Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

JovethGonzalez

What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2  

3,457 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2

• They're good!
    • They're terrible!
    • I don't care either way.

This is what I understand:

I am having no issues.

You are because you are unable to adapt.

The end.

What is there to adapt to? It is causing people to have headaches and nausea! I guess they could adapt by just cancelling their subs.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I understand:

I am having no issues.

You are because you are unable to adapt.

The end.

You have proven very nicely that if someone has lost an argument,

has no valid points more to contribute then anger takes place

where reason was before.

You have no issues since you lack understanding.

Very simple and also noted by the fellow co-users in this

forum here.

Randomly pressing keys without coordination is a play style.

Yours.

Edited by Isathrea

Hi folks,

We recently implemented a change to the global cooldown UI with Patch 1.1.2 and we realize that it has been a hot topic here in the Forums. In an effort to prioritize any new changes to the UI, we wanted to poll the community on their opinion of the current global cooldown UI. Please vote in the poll above! As a reminder, please only vote with the cooldown UI changes in mind.

It's fine for me but I'm not that picky about UI stuff. I just roll with the punches.

I can only assume this is how Sithkllr plays.

Time Action

0 Use ability

1 - 1.1 GCD is off - What ability should I use next?

1.1 Use ability

2.1 - 2.2 GCD is off - What ability should I use next?

See a pattern. He slowly losses time. It's not major and this game isn't that difficult so it's not game breaking but it is suboptimal.

Or he just mashes or uses a set rotation in which case proc abilities are not used as soon as they are available.

This is how I used to play

0 Use ability

0.75 Queue next ability

1.0 Queued ability executes

1.75 Queue next ability

2.0 Queued ability executes.

Edit: Sorry I know the GCD is 1.5 seconds but I used 1 second in my example.

Edited by Thesseract

The complaints about the new cooldown animations are not valid. They serve the purpose they were designed for: to clearly show what abilitis are on CD.

Clearly a 1-button class. Or even better: attack, pause, attack, pause, attack, pause. And let's not forget tunnel vision as he can't perceive 4 hotbars flashing every 1.5 seconds...

The end.

Edited by darthtoph

So still no word on anything about this other than "we're looking into it". Look into reverting the change until you have a permanent solution so your game isn't unplayable for the people it makes sick at the moment. Edited by gryhmr

Changes are definitely going to be made to the UI in response to initial feedback we received after the patch was deployed. (Very little feedback was received on the PTS Forum before the patch was deployed to the live servers, otherwise changes may have been made before the patch's deployment.)

The primary purpose of this poll is to get more accurate numbers on player sentiment. Threads are very helpful for us to get an immediate idea of areas that need attention, but accurate numbers as opposed to post counts help us present a more accurate picture of those affected (threads/post counts can easily be inflated by multiple posts from the same person, opposing points of view, and so on).

If you'd like to give us constructive feedback on changes to the UI and the global cooldown animations, we'd welcome that in this thread. Discussions about the poll or other aspects of development aren't appropriate.

I am a fan of your game and it's character based immersion. I am also legally blind. I have adapted the the game's relatively rigid ui. However, the recent changes to the ui only make it harder to see what is going on. The ui could benefit from a shift toward customizable as opposed to a focus on appearance and effects. The ui is best served as a gauge system to support the player, otherwise it should easily disregarded so the player can enjoy the story and knock down some bad guys.

Thank you

I am afraid the action bar and cooldown bar changes are shockingly bad.

You should just copy WOW and pretty much all other MMOs, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

idd, plz listen to this guy, u r used to copying anyway, why stop now :eek:

And here was me thinking yoda was the only muppet in star wars :)

LOL. Like I said, I play the game. I see it with my own eyes. I dont need to read every post by every crying complainer on the forums. I understand ppl are saying the flashing is annoying. There is a certain type of personality that will complain regardless of what is done. I certainly hope Bioware does not start catering to them because they are here in very large numbers and once they get their way once it will never end.

The complaints about the new cooldown animations are not valid. They serve the purpose they were designed for: to clearly show what abilitis are on CD.

I tried to read through all the replies, but here's my simple question?

The UI flashing is making me ill. I cannot play. I log on to chit-chat with my guild for a few minutes, then log off and watch something on Hulu.

Will this be fixed within say a week's time or should I just save some money and put my account on hold?

I tried to read through all the replies, but here's my simple question?

The UI flashing is making me ill. I cannot play. I log on to chit-chat with my guild for a few minutes, then log off and watch something on Hulu.

Will this be fixed within say a week's time or should I just save some money and put my account on hold?

They said they were going to change it but they have not provided a timeline yet.

This is just my speculation, but since they already did an unscheduled patch to fix Ilum they won't do a new one out of risk of angering another cohort of people. I would speculate there will be no fix for at least a couple more days with it likely not being until next maintenance.

Haha, I'm glad I cancelled my subscription and uninstalled the game.

I'm heading that way. I want to know why this wasn't reversed back to the way it used to be in last nights patch.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with how it was, why did they have to go and screw something up that wasn't broke? One of the few things that wasn't broke.

I'm in the same exact boat. I can't play until this is fixed.

How hard would it be for Bioware to make a small patch that those suffering from this can download individually to just kill the bloody flash. Let us patch our Clients so we can play..

They don't care. They're going to put a patch up on the test servers sometime in the next day or two and then test that, then patch to live game. It'll be at least a week before there's a change to the UI and tbh, there's no guarantee that they're even considering people that can't play the game because it's made them ill. There hasn't been a word from them on that issue in the slightest. So at this point I've personally lumped them in with the idiots who are calling us liars. I no longer care when or if they fix their UI. When my account runs out it'll not be renewed.

BW,

please note that poll was closed with 3457 votes.

Consider that there are other 2 million who instead of participating on forum, enjoy the game as it is. New GCD looks very nice, please don't change it back. :)

I'm heading that way. I want to know why this wasn't reversed back to the way it used to be in last nights patch.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with how it was, why did they have to go and screw something up that wasn't broke? One of the few things that wasn't broke.

I'd say do it. You can always come back if they fix the game.

Stuff like this - globals and being to see if an abilty is off cooldown or not - It shouldn't really be a problem now. Nor in beta. It should have been fixed in Alpha. This is basic stuff.

You like telling yourself that and then coming on the forums to look for things that are wrong so you can convince yourself you did the right thing?

Not at all. There are lots of things I absolutely loved about the game. There's nothing I'd want more than for the game to be fixed. Read my thread "This game feels like a Beta - and here's why:" if you want to know the reasons for why I quit.

Edited by Viconiuz

BW,

please note that poll was closed with 3457 votes.

Consider that there are other 2 million who instead of participating on forum, enjoy the game as it is. New GCD looks very nice, please don't change it back. :)

I too also personally spoke to the other 2 million other players and they all told me the opposite. Damn I guess when you spoke to all 2 million other players they told you one thing and me something else.

Edited by Thesseract