Verbaly abusing each other

nexuscalsohan

A large number of people are using the General Chat Box in the game to have and hold verbal abuse matchs with each other when playing SWTOR which is total spoiling the game play ,the experence and annoying the heck out of people

some people have asked for advice or help with the game and in doing so some people think its funny to verbal abuse you for asking a question or for help and are or being told to and meet with ( insert dirty word) while using the general chat box for help and advive.

is there any way to stop this or name and shame these people and get them banned?

Close your chat window and report them. Some perils with an MMO.

Bioware should put their forum mods into the game and let them monitor the general chat channels. All they do is sit around all day closing threads here for no reason, put their obsessive powers to work.

Dont foget they constantly give warning in our Private messages too.

I don't know what Forum the OP is on but on Ebon Hawlk you pull that and you are usually cut off in mid-sentence and are never seen in the game again.

Wished I'd rolled there instead of Harbinger. :( That server is the WORST.

Here is the thing, I think most people know that if you ask a noob question in general you are going to get some rude answeres.

The other day someone asked what companion gifts a certain companion liked and one person responded "Pancakes" :)

And another made anothe rediculous comment. Most of the time its all in good fun and not a big deal. after those 2 comments there were like 5 ppl that gave a good answer. I dont see a problem with a little light hearted hazing.

If what you are talking about is people truly being extremely rude and offensive then you ghave a valid complaint. But too many times I see ppl get bent out of shape about silly thing like the above I mentioned.

i have no problems with people who have a silly banter match it the ones that contantly f-ing and blinding at each other for ages and the extreme rudeness that you get when you type in the general chat box in the middle of it all for help and advice because you think they have stoped but havent then they start on you because they feel thats it their own little chat zone to do with as they wish thats is whats off putting and annoying people

A large number of people are using the General Chat Box in the game to have and hold verbal abuse matchs with each other when playing SWTOR which is total spoiling the game play ,the experence and annoying the heck out of people

some people have asked for advice or help with the game and in doing so some people think its funny to verbal abuse you for asking a question or for help and are or being told to and meet with ( insert dirty word) while using the general chat box for help and advive.

is there any way to stop this or name and shame these people and get them banned?

If people are nancyboys they should just ues the ignore option. Problem solved. This isnt' an issue, and there are already in-game tools to help the sensitive people cope when dealing with the rest of humanity.

Welcome to MMOs. When they start doing it, you can be pretty sure yuo never want to interact with those people, so put them on "ignore" and then you'll never have to see another post from them again.

Welcome to MMORPGs. Sounds like you need to develop thicker skin.

You know, I hear this a lot. But it's not actually what is called for. What is called for is for players to respect the Terms of Use.

So yes, flag and ignore.

But a few tips:

1. Politely ask that the abusive chats stop. They won't, but it is best if you actually ask, so that your request and others' ignoring it are both on-record.

2. Take screen shots of the chat content. CS may or may not have access to chat logs - I don't know. Having a copy shows that you took the matter seriously enough to document it and makes a record available if needed.

3. When reporting via in-game ticket, be sure to specify server, faction, zone (and instance e.g. Coruscant1, etc. when applicable), channel and approximate time CST.

Leave the ticket open until you get a reply.