New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

Look guys they are fixing the issue did you think it would be an insta fix? They are listening to the community and taking care of us. Thank you Bioware.

Please see

So. I have to wait 11 days before I can play because I get sick when I do.

In essence, I payed for a month's worth of time and ended up being unable to play for a full 15 days of that time.

Great.

I want a refund.

and the MANY other posts about it. Yeah BW is really taking care of them. :confused:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please see

and the MANY other posts about it. Yeah BW is really taking care of them. :confused:

I did. so see my post. I lol at those who expected and insta fix. Should they miss game time? No but if the game makes them sick they have to. They are taking them into account simply by fixing it but it's not an overnight thing they can do.

I did. so see my post. I lol at those who expected and insta fix. Should they miss game time? No but if the game makes them sick they have to. They are taking them into account simply by fixing it but it's not an overnight thing they can do.

You truly believe that it takes them 11 days just to remove/tone down a flashing light effect? They could do a rollback/hotfix etc. And while I could see these things taking a couple days, 11 days is ludicrous. Instead they've decided to ignore those who find the game currently unplayable and work on an entirely new UI overhaul.

Edited by Thesseract

You truly believe that it takes them 11 days just to remove/tone down a flashing light effect? They could do a rollback/hotfix etc. And while I could see these things taking a couple days, 11 days is ludicrous. Instead they've decided to ignore those who find the game currently unplayable and work on an entirely new UI overhaul.

You must not understand coding very well. Rolling back would undo every change that patch did. Also the coding for that is likely intergrated into other codes so simply removing that isn't an option. They are MAKING a solution that applies to EVERYONE not just those affected. Some like the change. Things like this take time. Maybe they can offer reduced prices or something but they certainly aren't ignoring anyone.

I wouldn't say its "unplayable" its' just a lot of things going on with the UI that is frustrating people and they stop dealing with it.

I'm going to try my tainted sun glasses tonight to see if it helps me mitigate the sensation of my eyeballs about to pop.

You must not understand coding very well. Rolling back would undo every change that patch did. Also the coding for that is likely intergrated into other codes so simply removing that isn't an option. They are MAKING a solution that applies to EVERYONE not just those affected. Some like the change. Things like this take time. Maybe they can offer reduced prices or something but they certainly aren't ignoring anyone.

I'm pretty sure if they skip the QA process and add a simple button to disable the flashing, it would take less than two days MAX to get that out and into next patch.

"No, we had more than enough votes to understand the general feeling on this issue early on. In fact, after this post I'm going to close this thread for now - the feedback's been excellent and we're taking that into account, but the purpose of this thread has run its course.

Since late Tuesday the development team has worked on some new code to allow you to select from a variety of new options for the global cooldown. I saw a preview of the changes today and while I know everyone's UI choices are individual, I think most people will like the options presented to them. They're very flexible, and the 'flashing' most have described is now able to be turned off, along with many other optional choices. The team has spent today cleaning up and finalizing the code, and after that it'll go into our QA process.

As this code change has come in 'hot' it was unfortunately too late for us to add it to the build being readied for next week's planned patch (1.1.3, which is now available on the Public Test Server - here are the notes). We also want to ensure it's got some solid QA testing on it, as it's a change that will be seen by everyone playing the game. With all that in mind,

we're currently expecting the changes to be rolled out with patch 1.1.4, which is tentatively scheduled for deployment in the week beginning Monday 20th.

As always, the patch should be on the Public Test Server before that, and when it's available, we encourage everyone to try it out and see the changes made.

Before all that, as we know many of you are interested to see the changes, we're going to give you a sneak preview of those options when the code is finalized and ready to show off. We're working on that now and, fingers crossed, we'll be able to show you something tomorrow." - Stephen Reid

This was off the poll thread[link below.].. so it maybe fixed in two weeks.. maybe.. if the QA is good...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2702348#edit2702348

Edited by JacienOrdo

great they closed my thread Where i asked what do to until new UI release , I did not find it same since here we are discussing effect of new UI. Now what are we suppose to do 2 weeks untill UI release and new ability bar cooldown effect are two very different threads , well whatever :D

anyway back to dev. tracker. I found it most ridiculous that we had no feedback whatsever in question of ppl getting sick from BW.Nor explonation why such a change has been done lol.

Also today patch could have include small UI fix and stop flashing.

I want to play this game badly but BW is giving me lots of reason why quit forever.

Edited by Feanor_cz

Wear sunglasses instant fix or turn your gamma/screen brightness down

Complaining about a flashy ui in a flashy game

Full of flashy bright animations makes sense

So for you the entire game is as dark as the toolbars get and every effect is as bright as the light that covers them? Everything is this heavily contrasted and in this kind of fixed location?

I've cancelled and will be lurking until this is fixed, but seriously I've read this "what about other effects" stuff to much.

Edited by Ruhx

Wear sunglasses instant fix or turn your gamma/screen brightness down

Complaining about a flashy ui in a flashy game

Full of flashy bright animations makes sense

As with making love, sometimes it depends on how it is done, not that it is done.

great they closed my thread Where i asked what do to until new UI release , I did not find it same since here we are discussing effect of new UI. Now what are we suppose to do 2 weeks untill UI release and new ability bar cooldown effect are two very different threads , well whatever :D

anyway back to dev. tracker. I found it most ridiculous that we had no feedback whatsever in question of ppl getting sick from BW.Nor explonation why such a change has been done lol.

Also today patch could have include small UI fix and stop flashing.

I want to play this game badly but BW is giving me lots of reason why quit forever.

Of course their not going to react

Why would they it's just kids complaining

About a flashy bright ui in a game full of bright flashy animations

How could they or anyone take this seriously

Seriously, they can't just rollback the UI changes until they have a set of "options" available? They won't have this set ready to rollout until the 20th? Tentatively? So they can hotfix one screwup but can't hotfix another? I was planning to start my first round of serious tanking tonight but neon crap is going to mess up my rotation.

I get a headache/nausea too from the "dark then flashing gcd", so I too cannot play (combat) but I'm being patient, not playing until that is fixed so I can play unimpeded... there are other things we can do too, like space combat missions or crafting stuff....

I understand why they can't do a rollback, as a lot of people do like the change, so it would be like giving them all lollipops and then taking them away!

I don't think $15 a month is very much money, especially considering I bought a digital and hard copy and a new computer just to get this game playing nicely. I had problems downloading on my slow connection and then corrupt files too.

Also, I spend $15 a DAY on crap that lasts me a DAY, so I wouldn't even dream of asking for a refund.

For those of us with these problems, we just need to be patient, maybe find something else to do, and wait for a couple weeks... UO is still my go-to game when I'm bored or can't play other games. :)

I get a headache/nausea too from the "dark then flashing gcd", so I too cannot play (combat) but I'm being patient, not playing until that is fixed so I can play unimpeded... there are other things we can do too, like space combat missions or crafting stuff....

I understand why they can't do a rollback, as a lot of people do like the change, so it would be like giving them all lollipops and then taking them away!

I don't think $15 a month is very much money, especially considering I bought a digital and hard copy and a new computer just to get this game playing nicely. I had problems downloading on my slow connection and then corrupt files too.

Also, I spend $15 a DAY on crap that lasts me a DAY, so I wouldn't even dream of asking for a refund.

For those of us with these problems, we just need to be patient, maybe find something else to do, and wait for a couple weeks... UO is still my go-to game when I'm bored or can't play other games. :)

For me the refund is less about the actual money and more about the principal. They broke something, and now refuse to fix it in a timely manner.

It feels like I paid money to rent a car. The car broke down, and the company is telling me it will take two weeks to repair but I still have to pay for use of the car for those two weeks.

Edited by Thesseract

For the reading is a chore, it does not affect me you baby/whiner etc crowd. Let me set this in plain English...

The combat effects are spread out in the main focal point of the screen, toning down the bloom and other lighting in the settings mutes and washes it out a great deal... besides being in the main focal area of the screen, also they do not override the main gama and brightness settings causing a peripheral flash at a 1-1.5 second interval.

The bar flash it is a white or blueish white (both contrasting colors to everything else) not really controlled by the over all game settings. Having to turn the overall gama and brightness settings making dark enough to strain to see the actual game...Secondary the tiles are darkened to pointless button mashing increasing the flashing strobe effect. See the horrible cycle? More strobe more eye strain. Adding a strobe like affect is a big no no anyways.

It is a known effect of strobe lights, and some of us do have issues on bright days the natural strobe effect of shadow and light. It being real life we deal with it, but paying for it for abuse is another.

But since it does not affect you, you say "you must have a hard time driving." Some of us do and you spout more ignorant crap of "Go see a DOCTOR!!" wow brainiac HOW do you think we have found out about our photo sensitive reactions?

No of course you don't since it does not affect you it must not be real.... nice head in the sand mentality that caused rl unneeded death and suffering through out history.. It does not affect you there for must not be real.

So instead of going "hmm there might be something to this..." you say qq more, adapt to it etc. posting more short sided ignorant comments thinking it is over blown and funny.

Glad mine and others physical discomfort gives you actual joy...

I am so glad your special snowflake little microverse has never hit a hiccup and caused you any discomfort..

I have poor eyesight and take a medication that makes me photosensitive. This game was fine until the patch had the flashing start.

I've never before had a physiological response to a video game before this current situation arose.

Not everyone responds the same to this type of stimulus.

I don't want to spoil anyones game. I just wish Bioware would simply offer an option to kill the blasted flashing on my end.

I don't see why a simple separately down-loadable patch to my client couldn't kill this game killing effect for me and other suffering from it. I don't see why this would necessitate any game downtime either if done with a client side patch.

(Reposted from recently closed thread)

I actually have excellent eye sight. I'm also not photo sensitive. I'm in a job classification that requires a rather thorough physical on an extremely regular basis and photo sensitivity is one of the myriad of things tested for (again and again and again). Oh and guess what? The current UI makes me sick.

Edited by Keta

"No, we had more than enough votes to understand the general feeling on this issue early on. In fact, after this post I'm going to close this thread for now - the feedback's been excellent and we're taking that into account, but the purpose of this thread has run its course.

Since late Tuesday the development team has worked on some new code to allow you to select from a variety of new options for the global cooldown. I saw a preview of the changes today and while I know everyone's UI choices are individual, I think most people will like the options presented to them. They're very flexible, and the 'flashing' most have described is now able to be turned off, along with many other optional choices. The team has spent today cleaning up and finalizing the code, and after that it'll go into our QA process.

As this code change has come in 'hot' it was unfortunately too late for us to add it to the build being readied for next week's planned patch (1.1.3, which is now available on the Public Test Server - here are the notes). We also want to ensure it's got some solid QA testing on it, as it's a change that will be seen by everyone playing the game. With all that in mind,

we're currently expecting the changes to be rolled out with patch 1.1.4, which is tentatively scheduled for deployment in the week beginning Monday 20th.

As always, the patch should be on the Public Test Server before that, and when it's available, we encourage everyone to try it out and see the changes made.

Before all that, as we know many of you are interested to see the changes, we're going to give you a sneak preview of those options when the code is finalized and ready to show off. We're working on that now and, fingers crossed, we'll be able to show you something tomorrow." - Stephen Reid

This was off the poll thread[link below.].. so it maybe fixed in two weeks.. maybe.. if the QA is good...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2702348#edit2702348

"We also want to ensure it's got some solid QA testing on it, as it's a change that will be seen by everyone playing the game."

Like how the same QA testing went into the last UI change? You should have rolled back the untested crap you gave us and then you can have a QA on the up coming changes. I'm not buying it, nor am I going to continue to pay for it. Awsome game, loved every minute of it, but it's completely unplayable for me so what's the point in paying while i wait. You got this, WZ points not being awarded, reduced graphic, and even health related issue due to the UI changes. I mean wow? It's like flash backs to SWG all over again.

The only thing that could help is if you refund a portion of the monthly fee during this time you QA the UI change. Otherwise, coming back will be unlikely since there is so much out there to play now.

Account Canceled.

For me the refund is less about the actual money and more about the principal. They broke something, and now refuse to fix it in a timely manner.

It feels like I paid money to rent a car. The car broke down, and the company is telling me it will take two weeks to repair but I still have to pay for use of the car for those two weeks.

Anyway, there is a disclaimer about monthly fees that we all agreed to. Afaik, all games or products/programs with a monthly fee have basically the same disclaimer.

Do i really have to wait two weeks before you fix the broken GCD animation? I don't need fancy customization options, i only need to see which abilities are ready after GCD. As a Juggernaut i am under GCD constantly and all my abilities are blacked out. Being not able to predict my next possible abilities has ruined the whole class for me. How hard can it be to not black out abilities with enough rage to cast? This was already working before game update 1.1.2. and now it is broken.

I really love SWTOR, but i don't want to wait two weeks before my play style is supported again. I'm not even sure if BW did understand this problem > Subscription canceled.

Do i really have to wait two weeks before you fix the broken GCD animation? I don't need fancy customization options, i only need to see which abilities are ready after GCD. As a Juggernaut i am under GCD constantly and all my abilities are blacked out. Being not able to predict my next possible abilities has ruined the whole class for me. How hard can it be to not black out abilities with enough rage to cast? This was already working before game update 1.1.2. and now it is broken.

I really love SWTOR, but i don't want to wait two weeks before my play style is supported again. I'm not even sure if BW did understand this problem > Subscription canceled.

BioWare releasing the UI in the state it's in is literally proof that they do zero internal testing.. it's almost as if they don't want us to play this game. Now they're telling us to wait 2-3 weeks? Mind-boggling. I've never seen such mis-handling of a game in my life.

He doesn't care RedShirtFail. They lawyered up as soon as the first report of sickness came in when they realized the minimal feedback they'd gotten was negative. That was obvious, at least to me, from the beginning of this. I had hoped though that Mr. Reid would have done what's right and at least said something ... 2 days ago about issue.

Anyway, there is a disclaimer about monthly fees that we all agreed to. Afaik, all games or products/programs with a monthly fee have basically the same disclaimer.

Thankyou Mr. Lawyer,

I am not claiming I am legally entitled to a refund in anyway. Just saying that any decent business that actual gives a damn about their customers would provide one.

Do I think Bioware will actually give me one - not likely. But they took my money and my game away. All I have left is my voice.

Edited by Thesseract

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.