cz

So bw announced that ui change will be out on 21 ( they said 20 , since patching day is tuesday my guess is 21 )

I dare to say that is unacceptable , what are we suppose to do until then ? Are we going to be refound somehow ( hardly ) for not beeing able to play at all or class which we want ( jedi knight , sith warrior etc..)

Today i got an answer on ticker , where was written that devs are reading forums ,and sometimes respond I would like them to write respond to this , as many other players probably would also.

You can fix PvP bug in matter of days but UI problem which makes ppl sick , their characters unplayable etc.. no ?? In matter of 2 days there were about 350 pages in about 4 or 3 thread about this problem.For 2 days almost no respond from bw ... and now two more weeks ?

Pls no trolls on this post , I do understad many of players like it , and I have no problem with it , I don´t as many others. So if you come here to insult us , don´t bother.

Lets make this thread really meanigfull and let show bw that players care !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even though bw obviously don´t.

Edited by Feanor_cz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I suppose you can play another class. The new UI gives me a headache but when I play a Trooper I don't need to look down at the actions bars or at my buffs as much so it is manageable.

Unfortunately if that class is new to you then you'll probably have to watch the bars a lot :(

I suppose you can concentrate on crafting, datacron hunting, or other things that don't require as much combat.

No, we had more than enough votes to understand the general feeling on this issue early on. In fact, after this post I'm going to close this thread for now - the feedback's been excellent and we're taking that into account, but the purpose of this thread has run its course.

Since late Tuesday the development team has worked on some new code to allow you to select from a variety of new options for the global cooldown. I saw a preview of the changes today and while I know everyone's UI choices are individual, I think most people will like the options presented to them. They're very flexible, and the 'flashing' most have described is now able to be turned off, along with many other optional choices. The team has spent today cleaning up and finalizing the code, and after that it'll go into our QA process.

As this code change has come in 'hot' it was unfortunately too late for us to add it to the build being readied for next week's planned patch (1.1.3, which is now available on the Public Test Server - here are the notes). We also want to ensure it's got some solid QA testing on it, as it's a change that will be seen by everyone playing the game. With all that in mind, we're currently expecting the changes to be rolled out with patch 1.1.4, which is tentatively scheduled for deployment in the week beginning Monday 20th. As always, the patch should be on the Public Test Server before that, and when it's available, we encourage everyone to try it out and see the changes made.

Before all that, as we know many of you are interested to see the changes, we're going to give you a sneak preview of those options when the code is finalized and ready to show off. We're working on that now and, fingers crossed, we'll be able to show you something tomorrow.

Edited by Thesseract

I have no idea what you're saying but my sentinel is playable.

Adapt and overcome, until it comes out.

May you have a single bout of migraine.

Learn to adapt and overcome that head bursting pain, with lovely light sensitivity and all attached fun.

See, no one hates the cursed UI more than me, but you lost all credibility when you got all dramatic with that "it's unplayable" nonsense. It's very playable. It's just inconvenient.

Played the game for ~1 hour after patch was released. Started to get a headache. Has never happened to me before (except on rare occasions were I would game like 8 hours straight). I guess I could force myself to play more, test lighting conditions etc. but I'd rather not make myself a guinee pig especially when so many others have posted similar experiences.

Edited by Thesseract

I have no idea what you're saying but my sentinel is playable.

Adapt and overcome, until it comes out.

People should totally adapt to a UI that is causing them Headaches/Migraines and having them become nauseous. Totally...

I am going to complain on their twitter until they either instill a rollback for the meantime ooorrrrr credit me with 10-11 days until it gets fixed.

If they don't credit me with game time... well my game ends it's subscription rotation on the 20th and I don't think I'd bother resubscribing if they choose just to alienate part of their community like this.

The game is in no way unplayable as far as I'm concerned. I am mystified as to what the problem is regarding the new GCD effects. I have seen reports of it giving players headaches, making them nauseated, etc. I'm not getting this. I wonder if I'm just strange because I don't get dizzy from the flashing buttons??? I'm not trolling, seriously. I am just a bit confused because I don't notice that much of a difference xD

People should totally adapt to a UI that is causing them Headaches/Migraines and having them become nauseous. Totally...

Well didn't know it causes headaches, thought was more of a playing issue, if the OP would type properly I would've known. And his post gave me more of a headache then the UI does. (Never had the issue)

The game is in no way unplayable as far as I'm concerned. I am mystified as to what the problem is regarding the new GCD effects. I have seen reports of it giving players headaches, making them nauseated, etc. I'm not getting this. I wonder if I'm just strange because I don't get dizzy from the flashing buttons??? I'm not trolling, seriously. I am just a bit confused because I don't notice that much of a difference xD

I am not the doctor and somebody posted some wiki link where was it explain. It´s about the lights which you can catch by the corner of eye or something which can give somebody problem as motion sickness.

To answer icon invisibility to a second guy who posted , my reaction time with new UI is incredible longer since I cannot see what skills are going to be ready to use or not. And I don´t like to spam skills as I would play DK in WOW :D

Well didn't know it causes headaches, thought was more of a playing issue, if the OP would type properly I would've known. And his post gave me more of a headache then the UI does. (Never had the issue)
Really? There has been easily 3000+ posts on the issue since the patch hit.

May you have a single bout of migraine.

Learn to adapt and overcome that head bursting pain, with lovely light sensitivity and all attached fun.

I've gotta point this out...

If someone is that sensitive to migraines, I wonder at the wisdom of spending long hours in front of a computer gaming. Not saying a person SHOULDN'T game if they get migraines, but only that it seems a bit far reaching to blame BW for a change they implemented on the massive migraines you are getting.

If someone is that sensitive to migraines, I wonder at the wisdom of spending long hours in front of a computer gaming. Not saying a person SHOULDN'T game if they get migraines, but only that it seems a bit far reaching to blame BW for a change they implemented on the massive migraines you are getting.

I suspect the main issue is NOT migraines. Instead, I suspect that the overlay and darkened icons is forcing people to focus much harder on the bars, and that increased focus combined with the flashing lights is what is giving them the headache.

well thats the problem , I have never been seriously ill in my life , I played a lot of games , working , studying , just a normal life. But I am sick after about hour of playing now.As many others.

And since there have been no feedback from bw on this topic I decided to do this post.

I am not the doctor and somebody posted some wiki link where was it explain. It´s about the lights which you can catch by the corner of eye or something which can give somebody problem as motion sickness.

To answer icon invisibility to a second guy who posted , my reaction time with new UI is incredible longer since I cannot see what skills are going to be ready to use or not. And I don´t like to spam skills as I would play DK in WOW :D

I guess I'm the oddball, because I find that it is much EASIER to tell when my abilities are off CD since they made the change. *shrug* to each their own. I'm glad to know they are adding options so that people can change it. I hope I can keep it like this xD

Preach it.

I have caught myself wondering how multicolored blaster fire and brightly colored lightsabers swinging around = Player is fine. UI flashes = ZOMG my brains and eyes!

Should also note: I am a severe migraine sufferer and hasn't set off a migraine for me. Heck, an MMO has never set off a migraine for me.

Edited by Thaltom

I guess I'm the oddball, because I find that it is much EASIER to tell when my abilities are off CD since they made the change. *shrug* to each their own. I'm glad to know they are adding options so that people can change it. I hope I can keep it like this xD

Whatever helps others enjoy the game right?