No Movement Enchantments in Huttball

bahgaggaga

I like how every one of your arguments starts with "You have 8 players, and they didn't stop this 1 sorc from doing something" Completely ignoring the 7 players on the Sorcs team *grin*

I'm sure 8v1 the Sorc won't do well, That's not how huttball works though.

See what just happened here? You admitted teamwork stops you from stopping the sorc/assassin whatever. That's called defense. I think we are making progress now.

/clap

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha umadbro? Just because you don't know how to play defense and are butthurt that you can't play your PT well, you start spewing nonsense about not knowing how to play class? FYI, your qq tears are delicious.

I've seen great PT ball carriers. You are obviously not one of them because here you are crying about them. If you would learn to play defense in game and not on forums, we wouldn't be having this exchange.

Stay on topic ace. We were talking about ball carrying, hence why I wrote about ball carrying...not guard or taunt etc. I understand. You're really reaching and that's okay. I get it...you want to sound pro on the forums. Okay you are pro and totally figured me out. I have no idea what all those other abailities are for on my bar. All i see is that force speed button because it makes me unstoppable. Seriously, focus your keen powers of perception in game and learn how to play defense. Ops get an ability for better stealth detection btw. Unfortunately, they don't get one that prevents them from running off into a corner to kill some random player low on health to fluff their medal count that really has no immediate threat of assissting scoring a goal. Oh whoops did I just offend the dps community?

You keep talking about Defense, You saying the word doesn't actually make it any more viable.

It's like you talking about Great Powertech Ball Carriers, Was this Powertech Ball Carrier great because there was a sorc pulling him? Or was He great because the other team was stupid enough to stand on the ledge near the goal line.

Because really, That's your only "two" options for scoring on a Powertech. It's completely reliant on the opposing team being idiots, Or you having a Sorc.

Assassin Just has to make it past the first fire pit, and it's a score by any competent one.

Juggernaut, Just needs a single team mate.

So keep talking about Defense while not having a clue how defense works in this game.

Hell I can settle this debate right here and now.

Everyone in this thread reading, Would you rather be on Team A or Team B when playing huttball.

Team A, Is nothing but Force Users

Team B, Is nothing but Non force Users.

See what just happened here? You admitted teamwork stops you from stopping the sorc/assassin whatever. That's called defense. I think we are making progress now.

/clap

*boggle* You must not be able to read...

At what point did I bring up defense in that post, I pointed out you seem to think 8v1 Is how Huttball Works, I pointed out 8v8 is how it works, and how your moronic argument of "Just Dog pile the sorc carrying the ball" is about the most useless defense i've seen in Huttball yet.

No wonder you play an Assassin..

Whether or not a Force user ball carrier is 'guaranteed' to score is irrelevant to the argument. Yes, they can be stopped by a concerted team effort including a pulling class. The issue is they are BETTER than all the other classes at carrying the Huttball, hence the team with more of them will win when skill is equal. That is the definition of imbalance. They can do things the other classes can't with the ball which is why those abilities need to be disabled when carrying. This would make Huttball more reliant on passing which is, you guessed it, more team oriented. Isn't that what the people defending this cheese keep spouting off about anyway? Win-win.

Stupid change. It would be very hard for anyone to ever score. You'd end up with 0-0 being by far the most common score.

It also makes knockbacks even more powerful than before so I don't think it would hurt sage teams as much as you're hoping.

lol yeah, i cant imagine how making it so tanks cant charge with the ball could make sages even stronger in huttball...

But i would feel for snipers, because it would take away their only real benefit in huttball.

Edited by Adzzy

You keep talking about Defense, You saying the word doesn't actually make it any more viable.

It's like you talking about Great Powertech Ball Carriers, Was this Powertech Ball Carrier great because there was a sorc pulling him? Or was He great because the other team was stupid enough to stand on the ledge near the goal line.

Because really, That's your only "two" options for scoring on a Powertech. It's completely reliant on the opposing team being idiots, Or you having a Sorc.

Assassin Just has to make it past the first fire pit, and it's a score by any competent one.

Juggernaut, Just needs a single team mate.

So keep talking about Defense while not having a clue how defense works in this game.

Hell I can settle this debate right here and now.

Everyone in this thread reading, Would you rather be on Team A or Team B when playing huttball.

Team A, Is nothing but Force Users

Team B, Is nothing but Non force Users.

Team B. Why? Because you have no idea how to play as a powertech. Hell I am a PT Tank amd I rule in huttball. Why? We are not ball carriers. If you think we are you have a problem. Regardless for the rare times we do, powertechs can be a force to reckon with. Ive scared countless times by having 3+ players on me while I walked the entire platform. Ive scored by using jet charge on enemys that just spawned. Ive used grapple to annoyy players while scoring etc.

Powertechs are one of the best classes in huttball. All you need to do is learn your class.

*boggle* You must not be able to read...

At what point did I bring up defense in that post, I pointed out you seem to think 8v1 Is how Huttball Works, I pointed out 8v8 is how it works, and how your moronic argument of "Just Dog pile the sorc carrying the ball" is about the most useless defense i've seen in Huttball yet.

No wonder you play an Assassin..

Okay, that's fine. I will explain it to you. I thought you were a little slow but I Was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

You said 1 class gets an unfair advantage at carrying the ball. You with me?

I said the only way that advantage is an advantage is if that class is set up perfectly and the team plays together. Try to keep up.

You said it's not 8v1...that I am forgetting the other 7 players.

Here's the aha moment...

The other 7 players on sorc team are playing defense/setting up for the score.

What does that mean?

Omg assassin can stealth past the team and set up!!

1. Where do you think they they are going to set up? Pretty obvious which way the ball is going to go. Pre-req...you have to know what left or right is.

2. Go there and check for a stealther...

3. Assassins can't catch a ball while stealthed. You're a slick PT. You see an assassin appear ready to catch the ball? Pull him off the ledge...

You playing defense. tada.

This lesson was free. Next one will cost you.

Edited by AncientForce

Whether or not a Force user ball carrier is 'guaranteed' to score is irrelevant to the argument. Yes, they can be stopped by a concerted team effort including a pulling class. The issue is they are BETTER than all the other classes at carrying the Huttball, hence the team with more of them will win when skill is equal. That is the definition of imbalance. They can do things the other classes can't with the ball which is why those abilities need to be disabled when carrying. This would make Huttball more reliant on passing which is, you guessed it, more team oriented. Isn't that what the people defending this cheese keep spouting off about anyway? Win-win.

because you will queue up with equal skill on both sides every time. really?

you're acting like the ball carrier is the only person involved in scoring. sorc/sage/assassins can't do a lot of things other classes can do. So if they don't carry the ball should they be able to do all those things to support the ball carrier? jawa please.

Team B. Why? Because you have no idea how to play as a powertech. Hell I am a PT Tank amd I rule in huttball. Why? We are not ball carriers. If you think we are you have a problem. Regardless for the rare times we do, powertechs can be a force to reckon with. Ive scared countless times by having 3+ players on me while I walked the entire platform. Ive scored by using jet charge on enemys that just spawned. Ive used grapple to annoyy players while scoring etc.

Powertechs are one of the best classes in huttball. All you need to do is learn your class.

A. Everything you can do on a PT Tank, The other tanks can do better.

B. You're not walking across an entire platform against anyone who's a force user, CAuse you're going to get knocked off.

C. "I've scored by using Jet charge on enemies that just spawned" Welcome to what a Juggy can do, but 10x better, You're also relying on the enemy being an idiot.

D. "I've used Grapple to annoy players while scoring" Welcome to the Tank Assassin, who can do the same... While having Immunity and Force Speed...

In Closing You picking Team B, proves you're an idiot..

Hell, If the statement "We are not ball carriers" doesn't show how moronic being Team B is, then I don't know what is.

Cause if you're not the ball carrier on the Powertech, Who do you think is on Team B.

You think operative/sniper/merc is going to be running the ball?

the best 3 ball carriers are these 3 in this order.

Sith Juggernaut/Jedi Guardian tank spec (14/27 being the best)

Tank spec Powertech/Vanguard

Tank spec Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow (slthough this class is the best at scoring from receiving the ball at the final fire trap, shroud + sprint)

Yes the 3 tank classes are the best.

Next up is the Marauder/Sentinel, 5s of near invulnerability and their group run speed buff will do that.

Now we reach the sorc, because it has force speed, but its survivability is the lowest of any class once focus fired.

And finally the merc, sniper and operative / mirrors, the 3 classes without any movement related skills.

Removal of movement abilities, would move Sorcs/Sages from middle of the pack to just above operative.

but on the defensive end they would go from an upper middle class, to comparable to a tank powertech (the best defensive class hands down) the best as they'd now be able to slow/stun with impunity on ball carriers from above ledges, as right now you're forced to vacate the high ground.

Edited by Adzzy

If you took out movement enhancements and pull then basically what would start to happen is the Pit turtle. One team simply gives ball to BM geared tank class, he jumps down into pit area near their team spawn, healers heal him, and dps nukes down opposition.

+1 I agree.

Making the game involve TEAMWORK would be awesome. While a sorc isn't guaranteed to score, his chances are dramatically better than a merc or agent. I use the term 'dramatically', but that is a massive understatement.

I don't understand what the problem is with having to use actual teamwork. Watching Jugs jump straight into the pit and wait for some poor noob to spawn and run up to the ramp is just sad. The fact that some classes bypass those hazards without a second thought, while others have to wait for the hazards and run the risk of being CC'd to death on that hazard is just plain broken.

A Merc or Agent waiting at the hazard has to rely on his team for support, heals and protection. The jug only relies on the fact that there is at least one noob on the other team is dumb enough to spawn and run forward. A sorc only relies on a small opening that no other class could exploit like them to bubble and force run out of the battle and leave any potential defenders in the dust.

A smart Sorc will use his resolve bar to give him 17 sec of CC immunity, his bubble to stop any burst damage and his force run to escape any slows.

This is not balanced.

Using those abilities should be used to get into position for someone to pass you the ball. Teamwork shouldn't be class based. It should be team based.

A smart Sorc will use his resolve bar to give him 17 sec of CC immunity, his bubble to stop any burst damage and his force run to escape any slows.

Sorcerers have no cc immunity (well other than a full resolve bar giving them stun/kb/kd/sleep immunity), Assassins do.

Edited by Adzzy

Okay, that's fine. I will explain it to you. I thought you were a little slow but I Was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

You said 1 class gets an unfair advantage at carrying the ball. You with me?

I said the only way that advantage is an advantage is if that class is set up perfectly and the team plays together. Try to keep up.

You said it's not 8v1...that I am forgetting the other 7 players.

Here's the aha moment...

The other 7 players on sorc team are playing defense/setting up for the score.

What does that mean?

Omg assassin can stealth past the team and set up!!

1. Where do you think they they are going to set up? Pretty obvious which way the ball is going to go. Pre-req...you have to know what left or right is.

2. Go there and check for a stealther...

3. Assassins can't catch a ball while stealthed. You're a slick PT. You see an assassin appear ready to catch the ball? Pull him off the ledge...

You playing defense. tada.

This lesson was free. Next one will cost you.

*boggle* How you able to breathe, let alone type.

I said force users have an unfair advantage at Huttball, This is true..

The Next part of your post, Is you talking about How Teams of The unfair Force user have to setup to do good..... *grin* Again.. proving you're not paying attention to any previous post.

The other 7 players on the sorcs team are playing Force Users, hence why everyone previous pointed out that it's overpowered for force users in Huttball. You keep talking about defending against the Sorc/Assassin, while completely ignoring the other people on the opposing team killing your members/attacking/pulling/stunning/knockbacks ect ect.

I'm going to skip past your next set of stupid bullet points, Because It really comes down to "You Pull the stealther down before he gets the ball"

congrats.. You just wasted your pull on 1 stealther, Better hope they don't grab the ball in 35/45 Seconds and try again..... Otherwise.. That might be a problem.

So pretty much what has been my sneaking suspicion all along. You don't actually know what defense is, Or when to actually use your pull.. Or my favorite.. How any other class actually plays that's not an assassin.

Know what defense actually is? Knocking Off the entire enemy team off the side of a ledge near the goal line, That's defense... Pulling a potential bar carrier off on you only ability when he's no where near the goal isn't defense, Its stupidity and a waste of a cooldown.

If you took out movement enhancements and pull then basically what would start to happen is the Pit turtle. One team simply gives ball to BM geared tank class, he jumps down into pit area near their team spawn, healers heal him, and dps nukes down opposition.

You mean people would have to work together? *GASP*

because you will queue up with equal skill on both sides every time. really?

you're acting like the ball carrier is the only person involved in scoring. sorc/sage/assassins can't do a lot of things other classes can do. So if they don't carry the ball should they be able to do all those things to support the ball carrier? jawa please.

Im sorry but are you a sorc that just want to stop getting "nerfed" in Huttball?

So because there are flaws in matchmaking you should ignore obvious advantages for certain classes over others?

You do know that EVERYTHING a sorc cant do is the things that the other OP class in Huttball can do AKA tanks.

There is a BIG difference in usefulness of the classes in Huttball, deny that and I will ignore anything you say from now on because it will mean your ignorant or stupid. How to fix this is another matter, if removing the mobility abilities from use when holding the ball is a bad idea than suggest another solution?

Not everyone is suppose to be able to do everything in Huttball, get over it. Some classes are better at carrying, some are better at defending. Some get range advantage on the catwalks, some classes can get to the ball quicker, or jump up ledges or do a whole bunch of things. Why does everyone want every class to be the same? is this what mmos have come to? this is suppose to be a team game, work as a team and make sure everyone is doing what their class is suppose to do.

A. Everything you can do on a PT Tank, The other tanks can do better.

B. You're not walking across an entire platform against anyone who's a force user, CAuse you're going to get knocked off.

C. "I've scored by using Jet charge on enemies that just spawned" Welcome to what a Juggy can do, but 10x better, You're also relying on the enemy being an idiot.

D. "I've used Grapple to annoy players while scoring" Welcome to the Tank Assassin, who can do the same... While having Immunity and Force Speed...

In Closing You picking Team B, proves you're an idiot..

Hell, If the statement "We are not ball carriers" doesn't show how moronic being Team B is, then I don't know what is.

Cause if you're not the ball carrier on the Powertech, Who do you think is on Team B.

You think operative/sniper/merc is going to be running the ball?

You really are clueless are you not? Must be for spouting all that nonsense.

A) and thats why I and many other powertechs out do the other tanks easy enough right.

B) really... Sure you get knocked off once in a while but position yourself better and keep an eye out what classes are fighting you and you get knocked off so easy. And no knockbacks arent random in were you fly. This btw is called skill. Take it you lack it.

C) right, spawning is idiotic. If that was the case then pvp should be 1 life only. People see you as the ball carrier and want to stop you so they will move towards you. Using that to your advantage is not the enemy team being idiotic it is you being able to *gasp* think.

D) grapple is arguable the better skill and one of fthe best skills in huttball. So you have immunity... So what? I do too. Its called resolve and a specific skill. Knowing when to use it helps a lot.

Obviously if you think a tank is a ball carrier then your wrong. We arent the main ball carriers. We are defenders. Our job is to guard the ball carrier or the healer and to eritate the enemy so they focus on us instead of them. Running ahead in dangerous situations to catch the ball and score the last feweters etc. thats our job.

so yeah keep complaining and whining, it just shows how bad you are.

*boggle* How you able to breathe, let alone type.

I said force users have an unfair advantage at Huttball, This is true..

The Next part of your post, Is you talking about How Teams of The unfair Force user have to setup to do good..... *grin* Again.. proving you're not paying attention to any previous post.

The other 7 players on the sorcs team are playing Force Users, hence why everyone previous pointed out that it's overpowered for force users in Huttball. You keep talking about defending against the Sorc/Assassin, while completely ignoring the other people on the opposing team killing your members/attacking/pulling/stunning/knockbacks ect ect.

I'm going to skip past your next set of stupid bullet points, Because It really comes down to "You Pull the stealther down before he gets the ball"

congrats.. You just wasted your pull on 1 stealther, Better hope they don't grab the ball in 35/45 Seconds and try again..... Otherwise.. That might be a problem.

So pretty much what has been my sneaking suspicion all along. You don't actually know what defense is, Or when to actually use your pull.. Or my favorite.. How any other class actually plays that's not an assassin.

Know what defense actually is? Knocking Off the entire enemy team off the side of a ledge near the goal line, That's defense... Pulling a potential bar carrier off on you only ability when he's no where near the goal isn't defense, Its stupidity and a waste of a cooldown.

Yet you cry over several posts how assassins and sorcers can run scott free from the last ledge to goal. You are saying it is a waste to defend against the very thing you've been complaining about this whole time...jawa please. A circle is a circle is a circle is a circle is your argument. You listing certain examples of defense except the one I taught you that would fix the problem you have been crying about tells me that you just like to cry just to cry. Wail on my friend, wail on. /pass milk and cookies.

There I fixed your comment for you. Please read my comment before quoting it, and then stating the EXACT thing I said.

where do you get the 17 seconds from?

Any class becomes cc immune from a resolve bar, but resolve immunity isn't a 17s timer.

Not everyone is suppose to be able to do everything in Huttball, get over it. Some classes are better at carrying, some are better at defending. Some get range advantage on the catwalks, some classes can get to the ball quicker, or jump up ledges or do a whole bunch of things. Why does everyone want every class to be the same? is this what mmos have come to? this is suppose to be a team game, work as a team and make sure everyone is doing what their class is suppose to do.

I think that's what everyone is saying..

Hence why we say "Force Users are better at Huttball then non Force users"

Some Classes are better at carrying - Sorcs/Assassins/Juggies > Operatives/PowerTechs/Mercs/Snipers

Some Classes are better at Defending - Sorcs/Assassins/Juggies > Powertechs/operatives Though I say Snipers/Mercs aren't to bad, as they get access to Knockbacks/Roots. Though Sorcs are clearly better then both Mercs/Snipers at defending.

Some Get Range advantage on catwalks - Ehh, Other then Snipers 5 Range, which is pointless on catwalks, pretty much all range is equal.

Some Classes can get to the ball quicker - Force users...

Or Jump up onto the Ledge - Juggies > Powertechs, 2 Charges vs 1.

Bottom Line is, Why does every class have to be the same? They don't..However allowing such an overwhelming advantage to force users over tech users is simply moronic and not the way to balance the game.

For some reason making everyone equal by removing movement abilities while carrying the ball would some how just make it oh so unfair to force users *grin*