Are all the "PvP sucks I'm quitting" people new to MMO's?

ZeusThunder

Strawman.

It has barely any end game and what's there isn't fun. People don't expect the world on release -- but if even the basics aren't there, it's a problem. Even WoW had PLENTY of fun pvp at release (because the combat was engaging, pop was higher, engine could handle it, hubs were located properly) without reward/BGs.

Still, that said, I don't KNOW why people are complaining. This game is 6 months to a year away from having a proper pvp system. If you aren't having fun now, quit, unless you really want to be miserable for the forseeable future :cool:

Wow didn't have the pvp honor system at release and it didn't have it for months http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_%28World_of_Warcraft%29

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it only applies to MMOs. Skyrim won game of the year and the bugs in that game made this game feel like there wasn't anything wrong with it.

The reason people don't complain about a single player role playing game is if someone uses an exploit/hack to gain an advantage it doesnt effect you were as in a MMO. If someone is exploiting/hacking in a MMO it can indirectly or directly effect your playing experience.

Alot of the issues players have against Bioware stem from bugs/exploits/concerns that have been in the game since beta and were ignored. When some were addressed, usually at live events, they were simply dismissed as being issues.

I am new to MMOs, and I'm not quitting. But let me clarify: I never went into this game thinking, "boy, I hope the PvP is awesome."

Almost every article I read about the game pre-release pretty much touted the game as a new KOTOR. Some even equated it to several new KOTORs combined. Basically my understanding was this was going to be an MMO for people who don't like MMOs, with the majority of the content being solo/cooperative. On that front I think the game delivered brilliantly.

That said, if I had started the game with the mindset it was going to be PvP friendly I would be very upset and I can't blame anyone for quitting at this point. The PvP is lackluster and broken at best. If this is acceptable for MMOs at this point (I have no frame of reference) then I actually pity fans of the genre.

For now I'm content with splitting my time with seeing what the other classes have to offer for storylines, raiding, and occasionally jumping into some PvP. I just hope when I feel like I'm done with the other content the PvP has evolved enough to keep my interest. Otherwise I can't justify the monthly cost either.

good post.

The biggest problem by far is the faction imbalance. It seems to be on nearly every server and that's what'll kill the game fastest and there are NO patches to fix that. There can't be.

The thing i have yet to understand regarding faction population balance is how they could dismiss it as a "not an issue". Anyone whom has ever played a MMO with factions and "open world pvp" knows that faction balance is a needed

WoW had PvP at release? Please, tell me more.

Wow didn't have the pvp honor system at release and it didn't have it for months http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_%28World_of_Warcraft%29

I am consistently amazed with how few people can read, even though the quoted text is RIGHT THERE!

But then maybe I shouldn't be amazed. I am jaded enough to accept at least 50% of my fellow gamers eat paint chips. :o

Go back, reread what you quoted and don't be afraid to ask an adult for help.

Edited by Pulpp

Worst thing so far is lack of communication regarding the devs thoughts, ideas, and direction especially in regards to PvP.

I think this would go a long way in keeping pvping adults interested. Tell us what the **** is going on. You are running a business folks. If my local grocery store treated me like you do I'd go to a different store.

I am consistently amazed with how few people can read, even though the quoted text is RIGHT THERE!

But then maybe I shouldn't be amazed. I am jaded enough to accept at least 50% of my fellow gamers eat paint chips. :o

Go back, reread what you quoted and don't be afraid to ask an adult for help.

As soon as I read your post i knew the mouth breathers were going to froth all over their keyboards responding as they did.

Hilarious.