How to beat Jicoln Coldera???

Fodobinks

for the BH mission Honor and Glory..last part fighting Jicoln Coldera..umm..honestly I was so stunned (literally) by his Rapid spamming rockets and then getting hit from like 30-40 yds away by his shoulder slam that did over 6k damage that I completely froze. I mean in less than a second my companion and I were dead. I'm even level on this mission. So how did you guys deal with him??

I'm a merc btw so don't tell me how you tanked him cause I won't believe it lol..

at one point he knocked me so high in the air i landed on the tent and then he continued spamming his missiles till i was dead..

All in all he has killed me prob ten times now in like less than 6 sec total lol..I know i probably suck at this game but there has to be some way other than outleveling this crap to beat it??

I kited him. Just ran all around the area, LOSing him, using medpacks and Kolto Overload whenever I could. For the most part, I could only really use ranged instants (not my strong point as a Shieldtech), since I was constantly on the run and I didn't want him getting close. But when he did, he got a Rocket Punch for his troubles and then I was running away again.

I tried to tank him on my first try... that didn't go so well. I did the kiting thing on my second try. It took a while, but eventually I whittled him down and he dropped.

I didn't even know you could use a companion at the time. And, to be honest, a companion might just be a liability here, as it gives you one more thing to worry about.

I'm not sure how well that strategy would work for a Merc, though.

This post has been edited several times as I remembered more details.

Edited by nateslice

I can't say I really noticed, he was one more elite in a string of elites that Mako and my merc pounded.

Did you try using your defensive cooldowns? Take a bit of damage and start hitting your energy shield, kolto overload, wait for him to start a cast and stun him, etc?

If it gets real bad try to be near something like a tree or a crate, then when he starts casting you hide behind it. I hear it works well to avoid the big hits.

Just pop up defensive shield + kolto overload. Then when you get to 30% hp or so use electro dart and heal yourself in the meanwhile (should have time for a rapid scan + the instant one whatever it's name is). Furthermore you can activate the Heroic moment thingie which gives 3% hp/second for 1 minute for both you and mako. Also vent heat can heal you if you got the kolto vents talent.

I did it first time as a PT, so it'll probably be a bit different but this is how i did it....

I used Mako, as she can heal you (helps a lot i know)

I stocked up on a SH*TTON of medipacs and stims (mostly aim as my armour stacks endurance)

make sure your companion is geared enough to keep up healing

This is where it gets tricky - For myself i had my electrodart and interrupts hotkeyed, and i varied between the two on his rockets. When both were down i would LoS and wait for the 8 second interrupt to come back up (with the 4 second stoppage of casting rockets after interrupt its only a 4 second interrupt cd)

I also had all my PT cooldowns ready for proc, and i only had to use one medipac.

I was also 3 levels beneath as i hated taris and wanted to leave ASAP.

Only advice i have for you is to keep your medpacs, interrupts and stuns ready to go quickly at all times and you should be fine. If not find another BH and get them to help (enable group assist in class quests in your preferances)

BKN

Can't say for Merc, I'm a PT specced as Shield Tech, and had just over 10k health when I fought him. I kited him around from time to time simply because it's hard to stand near him with his knockbacks. LOS is very useful.

I fought him as a 39PT with Mako and straight tanked him. He finished off Mako and took me down to around 15% before he fell. I hadn't had any trouble with mobs in heroics on Talis, but this guys rocket spam was a pain. Edited by Rhyne-

Something else noone mentioned. Heroic Moment: On the Trail. Electro Dart him early on and hit On the Trail, then sometime shortly after he is unstunned you can re-Electro Dart.

Use ALL of your cooldowns. Use your relic, use an adrenal if you have one, hit your sheild, hit kolto overload, put a stim on, use a medpac, bring a healer(Mako). This provides you with a severe amount of tools to solo content.

Edited by StevenStarkill

Funny. I did this as a 37 tank spec PT (Biochem, if anyone cares) with Torian, no problems. Didn't have to blow many of my cd's (I think I only had to pop a medpac), just put my back to a wall so he couldn't open the range and interrupted his missiles. Don't think I dropped below ~40%.

I figured Torian would want in on this one for story reasons, so I used him. Like everyone's said, use your cooldowns, and don't be afraid to pop your shield and heal for a bit. If you have a DPSer with you, the damage doesn't even have to stop then, because you're just turtle-tanking for your companion. All that extra damage is great to have.

Also, if you're going to electro-dart+heal, maybe look for a particularly good thing to interrupt? You should be familiar with his hard hitters by now. Stop him from using one.

I figured Torian would want in on this one for story reasons, so I used him. Like everyone's said, use your cooldowns, and don't be afraid to pop your shield and heal for a bit. If you have a DPSer with you, the damage doesn't even have to stop then, because you're just turtle-tanking for your companion. All that extra damage is great to have.

Also, if you're going to electro-dart+heal, maybe look for a particularly good thing to interrupt? You should be familiar with his hard hitters by now. Stop him from using one.

For unknown reasons, I had issues with using Torian. I think it was because my RAM was bad, and the game loaded before the loading screen finished. Ergo, we were killed before I could see. I swiched to Gault and got a different cutscene. I kited him, while Gault shot the **** outta him. I resummoned Torian after the fight, and no problems :3

This thread had me a little worried about him but did it last night @ L35 no problem. ST specced PT and used Mako for the heals.

I just tried to stay in his grill, got knocked back a few times and saved my interrupt & stun for when he started casting the missiles. I ended the battle at pretty much full health. I did also have all of Mako's non healing abilities turned off & I've tried to keep her decently decked out in mostly up to par equipment for what it's worth.

Timing the interrupts I think likely made the biggest difference for me, the knockbacks were annoying but I never let him get off more than just a couple of missles per cast of that barrage he does. I'm glad I read this thread first though or I probably wouldn't have expected the missiles and likely been chewed up.

**edit - I did use all my cooldowns too though

Edited by Spankenstyne