How do you beat a sentinel 1v1?

Azesino

Any spec/strat to be able to beat a sentinel assuming equal gear/skill?

This class has been owning my sorc lately, I am champion with almost full champion gear and still get owned by sents. My spec is 0-23-18

Ty

Something with Creeping Terror or force bending heals.

Any spec/strat to be able to beat a sentinel assuming equal gear/skill?

This class has been owning my sorc lately, I am champion with almost full champion gear and still get owned by sents. My spec is 0-23-18

Ty

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but if the Mara/Sent is halfway competent and Bleed(Annihilation) spec, you will not win.

If they're Rage and/or Carnage spec, there are a few tips/tricks.

1> Know which charge they're using on you. Only Force Charge includes the immobilize effect, whereas Obliterate does not. I always save my overload for the Force Charge, so that I can knock them away while I'm rooted.

2> Save Force Slow for Obliterate charge. About 95% of the time when a sent/mara charges me, I'll knockback and they immediately obliterate right back to me. If you're paying attention, you can generally get a Force Slow on them in midair, and already be moving from where they land by the time they get there.

3> Stun into WW. In a 1v1, they will ALWAYS use stun break on the first major stun.

In order to basically reset the fight, you can Electrocute, let him stun break, and insta WW him for full duration while you heal up etc. One thing to keep in mind when doing this is that you shouldn't spend the 8 seconds running away, make sure you get yourself healed up and pre-shielded, as he'll charge you as soon as the ww wears off, so running doesn't help much anyhow.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more specific questions or want to talk shop

Many thx for the nice answer, so if hes anhi its a loss damn

Nah, I am not really sure how you are losing to them with 0-23-18. Their dps output is horrendous if they are annihilation specced because they have no way to stick on you for any length of time.

If they charge you, slow, knockback and own their face. Their charge is on a 12 second cooldown, plenty of time for you to do a lot of damage.

If they pop their damage immunities, just CC them and wait it out or force speed away and reset the fight. They have a single gap closer and no hard CC, so its not terribly difficult to kite them around.

Look at it this way: you have 6 CC's as a sorc (shield blind, overload + root, force slow, whirlwind, stun, slow on FL channel). Plus you have force speed. Maras have 1 gap closer, and 10s of 80% run speed on 2.5 min cooldown. You can outkite them any day of the week.

Carnage spec has a few more roots, but less damage immunities and less rage generation, so they're easier yet.

Edited by Ashnazg

I use http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201Zfc0rzMrZcMcRsrzb.1

19/22

Assuming the Sentinel/Marauder is competent you want to CC him ASAP and run!

After that I find a area to line of site, if you are in an open space don't bother just run back to your team.

If you are confident in your skills, and have been playing for many hours -hundreds- and have razer sharp reflexes and can accurately predict exactly what the Sentinel/Marauder will do then you know to force him to blow his CC break ability+mitigation ability and once he used healing consumables and is below 50% you can win!

tl;dr

You need to out skill the person playing the Sentinel by a good margin and you need to be a super pro with razor sharp reflexes.

Edited by Cempa

31 madness. Eat for breakfast any SW / JK AC / spec. They can't touch you, only time you will eat some dmg is if your trinket is on CD and they choke / stasis you and the saber throw for guardians / juggs.

Same goes for operatives / scoundrels melee, assassins / shadows. 9s cd 2s root not affected by resolve. Knockback, Force slow, Force speed. 2 aoes to pop them out of vanish, dmg on the move with no need to stop casting.

Always stun 1st, then instant WW (if you need to get space or recover from an opener).

A geared and skilled sent that actually uses all cd's is a very hard fight. Even 31 point madness/balance specs will struggle with good sents/maras. You can kite them around for awhile but every charge they will get a few hits in and wear you down. Also most of the good marauders I fight save cc break for the whirlwind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.