Gimme addons NAOW!

ExaWood

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL addons help you "cheat". What a shortsided statement. Sir please leave the thread its obvious you are not qualified to talk about addons in any way shape or form.

Are you freaking kidding me??? Are you telling me that something like "HealBot" doesn't make WoW healers twice as effective? Are you going to tell me that an endgame healer is going to do just fine without it?

I propose that if api is opened up, it goes off the principle of explicitly denying all api and opening it up as needed, not like wow did where you could do anything. This would allow for a lot of UI customization without potential exploits.

If Bioware goes forward with your request for 3rd Party Add-On support, it effects me and everyone else who plays this game because it is giving you a play advantage over everyone else that doesn't use them. You want to cheat, and are upset that Bioware doesn't support your cheating habits. I'm hoping they never do.

Cheating...

I assume the definition you're attempting to use here is "to violate the rules".

If BioWare goes forward and implements an API by which we can develop and use 3rd party add-ons, they are adding the use of same into the accepted rules of the game. Therefore, any potential third party addons that are developed according to any potential API BioWare implements are absolutely not cheats.

Are they advantages? Maybe.

But I challenge you to take a look at the current implementation of the cooldown timers. You know, the ones that people say are making them ill and giving them headaches? If that doesn't happen to you, the UI gives YOU the advantage of feeling OK when playing because it makes others feel ill.

Using your flawed add-on logic, you are cheating unless you drink a vial of fish oil and smack yourself in the head with a rubber mallet while playing.

Last but not least; add-ons are still under discussion, but there's no current timeline for when that functionality might be implemented. While add-ons would give a lot more potential options (assuming a robust add-on community), there will still always be many people who want to use the game's default UI (new players, for example!). Therefore it's important for us to ensure the UI that we have works well, hence our ongoing development and expansion of UI options.

Looks like, from what I read, Bioware wants to go it alone for as long as they can with doing the UI without add-ons. If it does occur, it will not be any time soon.

Are you freaking kidding me??? Are you telling me that something like "HealBot" doesn't make WoW healers twice as effective? Are you going to tell me that an endgame healer is going to do just fine without it?

I see, so you're going to single out an addon and use a blanket statement that all addons trivialize content.

And isnt the point of an addon to make you more effective? Really man think before you post im getting tired of correcting you.

In an interview with Gabe Amatangelo, he stated he prefers everything to be in-game and contextualized. But he said it's not his department to say so and he can't say for sure if Bioware won't allow add-ons later down the road, or at least more UI customization or UI add-ons.

Go to about 19:00

Edited by EscVelocity

Im sure any developer with a brain can go through the code of an addon and see if its actually exploiting game code. However simple addons that show cooldowns and procs are not the type of addon that can execute commands for you or as the cool kids say "IT PLAYZ DUH GAME FOUR YOU HERR DURR".

No they can't. That's the problem. If Bioware gives add-on support, they lose control of the player when it comes to gameplay. There is no way for them to allow this type of UI add on but disallow another type of UI add on. Its all or nothing.

No they can't. That's the problem. If Bioware gives add-on support, they lose control of the player when it comes to gameplay. There is no way for them to allow this type of UI add on but disallow another type of UI add on. Its all or nothing.

By this logic wow should have imploded by now. Welcome to being wrong.

Blizzard did it in WoW. They've killed at least a few add-ons that I'm aware of.

It absolutely can be done and done well. BioWare would just need to commit the resources to doing it.

I see, so you're going to single out an addon and use a blanket statement that all addons trivialize content.

And isnt the point of an addon to make you more effective? Really man think before you post im getting tired of correcting you.

No, that's not what I said. I didn't say all add-ons trivialize content. I said Add-On support leads to Add-ons that trivialize content.