Advanced classes are dumb as hell

Tonstaz

I don't understand why I had to spend the time grinding out to lvl 10 with my friend, just to REDO the entire procedure because I cannot respect my Advanced class and realized it wasn't for me. Yea, I understand you can't go from a rouge to a mage in any other MMO, but seriously... Just let us pick at level 1 ffs.... Literally 0 benefit from doing it this way since you don't get a REAL feel for your class untill much later ANYWAY, I don't get why we wait untill 10.

Another 5-6 hours of my life wasted on an MMO because of some stupid implementation that made no sense. Glad I spent 65$ on this yesterday... (50+sub)

I don't understand why I had to spend the time grinding out to lvl 10 with my friend, just to REDO the entire procedure because I cannot respect my Advanced class and realized it wasn't for me.

When you make your class there are buttons you can click on to see what roles will be available at level 10.

http://www.youtube.com/user/swtheoldrepublic?feature=g-all-u#p/u/2/5Ywe6kJEYTc

Your not redoing anything....your the same class, its just that there are different trees/things you can use. Theres nothing changed except for abilities, and possible weapon differences. So you actually do get a feel for the class before lvl 10. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't understand why I had to spend the time grinding out to lvl 10 with my friend, just to REDO the entire procedure because I cannot respect my Advanced class and realized it wasn't for me. Yea, I understand you can't go from a rouge to a mage in any other MMO, but seriously... Just let us pick at level 1 ffs.... Literally 0 benefit from doing it this way since you don't get a REAL feel for your class untill much later ANYWAY, I don't get why we wait untill 10.

Another 5-6 hours of my life wasted on an MMO because of some stupid implementation that made no sense. Glad I spent 65$ on this yesterday... (50+sub)

5-6 hrs? what are you doing? I get from 1-10 in less than 2 hrs...

seeing as you can't figure out how to post in the right forum I can understand how Advance Classes are still a mystery to you.

Well I'll try to make it have a place here.

What do you guys think of ACs with respect to SW lore?

Jedi and Sith have always just been whatever they wanted to be. I understood for the sake of RPGs that they had to be narrowed down to classes, but I personally feel based off the books/movies that Jedi Knights are just that and the same goes for Sith Lords.

No consulars, or sentinels, or assassins, or sages, or whatever.

But once again, I understand why the limits were placed in this game.

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think of ACs with respect to SW lore?

I think my Jedi should be able to cut down everyone else easily. Vader blocked blaster fire with his hand.

Following Star Wars lore too closely wouldn't make for a very good game.

OK, let's take it one part at a time...

...because I cannot respect my Advanced class and realized it wasn't for me.

Well, I assume you are new to the game, but you could have read the forums, watched game-play videos, talked to people in-game and on the forums about the classes... or learn through trial and error... which is human, and looks like you did.

Yea, I understand you can't go from a rouge to a mage in any other MMO, but seriously... Just let us pick at level 1 ffs....

so you know other MMOs don't do it... but this one be darned because of it? Do you also bash them on their forums because of it?

Literally 0 benefit from doing it this way since you don't get a REAL feel for your class untill much later ANYWAY, I don't get why we wait untill 10.

You say you just picked up the game, yet you know you don't get a 'REAL feel for your class untill much later ANYWAY'. Hmm. Anyway, it is part of the story, and it allows you to learn the basics of control and missions and the game (think tutorial) before you pick the advanced class you will be.

so... because you made a choice.. and didn't like it, you blame someone else? I sense great things for you in the future.

Anyway, it is only a few hours to re-roll to 10. What, you never watched a stupid movie that stole a couple hours of your life? Never got stuck in traffic for a few hours? Never waited for an airplane that doesn't arrive? Yeah, life is full of 'wasted' time. Most pick themselves up and go on.

by the way, welcome to the game. It is rather good when you get down to it.

Edited by skinthinner

so you know other MMOs don't do it... but this one be darned because of it? Do you also bash them on their forums because of it?

You dramatically missed his point there. Reread the part where he says "Just let us pick at level 1 ffs" You see, unlike other poster's, he's not asking for an advanced class change, he's asking that core classes like Trooper, Knight, Guardian and Smuggler be removed, in favor of rolling your advanced class at level 1.

Now, he wouldn't rage against other games because other games don't have this 'advanced class' system and they do let your choose your class and level as your class from level 1.

Hope that clears things up.