I heard you liked accuracy rating...

Hypernetic

Seriously, what is with the piss poor itemization in this game? Why is rakata tank gear stacked with accuracy? It's a down grade over columi... The only solution is to rip the mods/enhancments out of my columi and stuff them in my rakata gear, which seems a bit silly.

This isn't a bug, it's just really stupid game design.

Edited by Hypernetic

Seriously, what is with the piss poor itemization in this game? Why is rakata tank gear stacked with accuracy? It's a down grade over columi... The only solution is to rip the mods/enhancments out of my columi and stuff them in my rakata gear, which seems a bit silly.

This isn't a bug, it's just really stupid game design.

Then its a perfect fit for this game.

I had to rip all the alacrity mods out of my gear and replace with surge/crit mods.

You wouldn't have to if they actually implemented alacrity in a good way. When you have to manage your energy, alacrity isn't good. When a lot of your skills/spells are 1.5 seconds, the global cooldown is 1.5 seconds, and alacrity does not reduce the gcd, then alacrity is isn't good.

To make alacrity an attractive stat it should increase energy regen and it should also reduce the gcd.

There was no ulterior motive on devs' behalf. they just slapped stats on gear without playing their own game in-depth. the idea of gearing your rakata is cunning but I am not sure it's a deliberate design. alacrity for troopers is so wasted that it's a pain to destroy enhancement for an inferior one but which gives a better performance.

Almost convinced, lol.

There is simply no way they are eating their own dogfood or their would be no itemization problems this significant after 7 years of development.

In good MMOs people ***** that devs only care about end game because honestly that is all they have been playing for years and years. This game feels like it was designed by 100's of conference calls.

I'm almost convinced the developers don't even play thier own game.

If they do its very casual gameplay and with 0 pvp at all. All it would take is 3 matches in a row of 12v8(known exploit since beta) and they would squashed that exploit the next day, some servers this exploit is used every single match completely destroying the fun factor. If they had to pvp for hours to finish their daily or didn't get to finish because 7 of their wins didn't count that bug would have been fixed 2 months ago.

Bioware is grossly negligent when it comes to problems in this game. They need to hotfix like every other AAA MMO developer.

I wish they'd spent less time looking at other MMOs, and more time trying to think up their own way of doing things.

Actually, WoW had this same problem early on. Then they fixed it.

Looking at other MMOs is fine, particularly successful ones that are excellent games like WoW. Looking at WoW five years ago and emulating that, warts and all, is the problem with this game. It's not that it's emulating WoW, it's that it's emulating WoW circa 1.x to 2.x.

I could understand some of the arguments you guys are making if the columi gear also suffered from the same itemization issues, but it doesn't.

Columi tank gear is itemized for tanking. The mods/enhancements in columi gear are straight up better than the ones in rakata even with their lower item level. Why is this? They have two defensive stats on them instead of half of one and 51 accuracy.

There is zero excuse for poor itemization. If the intention was to have you put mods that drop in hard modes in the gear you also only get from hard modes (rakata pieces) then the mods should simply be better, not better itemized.

It's terrible game design and further proof that they spent very little time working on end game. As much as I'd like to go off on a tangent about that, I'm going to keep this on topic and about itemization.

I'd really like to get a dev response or something as to why tank gear is full of accuracy. Do they not even understand how their own stats work?