Telekinetic Throw...

ormond

In a 31/0/10 spec of Kinetic Shadow, Harnessed Shadows is usually taken and justifies use of TK Throw on a regular, religious and orgiastic basis.

This.

Yup...and with FP, its your nuke. With ST now building stacks of HS (which last 30 seconds) I find myself having it available a lot more. I love the feel of the KC shadow even more now. It makes it feel as though you can weave melee in between your kick *** force abilities, which is the way I think the Devs originally designed the class.

EDIT: Yeah sorry, didn't catch the "dps" portion of your post. I cannot speak to that, but its a must in a tank build.

Edited by Baddmoon
My bad

No, Infiltration does not use TK Throw to my knowledge... I think Force Breach is still your best nuke, with the rest of your dps coming from regular use of Project, Clairvoyant Strike and Shadow Strike when subject to the lowered-cost buff. I don't think there's much else you should be using as an Inf Shadow, aside from Kick and Low Slash.

To be honest I haven't tried Infiltration since 1.1.2 and don't plan on it. Kinetic is more my wheelhouse.

In PvP it can be somewhat useful when another melee is charging at you to frustrate them (think of running at a sorc casting lightning on you), if you are 2v1 with another melee against any enemy class, or if an enemy is escaping you can pop a Force Potency and its range increases to 30m for some extra reach to get a kill (I would really have to be certain it’s worth it to waste the FP charge though - i.e. the enemies healer is escaping). Other than those specific instances you won't really use it, as balance or infiltration.

EDIT: Speaking as a balance shadow, but the damage done by Telekinetic Throw is the same for balance and infiltration.

Edited by Innercalm

No matter how you spec a shadow theres always a couple moves you rarely/never use.

Kinetic: shadowstrike, mind crush

Infiltration: telekinetic throw, mind crush

Balance: telekinetic throw, (maybe kick)

Its just how it is. Kinda annoying tbh. I wish they'd adjust the talents so you could use all your skills. Like for kinetics add a way to use SS from the front at reduced damage but with some sort of debuff. or how the balance hybrid used to allow mind crush to be used.

Edit: oooo Awesome OP thought. Kinetic tree have a talent that turns shadow strike into a teleport strike. Min range now 10m max 30m cost 35 force. They'd have to limit find weakness to shadow/force tech only....

Edited by grandmasterub

Edit: oooo Awesome OP thought. Kinetic tree have a talent that turns shadow strike into a teleport strike. Min range now 10m max 30m cost 35 force. They'd have to limit find weakness to shadow/force tech only....

If you're talking about Force Pull, I won't call it a teleport strike...it's more like "you won't get away that easely" or "come over here, my friend want to kill you during my GCD". I could never used to finish someone with a melee strike by myself (another good reason to use FiB ^^).

if not...why does a shadow even have the ability?

Shadows have it because it's not a Shadow ability: it's a Consular ability. We inherit it from from our base class, just like Sages inherit Double Strike while never getting any use out of it. Every AC inherits some abilities from its base class that the advanced class has abandoned. Think of it as evolutionary baggage: TK Throw is the male areola of the DPS Shadow.

If you're talking about Force Pull, I won't call it a teleport strike...it's more like "you won't get away that easely" or "come over here, my friend want to kill you during my GCD". I could never used to finish someone with a melee strike by myself (another good reason to use FiB ^^).

No I meant change a talent. Like get rid of nerve wracking. Replace with

"shadowstep"- changes shadowstrike into a blink. Deals 50% damage and 50% threat, instantly teleports to the rear of target. range increases by 0/5/25m. Cost is reduced by 15 force.

Edited by grandmasterub

No I meant change a talent. Like get rid of nerve wracking. Replace with

"shadowstep"- changes shadowstrike into a blink. Deals 50% damage and 50% threat, instantly teleports to the rear of target. range increases by 0/5/25m. Cost is reduced by 15 force.

my fault, I fast-reat your post and thought you were talking about actual talents :o

anyway, you'll find skilled shadows here that would tell you you don't need a teleport if you know how to use your kick, slow, sprint, stun, vanish, kick, low dash, slow, etc. Also, last time I tried Infl spec Shadowstrike position check work so good that I needed to be side to side instead of behind.

For me, I rarely see them running away: either I'm dead or they think they're gonna kill me (fools! bwa ha ha).

I find that I use shadow strike less and less because of the auto-rotate/target the game has on it ( GL getting behind a Caster channeling a spell at you). You really only have a few places you can use it consistently. From stealth, when your target is attacking someone else, or if they are stunned and you get behind them.

Also helps that the toon is where the client says they are.. I've Mind Snapped people and had them Dazed teleport and change orientation on me before.

Edited by Elooie