Transfer Money from Republic to Imperial (vice versa)

MaiYun

Why wouldn't it be legal? We should be able to transfer stuff between any of our toons.

Because Bioware make the rules. They enforce a segregated General Chat limitation and several other limitations that limit or prevent interaction between Republic and Empire player characters, except in the case of PvP.

If you can put something up on the vendors in the Hutt Cartel market hub as a Republic character, and buy it on your Empire character, then that should not be against the rules as you are not, afaik, exploiting any bugs.

However, just because you can do it, and just because it seems reasonable to you to be able to do it, does not mean that it is not against the rules.

What you are wanting to do should be no problem. That being said i find it offensive. I am in the republic and we are out numbered on many servers, so it bothers me that someone would be transfering funds from republic to the empire. I realise im just being self-loathing, but still its just seems so wrong in many ways and contributes to an already faction advantage. It makes you a traitor and bandwagon jumper in my opinion.

Actually, no you shouldn't. You should not be able to transfer stuff between factions. It makes no sense. Lore-wise that would make you a traitor, as you would be helping the other side.

You think Smugglers don't take money from the highest bidder? What about Bounty Hunters? Despite the clear division of faction lines, the morality of some classes is very grey at times. Interfaction trade should be possible, and should not be taken away. In the case of BH's and Smugglers, they are really only 'loosely' affiliated with their given faction and could very easily make a case for using interfaction trade. As a Sith, I dont use it, because I fall clearly on the empire side and have no desire to do anything remotely beneficial for my enemies, but I cannot say no one should or should not be able to.

Edited by Natarii

its not about the lore..its about the player who spent many times in imperial/republic and his friends are on the opposite faction.so he wants to reroll..also u can sell/buy items with opposite faction...i dont get it why it is illegal..

You think Smugglers don't take money from the highest bidder? What about Bounty Hunters? Despite the clear division of faction lines, the morality of some classes is very grey at times.

And some characters are presumably actual traitors: Dark Jedi who are only not Sith because no one's made them an offer. Light Sith who would really like to join a band of force-users in which homicide isn't a primary tool of advancement. Troopers who wonder if certain characters in their class story had a point after all.

Interfaction trade should be possible, and should not be taken away. In the case of BH's and Smugglers, they are really only 'loosely' affiliated with their given faction and could very easily make a case for using interfaction trade.

(Even interfaction travel would make sense for appropriate classes: Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, Agents on covert missions. But that would presumably be hard to balance for gameplay.)

I wonder what the effect would be if interfaction trade were permitted, but selling materiel to the Empire side gave dark side points and to the Republic gave light.

(Though maybe it should be the reverse: "I drained those santimonious philosophers of ten times what that was worth! A few more transactions like this and we won't *have* to invade.")

You think Smugglers don't take money from the highest bidder? What about Bounty Hunters? Despite the clear division of faction lines, the morality of some classes is very grey at times. Interfaction trade should be possible, and should not be taken away. In the case of BH's and Smugglers, they are really only 'loosely' affiliated with their given faction and could very easily make a case for using interfaction trade. As a Sith, I dont use it, because I fall clearly on the empire side and have no desire to do anything remotely beneficial for my enemies, but I cannot say no one should or should not be able to.

Cross faction trade should be allowed, transfer of funds should not.

its not about the lore..its about the player who spent many times in imperial/republic and his friends are on the opposite faction.so he wants to reroll..also u can sell/buy items with opposite faction...i dont get it why it is illegal..

Then you should have rolled in your friends faction to begin with and not wait untill you aquired enough funds that you would want to transfer. If your friends chose the other faction after you had already committed to one faction, tuff luck.

Actually, no you shouldn't. You should not be able to transfer stuff between factions. It makes no sense. Lore-wise that would make you a traitor, as you would be helping the other side.

Actually there is a class story line in game where you can become a traitor.

Ever play light-side ANYTHING on Empire? Its all about being a traitor, double agent, or changing the empire to be like the republic from within.

I'm pretty sure lore has nothing to do with this subject.

LoL. Are you serious quoting Lore? lore-wise it makes no sense that you could be 16 toons (w/e the characerl imit is) at once, but you can.

...and in lore, there are no traitors?

Why do we have a neutral auction house if we're not supposed to be able to trade items/currency cross-faction? That isn't an unintended exploit of an unrelated feature: cross-faction trade is specifically the main purpose of the cross-faction AH.

...and in lore, there are no traitors?

Why do we have a neutral auction house if we're not supposed to be able to trade items/currency cross-faction? That isn't an unintended exploit of an unrelated feature: cross-faction trade is specifically the main purpose of the cross-faction AH.

Trading and transfering funds are 2 sperate things. If there is a faction imbalance you are only exasperating the problem if you allow transfer of funds. That being said you can use the Nar Shadda auction house to sell yourself an item essentially exploiting it to transfer your funds.

Its convenient if there is a way to transfer cross factions but i wouldn't be surprised if they took it out. In WoW you couldn't do anything cross faction and it made sense. the arguments about smugglers and BHs do make sense because of their jobs but they still are affiliated loosely. all in all i'm either way on it because i have a toon on both sides lvling at roughly the same rate

LoL. Are you serious quoting Lore? lore-wise it makes no sense that you could be 16 toons (w/e the characerl imit is) at once, but you can.

Seriously? Each toon is it's own character. Therefore even though you play 8 characters on a server, each one is still a different entity.

Your point is moot and fairly ridiculous.

And some characters are presumably actual traitors: Dark Jedi who are only not Sith because no one's made them an offer. Light Sith who would really like to join a band of force-users in which homicide isn't a primary tool of advancement. Troopers who wonder if certain characters in their class story had a point after all.

Playing dark or light on the faction opposite that is not the same. Just because someone is a Sith, doesn't mean they run around killing everyone they see. A politically minded Inquisitor may choose some lightside choices, if they benifit him down the road.

As for Jedi being darkside, this is war. Sometimes people will do what is needed to succeed in war. If that means wiping out an entire city to end the threat it poses, so be it.

This is the Revan argument all over again. Is he still a Jedi if he is willing to commit genocide on the Sith race. The answer is yes.

As to what this has to do with the post you quoted and the original topic, I have no idea.

I wonder what the effect would be if interfaction trade were permitted, but selling materiel to the Empire side gave dark side points and to the Republic gave light.

Cross-faction trade is already available via the Hutt Trade Network on Nar Shadaa. I am alright with this because it is a neutral faction buying and selling goods which does not break lore. Having the ability to just give money or items to a character of another faction completely breaks lore. This is the difference.

Actually there is a class story line in game where you can become a traitor.

This is more difficult to answer. This is true, but in this case, the characters original faction does not know that the character is a traitor, therefore openly trading with the enemy would most certainly blow his/her cover.