Warzone Medals.

heikaze

Hi, im planning to roll an alt snipers. Because i hear this class is fun and take skills to master. That being said, my question is...

How many medals can a sniper rack up? Since this is a pure dps class, it will be harder to get medals. Whats your average medals around decently geared?

These aren't hard to get:

75k damage

Killing blow

2.5k damage in one hit

1v1 kill

10 kills

25 kills

These will take some gear and work to get:

300k damage

5k damage in one hit

These are only in Civil War:

1000 defense

2500 defense

I have recently seen Snipers get the 2.5k and 5k healing medals but I'm not sure how they managed that. No heals I do seem to trigger those.

These aren't hard to get:

75k damage

Killing blow

2.5k damage in one hit

1v1 kill

10 kills

25 kills

These will take some gear and work to get:

300k damage

5k damage in one hit

These are only in Civil War:

1000 defense

2500 defense

I have recently seen Snipers get the 2.5k and 5k healing medals but I'm not sure how they managed that. No heals I do seem to trigger those.

its an exploit... shouldnt use it tho

you can get defender points in every WZ

although i do note that Voidstar and Huttball are abit awkward with distributing these points.

The healing medal, yeahhh i know how to get it but it's an exploit so i'll keep silent.

I usually get an average of 5 medals because i play alot more objective based and far less mindless killing.

But if done right, 6/7 medals (incluis def points)

Edited by Monkeybusiness

For those with no idea what I'll talking about, google Pure Shockfrozen Water.

It's an item with unlimited use that heals you for 8.5k if you're out of combat. It gets you medals.

Right now, we don't know if it's an exploit.

Bioware says it's working as intended. The one thing that isn't clear about it, is that there's a debuff with it, that stops if from being usable again with 30 minutes duration, but which you can right click off. So people are arguing about this being an exploit.

I've been using it myself, and what I can say is:

- In huttballs, it's awesome, since you can just run into a fire at the start, heal up, get medals, and forget about it.

- It has nearly no use for combat in itself. Although I own it, and have been using it for a long time, there are warzones where I just don't have an opportunity to use it. As I said, you have to be out of combat, and you have to be hurt. Sometimes I just can't get to that points. Still, some classes like marauders have the option to hurt themselves, and can pretty much use the item all the time.

Should it be considered an exploit?

Well, everybody can use it. It's really not hard to get, you can do it on your own in something like 30 minutes. So the only "unfair advantage" is knowing about it.

Is it working as intended? Bioware says, the item is working as intended. Personally, I think the buff and the ability to just right click it away isn't working as intended, but we will see.

With the item, I average between 8 and 11 medals a game, wearing high-end gear. The item gives me 2 medals when used correctly, you can gain 3, but that would be way too much of a hassle, and you would be contributing nothing to the match.

Considering classes like powertechs being able to get as much as 14 medals without using exotic items, I think the whole medal system is broken. The should be an equal possible amount of medals for each and every class, something which just isn't happening right now.

To come back to the Pure Shockfrozen Water:

The truth is, we don't know if it's an exploit. So please, don't start flame wars over it. Let's stay on topic. I just mentioned that item to answer the questions in this thread. I also think all the hush-hush about the item aren't helping.

The real issue, for us as the sniper player community, is the amount of medals we can get as compared to other classes.

NOT if Pure Shockfrozen Water is an exploit. If you want to discuss that, please go to the PvP forum, there are more than enough topics on that!

Edited by neronskind

For those with no idea what I'll talking about, google Pure Shockfrozen Water.

It's an item with unlimited use that heals you for 8.5k if you're out of combat. It gets you medals.

Right now, we don't know if it's an exploit.

Bioware says it's working as intended. The one thing that isn't clear about it, is that there's a debuff with it, that stops if from being usable again with 30 minutes duration, but which you can right click off. So people are arguing about this being an exploit.

I've been using it myself, and what I can say is:

- In huttballs, it's awesome, since you can just run into a fire at the start, heal up, get medals, and forget about it.

- It has nearly no use for combat in itself. Although I own it, and have been using it for a long time, there are warzones where I just don't have an opportunity to use it. As I said, you have to be out of combat, and you have to be hurt. Sometimes I just can't get to that points. Still, some classes like marauders have the option to hurt themselves, and can pretty much use the item all the time.

Should it be considered an exploit?

Well, everybody can use it. It's really not hard to get, you can do it on your own in something like 30 minutes. So the only "unfair advantage" is knowing about it.

Is it working as intended? Bioware says, the item is working as intended. Personally, I think the buff and the ability to just right click it away isn't working as intended, but we will see.

With the item, I average between 8 and 11 medals a game, wearing high-end gear. The item gives me 2 medals when used correctly, you can gain 3, but that would be way too much of a hassle, and you would be contributing nothing to the match.

Considering classes like powertechs being able to get as much as 14 medals without using exotic items, I think the whole medal system is broken. The should be an equal possible amount of medals for each and every class, something which just isn't happening right now.

To come back to the Pure Shockfrozen Water:

The truth is, we don't know if it's an exploit. So please, don't start flame wars over it. Let's stay on topic. I just mentioned that item to answer the questions in this thread. I also think all the hush-hush about the item aren't helping.

The real issue, for us as the sniper player community, is the amount of medals we can get as compared to other classes.

NOT if Pure Shockfrozen Water is an exploit. If you want to discuss that, please go to the PvP forum, there are more than enough topics on that!

unequip ur armor and reequip it????????

I normally score 6-8 medals on my MM sniper, occasionally I can score 9.

(none are healing medals btw)

Defensive medals can be scored on all maps, some are just more difficult to get.

Edited by -Sui-

Pray tell how you get defense in Voidstar and Huttball.

Huttball - Kill the ball carrier; or Kill the people near your endzone. I think you get defender points for being the ball carrier too.

Voidstar - yeah.

Edited by Xbig

Pray tell how you get defense in Voidstar and Huttball.

Voidstar: Not sure. It is possible that you gain points as you interrupt the bombers/disarmers

Huttball: I know you get points for killing at your own goal line and thus preventing scores. It may be possible to get poitns (and thus medals) from others activities, bt have not tested any yet.

voidstar you have to physically sit on the door....in the open....and wait for everyone to bomb the living daylights out of you and maybe you just might kill someone and thats when it counts...its not worth it at the end of the day just have a good time imo.

In a huttball while leveling up as lethality (lvl 30+) I could consistantly get 7 medals.

75k dmg

killing blow

1k defender

solo kill

10 players killed

25 players killed

3k defender

It was easy to get defender cuz you could get killing blows on the enemy ball carrier.

sometimes I'd get 8 but i forget what the 8th would be.

All the while having fun win or lose

*EDIT*

Id get the 2.5k damage medal in an ambush on the easy pickings of numerous fotm sorc/sage rerollers

Edited by Ihazcrayon

Dont snipers get protection points when reducing damage taken on team mates with Ballistic Shield?

(i am pretty sure i get credit and medals when i reduce damage taken on team mates using taunt w/ my tank character - should be same thing?)

Dont snipers get protection points when reducing damage taken on team mates with Ballistic Shield?

(i am pretty sure i get credit and medals when i reduce damage taken on team mates using taunt w/ my tank character - should be same thing?)

Nope, we don't, and yes, I think we should. I'm pretty much the only sniper on my server regularly using Ballistic Shield...

Edited by neronskind

I can get five or six in an average round, maybe seven if I'm lucky.

The two defender point medals are a cinch to get in Civil War. The first one is easy to get in Huttball. The killing blow, 2.5k damage, and 10 kill medals are easy to get anywhere. The 25 kill medal is easy to get if your team isn't horribly overmatched.

The 1v1 kill medal is difficult sometimes, because it can be hard to get a kill without anyone else touching your target as a class that is pretty much built for defending objectives instead of roaming around.

The difficulty of the 5k damage medal I can't comment on until I hit 50 (I'm 41 currently), because I'm guessing it probably requires the boost that better gear provides, and some higher tier talents.

Anyway, if you're reasonably talented you can expect to get 5-6 medals minimum most rounds. I finish in the top 3-5 for medals a lot.

Edited by ShakesMcQueen

its an exploit... shouldnt use it tho

Forget that...I'll use it as often as I can. They took away my one healer medal from medpacs. I can only touch the Damage and Objective ladders for medals while almost every other class can touch 3 ladders.

Edited by Cluttered

so you cheat?

I don't consider it cheating when the medal system is completely unfair to our class. I do so much out on the field of battle...Capping, killing key targets, sacrificing myself, etc.. It's completely ridiculous that some Shadow gets to go out there, do nothing, and walk home with 8-9 medals.

I don't consider it cheating when the medal system is completely unfair to our class. I do so much out on the field of battle...Capping, killing key targets, sacrificing myself, etc.. It's completely ridiculous that some Shadow gets to go out there, do nothing, and walk home with 8-9 medals.

How does a Shadow get 8-9 medals for doing nothing?

I've got a lvl 50 Shadow. I must have overlooked the free medals button.