Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Verbaly abusing each other

nexuscalsohan

A large number of people are using the General Chat Box in the game to have and hold verbal abuse matchs with each other when playing SWTOR which is total spoiling the game play ,the experence and annoying the heck out of people

some people have asked for advice or help with the game and in doing so some people think its funny to verbal abuse you for asking a question or for help and are or being told to and meet with ( insert dirty word) while using the general chat box for help and advive.

is there any way to stop this or name and shame these people and get them banned?

The only thing to do is wait until Bioware figure out what Blizzard learned years ago and automatically prune strings of consecutive spaces in chat messages.

Edit: seems I might have misunderstood what OP meant. If it's just about people bickering in General, well...welcome to the internet.

Edited by marshalleck

Flip over to the other tab. General goes away.

If it really bothers you that much, report them so BW can look at the chat logs.

This is what I do. Just switch the tab and focus on your game play experience rather than letting others ruin it. If someone is being terrible, report them as already stated by other people.

...report them so BW can look at the chat logs.

Also get a print Screen of the offensive behaviour, since the game does not seem to have chat logs. The last few tickets I raised I got an email asking for more information, including screenshots.

I dunno, there are still speed hacks in huttball despite all the evidence posted on youtube

Yeah, you may have a point there. Honestly, I turned all but my guild chat off two minutes after I rolled my first toon. But even if it did no good, I wouldnt post/complain about player behavior unless I fraps it first. If I didn't care to get a record of it, it isn't worth complaining about imo.

edit: grammar fail

Edited by Dirtybomb

Also get a print Screen of the offensive behaviour, since the game does not seem to have chat logs. The last few tickets I raised I got an email asking for more information, including screenshots.

That stinks of CSR raising their #tickets.closed because that's what their job targets are.

I've found 2 effective ways to shut them up:

1. "Excuse me, but I was looking for [Planet], but I appear to have landed in The Barrens instead. Does anyone have a map I can borrow?

2. What is this? /1/?

I would think the first response would only spin them up more and encourage a few chuck norris jokes. And I'm betting most people won't get the second response.

A large number of people are using the General Chat Box in the game to have and hold verbal abuse matchs with each other when playing SWTOR which is total spoiling the game play ,the experence and annoying the heck out of people

some people have asked for advice or help with the game and in doing so some people think its funny to verbal abuse you for asking a question or for help and are or being told to and meet with ( insert dirty word) while using the general chat box for help and advive.

is there any way to stop this or name and shame these people and get them banned?

Just put them both on ignore, it sounds like you wouldnt want to group with them anyway. Sounds like you are new to MMOs, You get this stuff with lots of people in the same space. Especially in a game like this where you can solo everything. In EQ people were more polite because you really couldn't get anywhere in the game without a lot of help so it didn't make sense to be a jerk, more modern MMOs are full of them.

I don't know what Forum the OP is on but on Ebon Hawlk you pull that and you are usually cut off in mid-sentence and are never seen in the game again.

Pure rubbish. It's not how CSRs work, especially for something as minor as saying something offensive in chat, there are warnings and such, with a person being suspended or banned only in the case of multiple repeats of the offense.

Here is the thing, I think most people know that if you ask a noob question in general you are going to get some rude answeres.

The other day someone asked what companion gifts a certain companion liked and one person responded "Pancakes" :)

And another made anothe rediculous comment. Most of the time its all in good fun and not a big deal. after those 2 comments there were like 5 ppl that gave a good answer. I dont see a problem with a little light hearted hazing.

If what you are talking about is people truly being extremely rude and offensive then you ghave a valid complaint. But too many times I see ppl get bent out of shape about silly thing like the above I mentioned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.