Patch 1.2?

Atarufighter

March was their original ETA. So think last week of March, maybe first week of April. Not being negative here, but it is going to be a big patch, I imagine it will be on the PTS for two-ish weeks and then a few days back off before they release it. So late March - mid April

Supposed to go live sometime in March and it includes a new warzone, new operation, legacy system fully unlocked, and also possibly a ilium/pvp overhaul (rankings, status.....etc)

Thanks for the replies, and would you happen to know if 1.2 plans to implement the high-res graphics mentioned by the developers? And when do you suppose testing for this update will start? Again, thanks.

Thanks for the replies, and would you happen to know if 1.2 plans to implement the high-res graphics mentioned by the developers? And when do you suppose testing for this update will start? Again, thanks.

As of right now they have said that hi-res textures are in the game, however only truly apply to the conversation sequences. So for now, no. Testing will likely begin in early March.

They are also adding new guild features as well, not sure if that was mentioned in the above post.

Edited by gannonmoss

As of right now they have said that hi-res textures are in the game, however on truly apply to the conversation sequences. So for now, no. Testing will likely begin in early March.

They are also adding new guild features as well, not sure if that was mentioned in the above post.

and UI custimization

Patch 1.2 you say?

Perhaps we can expect things that are broken to be fixed, required stuff that is missing may get added and maybe we can hope for some end game pvp and properly tuned pve content?

OR

Maybe we can expect the patch to break more things than it fixes, turn Ilum into even more of a joke and get excited about changes noted in the patch notes that arn't actually fixed.

Welcome to SW!

As of right now they have said that hi-res textures are in the game, however only truly apply to the conversation sequences. So for now, no. Testing will likely begin in early March.

Well last I heard they were going to implement them, but I wasn't sure.

Quote by Stephen Reid:

"That screenshot is from a cinematic in-game. As stated, cinematic scenes use high resolution textures because we have control over how many characters are rendered on-screen at once. This is how the game was always intended to look in cinematics. We did not 'remove' high resolution textures - they were always in the game for use in cinematics.

With that said, thank you for all of your responses. We understand everyone's desires around this issue, and although it's not going to be an overnight fix, as mentioned we're working on addressing this. Many of the suggestions you have made are similar to potential changes the development team is investigating.

I rounded up the development team once more and had another discussion, and wanted to update you with a better timeline and some more precise details on what we're doing right now.

The first major changes will be in our next major Game Update, which will have the version number of 1.2. Those changes will bring greater visual fidelity to your character and those around you, but will still allow for good performance in situations where a lot of characters are on-screen at once. In other words, for those screenshots of your character in their best gear, you should see a marked improvement.

Other potential changes are being discussed right now – as I said, many of which are similar to changes suggested by many of you. As usual, you’ll see these sorts of changes on our Public Test Server before they make it into the live game. Right now we cannot commit to a live date for the 1.2 Game Update, but it will be within Q1 2012."

I didn't see any mention of this in the "Coming up" video or any other source I know of. If they didn't say anything else on the subject then I'll just have to wait to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Pengant, while your snide remarks are somewhat amusing, it's been proven time and time again through historical context and market research that bug fixes aren't what keeps players around or what attracts new players. It's new content and new features that sell more copies of the game and create more subscriptions/re-subs.

Historically in all software releases (games especially) the retention rate has been directly tied to the rate and quality of new features and releases. Most people who want to play/use the product will find work around or simply ignore bugs in the game.

I agree that Ilum is not a fun zone to play in with it's current design. I'm also infinitely frustrated by the amount of bugs in day to day play at a high level (including operations). That being said, you have to look at this from EA and Bioware's perspective. They are companies trying to turn a profit, and as such will continue to put a major focus on new features and new content (while simultaneously dedicating a smaller amount of resources to fixing existing bugs).

That's just the software industry, like it or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.