Why my entire WOW guild and all my other mmo m8 won't play SWTOR

Gankdalf_

Honestly, why so much hate for wow and the people who mention it?

Because SWTOR is not WoW and some of us are tired of the constant comparisons. Most of the time when there ARE comparisons it's 'waahhh, SWTOR isn't like WoW so SWTOR sucks!' and it gets really, really old. I've made comparisons myself but try to keep them objective and logical, as well as reasonable in my critiques

The OP is basically upset because there is little to no ganking and measures in place to prevent such things. PvP is not about ganking people, PvP is about fights between players where the best fighter (be it gear or skill) comes out on top

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In wow in world pvp, I normally kill people in 2 seconds on my maage.

That excuse is invalid.

In wow you can be Cc'd for well over 20-25 seconds if coordinated. Here you have a resolve bar with a skillcap much higher then you casual idiots.

thx

Someone who doesn't play the game, here to make up stories to defend a point he never actually made.

Resolve bar is a skill cap? Hahahahahha. 20-25 seconds? Yeah, ok, well you have over 120,000 HP in WoW. Here you can get CC'd for at least 16 seconds straight and you have 1/10th the HP.

I'm a Star Wars fan, but if you think this game is a good, skilled representation of the PvP community.... Oi.

Because SWTOR is not WoW and some of us are tired of the constant comparisons.

SWTOR is nothing but another generic WoW reskin with underwhelming story and good voice acting...and bugs. Only reason I haven't quit is cause of the people I play with.

Edited by nschlan

I see that you misunderstood what I typed. The devs said, years before the game actually released, that it would be a story-driven game. Expecting it to be the next best E-sport is probably setting your sights too high.

There's also too much whine for this to be a legit thread. The title is bashing and there's no hint of constructive criticism, only a reminiscent telling of someone's WoW days.

So if you & your mates are going to insist on bathing us in your self-pity, then I'm going to tell you why we don't care.

You dont get it. They said it would be a story driven game, with large areas for outdoor pvp, blabla and more blabla. Also they never said that this game will be tested on release or that it will be instanced because of the engine's shortcomings and so many more problems that currently exist. Marketing tricks and bad patches dont help at all. What happens in the end is that devs dont know what they are talking about, and the same story goes on and on.

Wow, especially early wow, and other mmos along with it, werent perfect at all. But player interaction was way more enjoyable. I'm playing on a rp server and when I do a hm, the only thing that is written on the chat is "who the **** doesnt skip?" and "lolwtf bugggg". I remember the pro-factionists that were screaming loktar ogar and death to the alliance. If you do it on my rp server you will get a response "ARE YOU FOR REAL BRO?". Also people forget about the "wow is a better game due to lore". Then comes swtor, builds a story driven game and none gives a damn after 1 month. The devs and marketing can say whatever they want about the game. The end product is what it matters and the quality of the patches along with the dev to player interaction. Have you ever tried to contact a gm? Cause my friends have and they havent had a response 10 days now. These things are unacceptable, and go way further than just pvp is bad or not. Everything adds up, and when a player doesnt see what he is promised while the devs dont do anything to keep him occupied, it's about time he leaves. But he bought the game because he wanted to like it in the first place, and that's what people dont understand. Even the worst of the trolls here bought the game to like it, not to bash it but they are on shorter fuse than other players and more vocal about their bad experience. I've been in a lot of forums, and the crying for class balance is completely different from crying about godamn anything. And the worst part is that the problems are indeed real.

Of course there is a core of gamers that just enjoy the game and doesnt care about these things, and no point in disagreeing with this since facts speak for themselves (people still play diablo 2, lineage 1, till recently swg).

In wow in world pvp, I normally kill people in 2 seconds on my maage.

That excuse is invalid.

In wow you can be Cc'd for well over 20-25 seconds if coordinated. Here you have a resolve bar with a skillcap much higher then you casual idiots.

thx

LOL. Do you even do pvp here? Resolve is goddamn useless. There are many way to bypass it that it's not even funny. You just talked about 20-25 seconds cc IF coordinated, and here I can keep someone rooted in place for ever alone and if you get knocked back, not only you wont whitebar, but it will be empty in 10 secs so you can get eat another knockback.

Edited by gtdead

The guy has a point. The game is losing people and the ones who leave do so upset. Do you really think they are gonna reccomend it to anyone?
Personally, I am not going to lose sleep if the people that define world PVP as "groups of high level characters slaughtering low level questers" leave the game and go elsewhere. If they tell their friends not to come here because ganking isn't any fun here, I still won't be upset.

I suspect that the primary reason that many PVE players don't roll on PVP servers in MMO games is because they don't find being slaughtered to be particularly fun. They don't particularly have any objection to the idea of one level 30 player interfering with the questing of another level 30 player.

SWTOR is nothing but another generic WoW reskin with underwhelming story and good voice acting...and bugs. Only reason I haven't quit is cause of the people I play with.

WoW is nothing but a generic Everquest reskin with stolen ideas, generic stories and NO voice acting

Everquest is nothing but a generic 3D reskin of UO

UO is nothing more than a digital version of PnP games

PnP games are nothing more than compiled, playable versions of myths and legends from around the world

Wait... what was your point again?

Wow, especially early wow, and other mmos along with it, werent perfect at all. But player interaction was way more enjoyable. I'm playing on a rp server and when I do a hm, the only thing that is written on the chat is "who the **** doesnt skip?" and "lolwtf bugggg".
It is possible that many RP players join guilds and spend most of their "chat time" on the guild channel rather than general chat. General chat, in turn, ends of being full of the "leftover" players that aren't particularly interested in RP.

Personally, I am not going to lose sleep if the people that define world PVP as "groups of high level characters slaughtering low level questers" leave the game and go elsewhere. If they tell their friends not to come here because ganking isn't any fun here, I still won't be upset.

I suspect that the primary reason that many PVE players don't roll on PVP servers in MMO games is because they don't find being slaughtered to be particularly fun. They don't particularly have any objection to the idea of one level 30 player interfering with the questing of another level 30 player.

This

And there are some people waiting for the initial 6-months to pass to see what patches will bring and to let the trolls and gankers play, whine and leave

WoW is nothing but a generic Everquest reskin with stolen ideas, generic stories and NO voice acting

PnP games are nothing more than compiled, playable versions of myths and legends from around the world

What's your's? It doesn't say anything about why the 2 can't be compared. WoW is the current standard for MMOs, SWTOR is a WoW clone. Comparisons are pretty much mandatory. GG logic.

Edited by nschlan

That the genre is dead?

Yeah, that's about right.

$100,000,000 flop.

What's your's? It doesn't say anything about why the 2 can't be compared. WoW is the current standard for MMOs, SWTOR is a WoW clone. GG logic.

I didn't say they can't be compared, I said the comparisons usually being QQers whining because SWTOR isn't WoW and saying they want it to be is getting old. Big difference. If the OP loves WoW so much he should quit this game, leave the forums alone and go play WoW

I didn't say they can't be compared, I said the comparisons usually being QQers whining because SWTOR isn't WoW and saying they want it to be is getting old. Big difference. If the OP loves WoW so much he should quit this game, leave the forums alone and go play WoW

If you love SWTOR so much you should leave the forums alone and go play SWTOR. There's plenty of reason to QQ. And no, the bugs aren't the issue, it's the fact that they basically copied WoW and even failed at that. Raid content? Joke. Instanced PvP? Joke. Open World PvP? Joke.

Edit: actually, some of that stuff is a joke now in WoW too so maybe they did do it right...

Edited by nschlan

The thing is that if they allow you to gank lower levels (thats really what you say its missing between ganking and attaking outposts) then the pvers would complain about not being able to do anything because enemy players are camping them.

And idk what world pvp you talk about in WOW because last time I played in Cata it was dead , only a few here and there near the Gurabashi arena if anything.

The thing is that if they allow you to gank lower levels (thats really what you say its missing between ganking and attaking outposts) then the pvers would complain about not being able to do anything because enemy players are camping them.

And idk what world pvp you talk about in WOW because last time I played in Cata it was dead , only a few here and there near the Gurabashi arena if anything.

I think he means the old WoW. Cata destroyed Open World.

If you love SWTOR so much you should leave the forums alone and go play SWTOR. There's plenty of reason to QQ. And no, the bugs aren't the issue, it's the fact that they basically copied WoW and even failed at that. Raid content? Joke. Instanced PvP? Joke. Open World PvP? Joke.

Edit: actually, some of that stuff is a joke now in WoW too so maybe they did do it right...

There are few reasons besides bugs and cheaters to cry as much as the usual baddie does here on this forum and 99.9% of the time the problem has nothing to do with the classes or any ability but with what sits between the monitor and the chair.

I think your definition of World PvP is wrong, it is just plain ganking, but your point is right.

Throughout the game (4 level 50s, and PT is 40+) I've barely seen any enemies, let alone ones that want to fight (even whem I'm on a mob and down to 30% they just let me quest in peace).

For a game that's lore is centered around conflict, there isn't enough of it throughout the levelling game.

Ontop of the ganking, there needs to be improvements to actual world PvP incentives, proper objectives (bases, towns etc) to take over and fight for, rewards (access to better schematics/xp areas for controlled objectives) and discourage the numbers zerging game (credit to the group that does the most damage only).

My guild hasn't left yet, but I'm starting to see what I saw in Rift/War/Aion/AoC etc. People logging on a lot less, only logging on for the weekly raid we do, or only logging on to get their 3x Wz wins and 30x Ilum kills. If there are no improvements/announcements they will be gone within the month I think :(

This is a solid post. Said it before and I'll say it again, really sad that BWs first foray into MMOs had to be with Star Wars. We are stuck with this for years if you're a star wars fan. The PvP is way out of factional balance, on top of world not existing.

For me I play about 8 toons both factions. I do the daily WZs on each if i can stand playing that long and log. The XP is slow and the questing is flat out murder,

1. Drive/walk 3 minutes

2. spam spacebar

3. Drive/walk/load 5 minutes

4. spam spacebar

5. AoE, spam keys 1-8

6. spam spacebar

/repeat until you want to /wrists.

I really think you should be able to get 5 WZ daily missions if you're under level 50. Let PvPers PvP. Not sure how that will solve the lack of world PvP, but it might as it could get more folks fully geared a bit quicker and off the fleet.

I remember when I was questing in arathi highlands, plaguelands, STV, and slithis (and the adj zones) and I felt a sense of danger from opposite faction toons. I quit wow before bc and then came back after LK was out for a while.

Things were different. The fair fights were gone. Soon as you hit the first BC zone, lk 80s were there camping your brand new 61.

I quit wow the first patch of cata. LFG anti-social behaviour and bliz customer service made me wonder why I was feeding these guys money.

I was hesitant about this game. I enjoy it. I really do. I just wish they would spend time on bugs. I feel like the founder title is really a unofficial beta tester title.

If you love SWTOR so much you should leave the forums alone and go play SWTOR

I'm working and multitasking. I come to the forums to either 1. pick up tips or 2. amuse myself by seeign all the whiners rage over their first-world problems

Bazing! There ya go

Actually, the only game to do pvp right was Ultima Online.... Your reward for ganking someone questing... well they dropped everything they had.. and you could pick up as much as you could carry.

Then you teleported out or hauled your a## away so u didnt die and someone attacking u lol... That game was the best, people would actually group up to farm dreadlords... Its been kiddie games since then with all the qq'ing ohh there corpse faming me,

blah blah blah so go xp in another spot.. sheesh the "Casual Gamer" thats what ruined the mmo's of today.

Eve has also full loot. With a chance of destroying the object instead of dropping it.

But if you die, your stuff is gone, thats for sure.

So don't say ultima Online was the only one which did it right, if you don't know EvE.

I don't like the fighting mechanics in EvE. i think ship fights in EvE are much more boring than fights in other games.

But the open-world pvp in EvE is the very best, with literatly millions of possibities to destroy the enemy. Do it with numbers, high-tech, economy, spies. Disrupting supply lines or directly attack with huge fleets? Warping cloaked fleets deep into enemy territory to disrupt their mining ops or just bring the Big Guns(Capital fleets).

You can claim Space. You can build an empire and loose it later.

Damn! Eve PvP has meaning! I saw Roleplaying-wars and civil wars between cooperations.

Open world PvP here is a joke like it is in WoW.

There are few reasons besides bugs and cheaters to cry as much as the usual baddie does here on this forum and 99.9% of the time the problem has nothing to do with the classes or any ability but with what sits between the monitor and the chair.

Maybe I should've been more clear - that stuff isn't a joke because it's hard, it's a joke because it's not challenging in the slightest. And no, I don't play sorc/bh/op, I play Sent and Gunslinger, specifically because they're "hard". Not saying WoW is much harder anymore but at least originally it was better.

Edited by nschlan

My wow pvp buddies wont play this game with me either, they say its not balanced and cheesy... as we run 2700 rated RBGs with two boomkins and cunnings on every caster. Yeah thats balanced!

Long story short play whatever game you enjoy, if you're a good player its quite easy to make new pvp friends, i know i have in this game and i find it to be a great break from wow pvp. I used to play wow a lot, since swtor i log on wow maybe twice a week for an hour or two to get some RBGs in for points, im really looking forward to rated warzones in swtor and hopefully an arena bracket if BW can fix the bugs and hold onto the playerbase.

I'm working and multitasking. I come to the forums to either 1. pick up tips or 2. amuse myself by seeign all the whiners rage over their first-world problems

Bazing! There ya go

I get what you mean with the comparisons, people should just play the game they like better, but it's inevitable and can't be stopped. People will always QQ. Personally, I'm fine with the game, mainly cause of my guild and the fact that it's still new and shiny (and also it's just tiding me over for a couple months), but I doubt it'll last 2 years simply because it uses the WoW system which WoW has a monopoly on and has had more time to develop.

Edited by nschlan