DEVS: Please fix the damned camera!

Toxicshadow

Am I the only one that gets really annoyed with having to keep adjusting the camera distance? I have mine set at 60% and everytime you die it defaults back to the default setting really close into the character.

Also, just to **** me off even more, if you ever rotate the camera near a wall it zooms in close (as it is supposed to) but then takes 20 years to get back to where it should be.

This should be a 2 second fix surely!

Don't forget the lack of free camera (being able to turn off auto-center). Or the fact that the auto-center that you can't turn off fails eventually, and doesn't even work. This results in your character actually turning and running the direction of your camera instead of having it snap back.

Good times.

I agree that I am not a game developer but I am a C programmer for embedded systems and unless Game development is wildly different it shouldnt be that hard to make it remember the last camera distance?

As for the time taken for the camera to return to its previous distance, that must already be defined as a variable should be made available in the UI.

Am I the only one that gets really annoyed with having to keep adjusting the camera distance? I have mine set at 60% and everytime you die it defaults back to the default setting really close into the character.

Also, just to **** me off even more, if you ever rotate the camera near a wall it zooms in close (as it is supposed to) but then takes 20 years to get back to where it should be.

This should be a 2 second fix surely!

Yes it does bug me , but not as much as not having better textures available.

but then takes 20 years to get back to where it should be.

Takes me 0.12 seconds to scroll back on my mouse wheel.

I actually dynamically adjust my range from near to far depending. Basically you are complaining about your play style. Unless this is some new bug. My max range setting never reverts but perhaps the default range does. Zero impact on me due to using the scroll wheel without thinking as I am used to.

Edited by Tamanous

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.