Alot people forget that this game is new...

Bobbergs

LOL, you crack me up!

So, there should never ever ever be updates to any game you buy? You want day 1 SW with whatever they put in it then, and that's it! Right? Might work for a single player game, but an MMO?

Your views fail, my friend. fail!

My god your dim, you fail so badly its not comical anymore. do you see where i said tv and not mmo, try that again tv, tv tv tv tv. has it sunk in yet.

This is an mmo, we dont buy this type of game and then pay subs for nothing, we pay subs for continued development of the game. If you goto the shops and buy this mmo you look at what it has compared to what will be at the side of it, another mmo. If your subscribing to an mmo you should have the common sense to look into what your subscribing too.

So tell me anywhere on this site, the games box, dev posts that it states anywhere it has in right now anything you say is missing at this moment in time ?

Edited by Shingara

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tell me anywhere on this site, the games box, dev posts that it states anywhere it has in right now anything you say is missing at this moment in time ?

I'll start you off: dev blogs saying they'd drop the "kill ten boars" style quests. They're rife in TOR.

Im saying that when i buy something i compare it to something like it, if i buy a tv i compare it to the tv at the side of it, I also read what the tv has, if it has what i want i buy it. I dont buy a tv and expect the people who make it to come to my house later and say hi we thought that you might want this in 3d so we are going to upgrade it for you.

Correct. I did my due diligence and came to the conclusion that the game is worth my time and money for now. I'm arguing that Bioware has a very short window of opportunity to improve on aspects of the game that are lacking, much less so than the seven years Blizzard had to develop these features in WoW, which is what the Original Topic of this thread is all about.

I only pointed out that you were claiming that players who compare SWTOR to other games are being unrealistic, but based on your latest comment, I don't think you truly believe that.

As for the 'coming in to add features to my TV', that's what Bioware charges us $15/month for. New content. That new content needs to be significant if the game wants to retain it's subscription base.

Edited by Zannis

Where are the boars, technically they arnt lieing.

Are you saying, "They said they'd drop the 'kill ten boars' style quests, but there are no boars, so it's okay that there are 'kill ten skrimpts' style quests and 'kill ten tooth fairies' style quests and 'kill ten Lords-a-Leaping' style quests, because they're technically not lying because there's no boars."

That's your argument?

I really must be taking that out of context.

Ha, cute. You know exactly what it meant, don't play the literal game.

OK, i said it in jest anyhows, but they dont have the collect 10 rats tails from rats that aparently only have 1 tail between 20 rats that are predominante in all quests. There are only so many ways you can create a leveling process for grinding xp and i think they have done a good job of it. We can get xp through pvp and space alongside the class quests and zone quests. on the whole the quests and talking with npcs is very good and brings you right into the story.

I know peeps complain about it and just tab through it but on other games its here read this wall of text that we know you arnt going to read, think and feel nothing of why your doing this and just go kill something and then come back.

Edited by Shingara

OK, i said it in jest anyhows, but the dont have they collect 10 rats tails from rats that aparently only have 1 tail between 20 rats. There are only so many ways you can create a leveling process for grinding xp and i think they have done a good job of it. We can get xp through pvp and space alongside the class quests and zone quests. on the whole the quests and talking with npcs is very good and brings you right into the story.

I know peeps complain about it and just tab through it but on other games its here read this wall of text that we know you arnt going to read, think and feel nothing of why your doing this and just go kill something and then come back.

None of that matters when they were boasting about how the quests weren't going to be generic "KILL FIFTY KOBOLDS AND COLLECT THEIR CANDLES" - oh boy, now it's "KILL FIFTY IMPERIAL SOLDIERS AND COLLECT THEIR HELMETS". Doesn't matter how much voice acting I get before and after, it's still a boring chore.

None of that matters when they were boasting about how the quests weren't going to be generic "KILL FIFTY KOBOLDS AND COLLECT THEIR CANDLES" - oh boy, now it's "KILL FIFTY IMPERIAL SOLDIERS AND COLLECT THEIR HELMETS". Doesn't matter how much voice acting I get before and after, it's still a boring chore.

But what quests have that which arnt bonus quests, are you forced todo bonus quests and are they vital for being the correct lvl.

Correct. I did my due diligence and came to the conclusion that the game is worth my time and money for now. I'm arguing that Bioware has a very short window of opportunity to improve on aspects of the game that are lacking, much less so than the seven years Blizzard had to develop these features in WoW, which is what the Original Topic of this thread is all about.

I only pointed out that you were claiming that players who compare SWTOR to other games are being unrealistic, but based on your latest comment, I don't think you truly believe that.

As for the 'coming in to add features to my TV', that's what Bioware charges us $15/month for. New content. That new content needs to be significant if the game wants to retain it's subscription base.

I never claimed that people comparing swtor to other games were being unrealistic, where did i once state that ?

But what quests have that which arnt bonus quests, are you forced todo bonus quests and are they vital for being the correct lvl.

No one's 'forced' to do these bonus quests, but when there are 40 hostiles between you and your objective that cannot be avoided, well, then it's only 'optional' if you play a class that can stealth.

I never claimed that people comparing swtor to other games were being unrealistic, where did i once state that ?

"PS when have bioware ever come out and professed anything about what this game should have compared to anything ?, its only the playerbase doing that."

Edited by Zannis

The game doesn't hold a gun to your temple and force you to do bonus quests, but considering the mobs required for bonus quests are - nine times out of ten - infested in the main quest area, it's heavily implied you should do it anyway. And plenty of regular quests just tell you to kill someone and collect an item, same difference.

No one's 'forced' to do these bonus quests, but when there are 40 hostiles between you and your objective that cannot be avoided, well, then it's only 'optional' if you play a class that can stealth.

And thats why they are bonus quest, you could kite around them, stealth through them, but not only do you get xp per kill for doing what you would half the time have todo to get to your quests you also get xp ontop of it equal to a quest for completing the bonus quest or orange or relevent items for you char.

"PS when have bioware ever come out and professed anything about what this game should have compared to anything ?, its only the playerbase doing that."

Yes, bioware, when have bioware. what does that have todo with players. SWTOR does exactly what it says on the tin.

Edited by Shingara

And thats why they are bonus quest, you could kite around them, stealth through them, but not only do you get xp per kill for doing what you would half the time have todo to get to your quests you also get xp ontop of it equal to a quest for completing the bonus quest or orange or relevent items for you char.

Exactly - why would you bother skipping them? This is how they're not even worth being "bonus" quests, because 99% of the time, you'll do them because you more or less have to.

The game being new doesn't really change the fact that it got the basics wrong in so many ways. I don't dislike the game, but WoW kept me paying for 2 years....this game will get 1 month. Which is downright depressing since I love Bioware storytelling, choices and Star Wars. Gameplay and MMO aspects are both flawed in their concept.

Exactly - why would you bother skipping them? This is how they're not even worth being "bonus" quests, because 99% of the time, you'll do them because you more or less have to.

You can skip them if you want but your arguing they are too good to pass up and thus are at fault ?

lol

You guys with your cars and your tv nonsense

The difference is you knew what the game was. Anyone who preordered played the game. You saw what it was.

How were you understanding it any differently?

Did you imagine that some time before last beta and release the whole game was magically going to become something different? And all of the features that you hoped for (that werent in the game or even mentioned about in any dev content) would just be there?

Basic functionality of the UI? are you kidding. Do you honestly exect anyone to believe that because you cant move a window from one corner to another the UI doesnt function?

All the features in previous mmo should automatically be in new mmos. this one topped the cake for me.

I have played a ton of mmo over the years and I do not recall any game with the quantity of garbage addon that wow produced. Taking aside act (which no game company released by the way for their game) and 2 other games I can remember that had some sort of threat meter where are all these game with all these addons?

The fact is you complainers are fans of wow, and thats it and you want other game to be just like it.

I dont blame you it was the easiest and most convenient game released (well it came to be, it wasnt like that until post BC) and now you think somehow they are industry standards lol

So go on making your car and tv and other nonsensical attempt at comparison

You played what you saw, if you dont like it, dont play it, if you do like do. It is really that simple

And finally for a few posters who I laos loled at, if you think for one second that bw thought they were going to compete with wow 2 months out of the gate you are just ridiculous and beyond reason

And I will give you a real comparison. I work for an auction company. The company is now 4 months old. Do you think at any point in time that we said well this year we are going to put ebay or sotheby out of business? absolutely not. Get some logic people

I agree. It is okay to like this game, it is okay to hate this game. You can whine all you want about the features, but if BW says they do not want to implement it, you know that is okay too.

"Different strokes for different folks".

I love the way they have their GTN set up. Yes it could use a general search box, but I love everything else about it. I HATED WoW's AH, I just HATED it. I had to get a bunch of add-ons to make it bearable.

I love the UI in this game, and I love the STOCK WoW UI just fine. I do not know why people need to mod it or if it is not customizable, the game will automatically fail. Out of all the MMOs I have played, I have never changed the default UI.

This was never meant to be a WoW killer. They never said anywhere that it would be. And frankly, no game will ever be a WoW killer, not even Blizzard's Titan, unless they severely cripple WoW like they are doing with Pandas and Pokemon.

To those that say it needs to compete because you will see both boxes in the store and NEED to compare them: No you do not.

You like Star Wars? Get ToR

You like Fantasy? Get WoW

I doubt a person that hates every aspect of WoW will say "...but hey it has the LFD tool so I will buy that instead!"

They are two completely different targets. SOME might play both, but their target audience is mostly KOTOR/Star Wars/Bioware fans NOT WoW fans.

You can skip them if you want but your arguing they are too good to pass up and thus are at fault ?

There's no point in skipping them. There's no advantage to doing so. You get a fairly good reward for doing them. By those means, they're more or less just a smaller extension of the main quest, a tedious one that you have to begrudgingly complete because not doing so will just slow you down.

so how they test thing for the lwoer zone then ? easiest way is to make lower lvl chars and force poeple to lvl through them to look for errros, i do not see it happen that a lvl 50 goes back to hutta,korriban or the like to see if a minor bug was fixed. I yet to see a reason why combat log are needed. i gone from 1-50 done every quest,heroic and flashpoint and never had a real issue where" geez i wish i know who doing what so i can kick someone" 99% of the time it been someone not canncleing a boss move,standing in fire set up, or just not paying attention. tonight starting my ops run to see how they doing there.

Which is why the first 20 levels of this game are very smooth and bug-free, but the bugs increase in frequency as you level.

If you want us to test ALL aspects of the game, you need to provide us with the tools to do so.

There's no point in skipping them. There's no advantage to doing so. You get a fairly good reward for doing them. By those means, they're more or less just a smaller extension of the main quest, a tedious one that you have to begrudgingly complete because not doing so will just slow you down.

Not really, you could skip them and get through main quests faster, the bonus zones will easily make up for not doing bonus missions. I have yet to complete a bonus mission on my scoundrel simply because she stealths through everything and never fights anything she doesnt need to.

Which is why the first 20 levels of this game are very smooth and bug-free, but the bugs increase in frequency as you level.

If you want us to test ALL aspects of the game, you need to provide us with the tools to do so.

This i agree with, they need to implement a copy char system to the ptr so that all patches are tested not just by the people dedicated to speed leveling on the ptr but to all the playerbase that wishes to help bioware to test and find bugs within the patches across all relevent lvl bands.

Not really, you could skip them and get through main quests faster, the bonus zones will easily make up for not doing bonus missions. I have yet to complete a bonus mission on my scoundrel simply because she stealths through everything and never fights anything she doesnt need to.

It's extra XP, extra loot. Nothing unappealing about that.