Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Giving a grace period for STAR WARS: The Old Republic

GregZeschuk

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I want to know why I even bothered pre-ordering the digital copy. The add said if you pre-order you will have in as of the 15th and guess that means only people who ordered it months ago! We call that a bait and switch, thanks for nothing.... Edited by TattooedFiend

Thank you very much!

Also a humongous thank you to all those involved with badgering retailers so that they ship earlier!! I just got an email from Amazon saying my copy has been shipped and should arrive on the 21st of December, so when combined with this and assuming nothing goes wrong, I shouldn't miss out on any playtime.

This is awesome, thanks again. :jawa_biggrin:

Amazon really went above and beyond on this one! I got an email today that said my Collectors Edition had shipped and would be in my greedy hands on the 16th! I was worried considering the online nature of my pre-order and having an extra two days is very appreciated.

Taking this break from the game to give my thanxs to BioWare, @Rockjaw(SR) and both Drs. to get the retailers in gear for shipping earlier and also for the two day grace period. I think it shows that they ARE listening to their fans. As one of the more vocal voices against dropping the G.P. by BW, I want to acknowledge their hard work and change of heart on this issue to allow loyal fans to be there on Launch day. Thanxs Guys! :sul_angel:

Thank you for the grace period, cause this was no small concern and thousands of people bought the game online, including me.

I bought it from shopto.net and I have to say I was pretty amazed when they sent me dispatch confirmation on 13th. I hope it will arrive by 22nd.

"We are pleased to inform you that your order has been packed and dispatched. This is an international order, please be aware that in some countries it may take up to 4 weeks to be delivered. Please note if you change your mind about a purchase you may return it to us unopened"

Haha, right, I'm returning it, just for the fun of it. :D

Edited by Darren_Korr

I ordered minutes after it was available and entered my preorder code less than an hour later. i was in the early access at 4:10am on the 13th. i got an email from amazon just yesterday while playing that said my CE copy will reach me by the 29th. a normal shipped item from amazon had multiple scans as it arrives and leaves different destinations. the CE copy i ordered seems to have been scanned as leaving wherever but never updated again since, which seems like its on the super snail paced get to it when we can section of the holiday rush. when i ordered i had no idea what the retail date was, i had no idea it would be slowed down by christmas (i couldve guess) but regardless, im just looking for some help from anyone who may read this. ive looked at my order on amazon and theres no option to change shipping options. has anyone had success with either a) getting the shipping speed increased (at increased shipping cost) or b) getting a living person on the phone that can intercept the box, open it, and read me the retail code?

this is a serious post. i appreciate bioware trying to help us with this with the 2 day grace period

Good that there is a grace period, but the plead to register the code and enter payment early is probably going to be ignored a lot due to the 2 'free' days you can get out of it if you register late.

Perhaps some other mechanics should be found here.

So simply put :

So by being a "loyal" customer and making sure im one of the very first to order a copy of the game and by getting my game code registered before the 20th - I am basically rewarded by NOT getting 2 free (grace) days of gameplay?

Cool . . . -_-

I totally understand - but this is where logic would dictate... "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.