Class by Class Breakdown of Cooldowns vs. Marauder

Vonrictus

I've watched these forums for weeks and I have a level 49 assassin and a 34 marauder. I am looking for a true breakdown of cool downs for each class versus a marauder. For example some people claim they crush say trooper/mercs others say a Merc has far too many cool downs and big burst in the hands of a good player.

I have learned the hard way that the marauder doesn't even get core skills like our finisher until very late in the leveling process. Hell our main strikes in two trees don't even show up until 31 point talents. So at what point do marauders become deadly?

Is it Battlemaster only? Champion? Level 40+?

What is our true cooldown by cooldown breakdown vs. the other classes in pvp? I mean are we one short or one long? Let's go by Anni as that seems to be the 'fotm' pvp spec except for those screaming about Carnage bieng viable.

You're trying to compare every ability and cooldown and the length of cooldowns of one class to another?

Apples and oranges.

And its going to take you a long time. On top of that, you want somebody else to do it for you?

Good luck.

I've watched these forums for weeks and I have a level 49 assassin and a 34 marauder. I am looking for a true breakdown of cool downs for each class versus a marauder. For example some people claim they crush say trooper/mercs others say a Merc has far too many cool downs and big burst in the hands of a good player.

I have learned the hard way that the marauder doesn't even get core skills like our finisher until very late in the leveling process. Hell our main strikes in two trees don't even show up until 31 point talents. So at what point do marauders become deadly?

What is our true cooldown by cooldown breakdown vs. the other classes in pvp? I mean are we one short or one long? Let's go by Anni as that seems to be the 'fotm' pvp spec except for those screaming about Carnage bieng viable.

Well if your that much of a student go make a toon for each class on your server and grind till you get to your adv trainer and start comparing abilities. You can look at all the abilities you haven't learned and look at the cool downs put them on paper then make your comparisons.

Unless someone did that already this is the only real solution I see.

We have a ton of abilities. Many more useful ones that alot of the class, so we may have like 3 moves that compare to something else and 21 that dont....

Edited by AcaciaDragon

Well if your that much of a student go make a toon for each class on your server and grind till you get to your adv trainer and start comparing abilities. You can look at all the abilities you haven't learned and look at the cool downs put them on paper then make your comparisons.

Unless someone did that already this is the only real solution I see.

Are you for real o_O? http://www.torhead.com

Ill make it short.

First, go annhilation.

Then, whatever it happens, u charge, then dps. If someone is attacking you, use cloak of pain. If your health drops under 20-15% use undying rage, pop berserk, use healing stim, and keep killing.

That's the average fight xD

Remember, charge, berserk and undying rage are the keys to succes.

Operative does not become a force until hidden strike.

Its pointless comparing classes until level 40+.

At the end of the day each class has something to offer. Merc is easy to play but an operative or marauder will beat it down for sure.

Given a badly played marauder a merc will probably win though.

I pretty much perfected killing every class with my lvl 43 operative from stealth - the one class that i ever had problems with was the marauder - but only when played by a pro player.

The thing you need to know as a Marauder is... Against WHAT are you playing, and when it hits you hard so you can shield most of the damage with cloak of pain or saber ward. Most classes have impressive nukes, IMO the Marauder is unmatched in continuous damage.

I think nobody will and can do for you what's required to get the skills needed to match every other class. You either use torhead, check what other classes can do or learn it over time by getting owned again and again ;)

As you see, the skills required to play a Marauder are to know all your skills and when/for what you need them.

Same applys in a way for skills of all the other classes out there. It's nice to know why the enemy glows and what he gains (for which period of time) so you can act accordingly. Know their CC, which is ok to break and which you should just bear.

On the other hand use your CC wisely, you don't have much of it. Use it for example to disable your enemy when he has a timed shield up (enemy Marauders using undying rage, as you can't deal any damage anyways).

Just force charging whenever you can is also not a good idea. Most ranged dds can push you away. Basically you would end up charging end getting pushed, so nothing was gained. Wait for them to be pissed and push you, that's when you need to close the gap asap.