[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to cancel my subscription. And really, I encourage other to do so because that is what companies respond to. When they start losing money, or start to lose recurring customers they start changing things.

I would love to resub once they implement a few things. Foremost the option for at least my own character to be Hi-Res rendered. And a few other things, but I enjoyed the rest of the game well enough if they just implement this one thing.

But back to what I was saying about cancelling subscriptions. It doesn't matter if Bioware is a "good" or "bad" company. Either one of those types of companies needs and wants to make money. Take that away and they will have to change something. Anywho, if you're as upset as I became (espcially after the holo terminal trick), I would suggest cancelling for now.

Thank You for Reading!

Edited by Fomby

Quote by Stephen Reid:

"That screenshot is from a cinematic in-game. As stated, cinematic scenes use high resolution textures because we have control over how many characters are rendered on-screen at once. This is how the [...]

In beta and in the PR movies, the characters actually looked as crisp and clear as the two droids in the screenshot he responds to. This was changed as soon as most people had paid for the game.

This better be fixed with 1.2 patch (which should come out soonish), else I am canceling my sub. I have no interest in playing a game where my character looks ******, as I'm one of those players who actually care a great lot about their character looks. So far, I'm not happy how blurry armor looks.

Bumping for the greatness of this thread. High rez textures is a must have for this game, especialy when we know that they are already in!

I hope that patch 1.2 will deliver on this issue.

If it dont i aint continueing , graphics aint everything in the majority of games, but IN AN MMO , you want to compare the look of gear with other players and your own close up.

The washed out state of the gear textures at the moment wont keep me long term.

Edited by Urko

oh man this thread again....

prepare to be sorely dissapointed in everything you do in life if pixels are a big enough reason to get upset, quit, and waste sixty dollars jsut to save 50 cents a day because of " blurry pixels"

now i dont know about you, but to me , the game looks very playable, and far from " horrible and unplayable " as you call criers are touting...

< will be here, if it gets fixed so be it, not gonna lose any sleep if it doesnt

There hasn't been a satisfying, official answer yet, they just said they were working on it, and didn't mention it among the other features being implemented in 1.2, so yes.

so ....what "satisfying " answer would be good enough for yalll?

THEY ARE WORKING ON IT , they heard yall...

what more do you expect?

srsly man, ill be ingame having fun while you worry about blurry pixels lol you guys are sad, five threads of this horse manure and you guys still dont get it that they are WORKING ON IT

it aint gonna go any faster no matter how much you guys "ask"

what more do you expect?

srsly man, ill be ingame having fun while you worry about blurry pixels lol you guys are sad, five threads of this horse manure and you guys still dont get it that they are WORKING ON IT

OH get over yourself. ''Oh look at me, I don't care about this issue, but I do love spending time responding to sh*t I dislike'' - have fun with that.

I'm not quitting, not even if they never fix this problem.

And I'm not losing any sleep over it, in fact, I haven't gotten ''upset'' over it once.

The only reason I am here, posting, is because I'd *preffer* to have high-res textures, and that does not mean I'd not be ok if they were never implemented... it just means I'd PREFFER them to be.

And no, they are not working on what I'd like; the *full* beta high-res textures *NOT* something ''close to'' (quote).

But yeah, I get it, I look at an ENTIRE group of hundreds (sometimes even millions) of people, and make one generalizing rant too, -which only applies to a portion of them- sometimes, so its cool.. we're all idiots sometimes... just your turn now :)

I'm no saint, I've called ''EAware'' idiots, and that would mean every person working there is an idiot; which is not true... in fact, I don't really believe in idiots, just in idiotic behaviour *wink*

So go ahead and make a generalisation about the vast majority of people posting here; you're free to do so, I'm just telling you that you're mistaken, and that the assumption is an ignorant one.

PS: thanks for helping us out by bumping this thread *twice*, dipsh*t :)

oh man this thread again....

prepare to be sorely dissapointed in everything you do in life if pixels are a big enough reason to get upset, quit, and waste sixty dollars jsut to save 50 cents a day because of " blurry pixels"

now i dont know about you, but to me , the game looks very playable, and far from " horrible and unplayable " as you call criers are touting...

< will be here, if it gets fixed so be it, not gonna lose any sleep if it doesnt

Everyone has the right to express their opinion, other then that I don't think anyone is actually upset about this, it's just a concern we have for the game. I love the game, so I won't quit, but I'd really like the high res textures to make it inside. And how is using the forums for the exact reason they exist sad? It's sad to flame on a topic you obviously don't care about.

This better be fixed with 1.2 patch (which should come out soonish), else I am canceling my sub. I have no interest in playing a game where my character looks ******, as I'm one of those players who actually care a great lot about their character looks. So far, I'm not happy how blurry armor looks.

I can save you some time and tell you to go ahead and cancel now if that is your requirement. They have made their position pretty clear on the HQ texture thing and that it is staying at the status quo for now for a variety of reasons.

Please activate the high-res textures for those who have rigs that CAN run them. It can't be that hard if they were up and running during Beta, unless you've made it hard, in which case you just f'ed yourself over, because you could have foreseen these ''protests''.

Indeed. Since it's not just a flip of the switch to let us select it, EAoware obviously fubared the high-res somehow and is now just stalling until they can get it fixed. They come up with all sorts of excuses to calm the community, but they're clueless that white lies will just made everyone who cares about this rage more.

what more do you expect?

$Alert: Possible trolling attempt.

$Result: Unsuccessful.

$Details: You failed to attack the reasons why people are annoyed about this.

$Reply: GTFrackO

Anyone who's posting in this thread, that is willing to ''advertise'' this issue, please feel free to copy/paste the text below into your signature (my current signature)

(Note that you will need to replace all the red marked + signs with a [ sign)

(Tested and working)

+COLOR=Lime]+COLOR=White]Join us in the fight for +COLOR=Orange][High-Res Textures][/color] @ [/color]+URL="http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=286535"][Official High Resolution Textures Post] !

+/URL][/color]+COLOR=Lime]+URL="http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=286535"]{ACCEPT}[/url] +URL="http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6521/fu2x.jpg"]{DECLINE}[/url]

[/color]

Or, if you know how to add colours/links yourself, feel free to just copy/paste my signature and add your own links/colours as you please :)

@EAware: I'm going to keep going untill you flat out tell us that the textures from your official advertisements are going to be restored into gameplay.

It doesn't need to be quick, take your time... But I will not settle for ''close to high-resolution''.. give us what you advertised, or I will contact organizations that can make this very difficult for you.

Not intending to sound threatening here, simply expressing my course of action should you fail to hold up your end of the deal.

Edited by Schizman

Anyone who's posting in this thread, that is willing to ''advertise'' this issue, please feel free to copy/paste the text below into your signature.

I'd love to but my lightsaber takes up almost all of the character count. Unfortunately Bioware in all of their wisdom counts formatting tags as characters. Yup, they failed there as well.

I'd love to but my lightsaber takes up almost all of the character count. Unfortunately Bioware in all of their wisdom counts formatting tags as characters. Yup, they failed there as well.

Its cool, I'm totally into free will/prefferences, as my previous posts might indicate.

I don't want anyone to do anything against their own prefferences/will :)

Cool sig btw :D

What I'd really like to hear from Bioware:

A little honesty and less marketing. If you provide a little more transparency your community wouldn't rag against you all the time. I love TOR. I'm here to stay regardless of the high textures, and I understand development takes time. But I've also lost a lot of respect for Bioware over the high res and release grace period fiasco. Please win back our trust. Is that so difficult to do? I for one am a reasonable customer.

Cool sig btw :D

Thanks. :)

Edited by cipher_nemo

Its funny to see how they blame it was an UI bug, and it probably was. But it's not the only UI bug in the graphics section.

Anisotropic filtering options are half broken, Anti aliasing options are half broken, view distance and shadow quality slider both disappeared after beta.

Edited by Marctraider

I wonder why the texture atlases can't be higher-resolution. Generally resolution doesn't have all that gigantic an impact on a draw call. 'course I may not understand how big they're talking when they say "high resolution". WoW's textures are only about 256x256 or so, and still look pretty decent, considering.

Although I suppose my own game hasn't gone through a great deal of testing yet, there's essentially no limit to texture atlas size, yet even big ones (2048x2048) have very little impact on performance.

Thanks, this sentence has got to be the funniest thing I have read in years!

And why is that?

Honesty is a company's best defense. It is no where near its best way of turning a profit, but it is BY FAR its best way of retaining loyal customers. If you don't believe that, then please, tell us why honesty and transparency are a bad thing.

Edited by cipher_nemo

What I'd really like to hear from Bioware:

A little honesty and less marketing. If you provide a little more transparency your community wouldn't rag against you all the time. I love TOR. I'm here to stay regardless of the high textures, and I understand development takes time. But I've also lost a lot of respect for Bioware over the high res and release grace period fiasco. Please win back our trust. Is that so difficult to do?

Well said.

I don't hate BioWare, I love them. I've played nearly every video game they've ever made and loved every last one of them, including TOR :)

Its just what you said, they messed up, they'd be best off by just admitting it now :)

Edit: and then fixing it, ofcourse :)

I preffer an honest mistake over never having known a mistake was made and having been lied to.

BioWare is made by people, this game is made by people. People make mistakes, even on the job.

There's a saying in dutch ''Where there's wood being chopped, woodchips will fall''

That doesn't mean I wouldn't preffer to have this mistake rectified though :)

Edited by Schizman