It's not even healthy anymore

Deathrupter

They should make it , when cc a target you cant deal dmg to the target. If you do dmg then it should break the cc just like in pve. Every time you get into a battle. You walk so slow to get to a range target. That your half health before you get to hit them once. SWG pvp system for CC was nice. Games like this and wow, have no clue about true pvp.

They have 100% failed in this game.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to grammar police trolls. It's a hobby of mine. And get off your high horse. I could care less about your small business and just because people disagree with you does not make their opinions "BS."

High horse? lol no what it meant is im tired of typing and do not care for little mistakes here and there on an internet forum about a game,and you need another hobby something alittle more worthwhile.

CC can be toned down without affecting pve at all. Just make resolve drain slower. Or else make partial resolve partially reduce CC length. It's like a 20 minute fix, I'd rather CC be too ineffective than too effective.

Lemme guess.. you play a melee class.

"Its" -> should be "It's"

"Unvalidate" -> should be "Invalidate"

Seriously though, have you not read a single post that I made on this thread about how I don't CC? My main is a Sorcerer, my CCs suck (whirlwind broken upon damage) and electrocute (temporary short-term stun). I don't CC. But then I've played a lot of Warzones and have managed to avoid getting "CC spammed" 99% of the time.

You should just stop being bad at the game, or playing on a PUG Warzone against people who know how to play as a team.

LOL no its un because you just dont get the point. Yet you still persist. So I shall continue. How is being in a pug being bad at this game? Also do you know how I play? Have you seen my play style? Saying someone is bad just by them objecting to the CC problem is quite contrived. You once again show how much you are against any cc changes because it takes the overpowered nature of your four man cc chain. I guess you will have to learn how to play when they change the resolve system

I just can't take it anymore. I'm literally pausing every 4 seconds, how's that fun ?

don't even get me started on the sorcs/sages.

I find it more of a bother when I see the people running as though they are immune to it. That really bothers me. It is like God Mode is turned on for them but I will get chain stunned.

You guys are misunderstanding what I'm saying. I think CC's are crucial to any MMO for both PVE and PVP. They need to be nerfed is what I'm getting at. Some classes have more than one CC. WHAT THEY SHOULD DO IS AFTER USING ONE CC , THERE IS ALSO A COOLDOWN ON THE OTHER CC. Come on, where's the logic in bursting 3 CC's consecutively. You really need to that much crowd controlling? It's all about killing in PVP not making a guy constantly immobile and then attacking him without the CC breaking . ( no joke this happened to me today)

I've played games like that before, 1 CC= creates a cool down on your other CC's..

Edited by Deathrupter

Again, we see someone complaining about resolve without understanding it. Common theme?

Knockbacks count against resolve.

Whatever. Theres too much friggin cc in the game. Resolve is pitiful. Common theme is nubs thinking things are just peachy. You have any idea how many PVP'ERS are quitting this game? You think they're quitting because everything is just bit chen? Have played them all and this might be the worst I have seen for a release of this magnitude (DaoC mesmers aside).

High horse? lol no what it meant is im tired of typing and do not care for little mistakes here and there on an internet forum about a game,and you need another hobby something alittle more worthwhile.

He has nothing worth wild. He is just another troll, fighting to not change this game for the better.

Enlighten me. How is CC supposed to work?

RANGED stuns on RANGED classes shouldn't see the light of day unless they require setup, or last half as long as a soft CC.

See the MMO that didn't go out of business or go free 2 play *cough WoW cough*. Giving ranged classes hammer of justice is about the dumbest design decision I have ever seen.

The problem with sage/sorc is the hybrid spec. The pure balance spec is fine. No class has this much CC in any MMO and the classes/specs that do? Do mediocre overall dmg (never lead dmg in a warzone) and or can't heal/throw shields on other people and themselves. See frost mage in WoW. Frost mages can be countered with cleanse/diminishing returns. Cleanse has a cooldown in this game and you can be knocked back multiple times and not have a resolve bar fill.

See the MMO that didn't go out of business or go free to play.

People could care less about soft CC, except the knockbacks. Why?

In the game that didn't fail you can't stack classes with no penalty. Why? Diminishing returns.

You also don't make ranged classes as simple as they are in SWTOR (minus slinger/sniper) but I could care less about that. They want baddies to be able to compete? No problem.

We didn't quit WoW so that we could have even more loss of control of our character...In fact many people quit WoW because their was already so much CC that required a cleanse bot.

So we come to SWTOR and now we have stunfests, useless pvp trinkets, cleanse being useless because of the cooldown, oh and they want us (out of every 3 people that play) to have a tank (boring to play) guardina a healer (boring to play but we are used to having to jump around while spamming 1/10th our class buttons from WoW) in every 4 man group.

SWTOR took everything bad about WoW and made it WORSE. So why should we play this instead of WoW? Game performance? Sucks. Skill? Ranged stuns and no diminishing returns remove it. Classes? Some are fun and challenging like current WoW classes (marauder/sent) and others that are OP due to ranged stuns? Easier then classes in Vanilla WoW to play.

Is WoW perfect? Hell no. Is it better then SWTOR? Yup. I would pay to watch a SWTOR developer play a sentinel on any mature server where all empire plays is mercs/sorc.

When he is stunned for about the 100th time and throws his keyboard, I want them to tell me how good this craptastic stun/knockback fest is and why anyone should want to play this game for pvp.

Can it be fixed? Yup. Have they done anything to address it or even talk about it? Nope. They are clueless, obviously biased and should never be allowed to ruin or design a games pvp ever again.

They should all be fired and replaced by professional gamers who could/tell what needs fixing in this game within 30 minutes.

There is no excuse for a game to have this kind of budget and to hire FAILED developers from other FAILED games, and at the same time not make use of any of the multitude of professional gamers whom would work for peanuts compared to these FAIL designers whom should have never gotten the job in the first place.

Anyone who knows what balanced and fun pvp looks like can tell withing an hour of play in a warzone that this game sucks.

Why am I still playing? Waiting for the next WoW expansion. Why? At least they have a clue. If I am gonna play a gearfest at least I am going to play one where this doesn't happen...

If I don't trinket I die or can't pop defensive cooldowns which leads to death.

When I do trinket, I am instantly stunned again without resolve working before I die.

That right there = broke. The fact they gave MULTIPLE classes ranged stuns to do this? LOL at "skill" in this game.

LOL no its un because you just dont get the point. Yet you still persist. So I shall continue. How is being in a pug being bad at this game? Also do you know how I play? Have you seen my play style? Saying someone is bad just by them objecting to the CC problem is quite contrived. You once again show how much you are against any cc changes because it takes the overpowered nature of your four man cc chain. I guess you will have to learn how to play when they change the resolve system

I wish I had a 4 man CC chain. Sounds like fun, would try it, but I'm in a raid guild and we don't PvP much anymore.

I just like to say you're bad because I'm sure you are.

Whatever. Theres too much friggin cc in the game. Resolve is pitiful. Common theme is nubs thinking things are just peachy. You have any idea how many PVP'ERS are quitting this game? You think they're quitting because everything is just bit chen? Have played them all and this might be the worst I have seen for a release of this magnitude (DaoC mesmers aside).

Some people dont understand your point. They think that this is a wonderful part of the game. They dont even realize that most people who actually pvp hate the current format. Oh well I guess when we start seeing server merges then maybe someone will change something

You have a total lack of knowledge on how CC is supposed to work if you think the current system is valid

o wise one with 35 total posts please explain how CC is supposed to work.

pretty sure (as a shadow) its my way of keeping a healer out of a fight while i kill dps or keep the dps out of the fight while i kill the healer.

as a sage, its my way of controlling different key people to allow my team to focus down priority targets.

stop crying about how the system is and learn how to use it and counter it.

the system is fine there are simply too many kids crying about how they want easy mode kills on classes that need the extra control to be able to even compete.

hows this i will lose my CC in pvp if you lose 50% of your dps.

PvPers are quitting because the class balance is bad, the warzones are bad, the world PVP is non-existent, the gearing up is too random and there's no rated PvP. They're not quitting because there's too much CC. This game has a lot less CC than other games.

Never had a problem with CC's at all I'm afraid. Once I learned resolve and when to time my CC break it no longer became a problem.

90% of the people who have posted here are REALLY bad BTW due to your comments and would benefit from never PvPing again (Those who aren't know who they are).

If you want to say I chain stun I'm a bodyguard BH who gets 0 damage and 0 kills per match I heal and that's it.

If you want to say I never have been chain stunned I'm about the best healer (if not the best) on my server and make 500k per match like it's nothing. People know to target me and I'm often ganked by 5-6 people at a time (However I almost always survive because I can heal myself endlessly for an un-interruptable 6k at a time xD)

Learn to resolve or stop PvPing. You can't be stunned every 10 seconds and you can't be stunned for a minute. That is just the facts of this game and are simply not possible. L2P

RANGED stuns on RANGED classes shouldn't see the light of day unless they require setup, or last half as long as a soft CC.

See the MMO that didn't go out of business or go free 2 play *cough WoW cough*. Giving ranged classes hammer of justice is about the dumbest design decision I have ever seen.

The problem with sage/sorc is the hybrid spec. The pure balance spec is fine. No class has this much CC in any MMO and the classes/specs that do? Do mediocre overall dmg (never lead dmg in a warzone) and or can't heal/throw shields on other people and themselves. See frost mage in WoW. Frost mages can be countered with cleanse/diminishing returns. Cleanse has a cooldown in this game and you can be knocked back multiple times and not have a resolve bar fill.

See the MMO that didn't go out of business or go free to play.

People could care less about soft CC, except the knockbacks. Why?

In the game that didn't fail you can't stack classes with no penalty. Why? Diminishing returns.

You also don't make ranged classes as simple as they are in SWTOR (minus slinger/sniper) but I could care less about that. They want baddies to be able to compete? No problem.

We didn't quit WoW so that we could have even more loss of control of our character...In fact many people quit WoW because their was already so much CC that required a cleanse bot.

So we come to SWTOR and now we have stunfests, useless pvp trinkets, cleanse being useless because of the cooldown, oh and they want us (out of every 3 people that play) to have a tank (boring to play) guardina a healer (boring to play but we are used to having to jump around while spamming 1/10th our class buttons from WoW) in every 4 man group.

SWTOR took everything bad about WoW and made it WORSE. So why should we play this instead of WoW? Game performance? Sucks. Skill? Ranged stuns and no diminishing returns remove it. Classes? Some are fun and challenging like current WoW classes (marauder/sent) and others that are OP due to ranged stuns? Easier then classes in Vanilla WoW to play.

Is WoW perfect? Hell no. Is it better then SWTOR? Yup. I would pay to watch a SWTOR developer play a sentinel on any mature server where all empire plays is mercs/sorc.

When he is stunned for about the 100th time and throws his keyboard, I want them to tell me how good this craptastic stun/knockback fest is and why anyone should want to play this game for pvp.

Can it be fixed? Yup. Have they done anything to address it or even talk about it? Nope. They are clueless, obviously biased and should never be allowed to ruin or design a games pvp ever again.

They should all be fired and replaced by professional gamers who could/tell what needs fixing in this game within 30 minutes.

There is no excuse for a game to have this kind of budget and to hire FAILED developers from other FAILED games, and at the same time not make use of any of the multitude of professional gamers whom would work for peanuts compared to these FAIL designers whom should have never gotten the job in the first place.

Anyone who knows what balanced and fun pvp looks like can tell withing an hour of play in a warzone that this game sucks.

Why am I still playing? Waiting for the next WoW expansion. Why? At least they have a clue. If I am gonna play a gearfest at least I am going to play one where this doesn't happen...

When I do trinket, I am instantly stunned again without resolve working before I die.

That right there = broke. The fact they gave MULTIPLE classes ranged stuns to do this? LOL at "skill" in this game.

I might have to write you in on my ballot for President. Well said.

So you have nothing better to do in real life, other than to continue playing a game which you hate and think is an utter failure and has no chance of improvement, and post on its forums about such hate?

Really? I find it hard to believe people like you exist.

I wish I had a 4 man CC chain. Sounds like fun, would try it, but I'm in a raid guild and we don't PvP much anymore.

I just like to say you're bad because I'm sure you are.

Thats all you had to say. YOU PVE. Your statements, just like I said before, are null and void. AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE

simple and easy fix to this...the solution is to make the cc breaking skill every class has 20-30 sec cd instead of a 2 min cd....why so long to break 1 cc that is only useful when your resolve bar is full so you dont get stunnned again right after you use it Edited by jonnyshadow

Never had a problem with CC's at all I'm afraid. Once I learned resolve and when to time my CC break it no longer became a problem.

90% of the people who have posted here are REALLY bad BTW due to your comments and would benefit from never PvPing again (Those who aren't know who they are).

If you want to say I chain stun I'm a bodyguard BH who gets 0 damage and 0 kills per match I heal and that's it.

If you want to say I never have been chain stunned I'm about the best healer (if not the best) on my server and make 500k per match like it's nothing. People know to target me and I'm often ganked by 5-6 people at a time (However I almost always survive because I can heal myself endlessly for an un-interruptable 6k at a time xD)

Learn to resolve or stop PvPing. You can't be stunned every 10 seconds and you can't be stunned for a minute. That is just the facts of this game and are simply not possible. L2P

Yah know id prefer if you just stopped posting,i mean really look at what you just wrote and i really feel for the people you and your most likely premade go up against daily with i bet nothing less than four Sorcs in your group.

So you have nothing better to do in real life, other than to continue playing a game which you hate and think is an utter failure and has no chance of improvement, and post on its forums about such hate?

Really? I find it hard to believe people like you exist.

PVE'er He is trying to point out some things that works with the one and only game that hasnt failed as a MMO. By the way beta testing that game was a joy compared to this. The reason why is we are still in beta, just like when warhammer was released. The only way things get fixed is by people expressing what is wrong with the game. Thats why WOW was and is sucessful. I guess you couldnt understand that because you think doing hard mode flash points its high end game content.

It can't be. There are so many snares that everyone's resolve bar would be full nearly all the time. And since snares would then stop working most of the time, ranged would have no way to keep melee off which means most of the gap closers would also need to be removed...

In other words, you're talking about an entire game rewrite for something that isn't a problem. Melees who start at max range usually lose. Melees who start the fight closer than that usually win. The system works.

Spoken like someone who doesn't play melee.

Melee who start a fight at range? How exactly would they do that?

Melee who are attacked at range is 90% loss. And this is how most fights start and end in huttball.

Melee who attack at short range are knocked back, usually off a ledge, snared, and then whittled to death as they they are kited around.

There is very little fun in playing huttball as a melee class after level 50. Once in a while you get a team that is not 90% sorcs and snipers, and then it can be fun. But the rest of the time, it's constant rain of death and lightning from above.

I also feel the pain of this... nothing stops my momentum more than constant chain CC.

Resolve is useless. By the time you've been up enough to get it, you're dead. By the time you get back into the fray it's gone. Lather rinse repeat.

A CC is (read the text of the skill) meant to remove an enemy from combat (to deal with later). In PvE, if I hard stun a mob I am fighting it heals up while stunned... unless it's a WEAK target. Players are not considered WEAK targets. I cannot use my headshot on them. Why should we be considered WEAK while CC is applied.

Grant heal tics for each second a person is CC'd. Remove resolve.

-or-

Break stun on damage following a CC. Remove resolve.

-or-

Make everyone's CC breaker instant cast on a 10 second cooldown. Remove resolve.

The resolve system only works if CCs are being doled out in an appropriate fashion. When I go into a WZ and 12 out of 16 people are sorcs it's not an appropriate amount of CCs being doled out.

I use my stuns for what I believe they are intended to be... a means to remove a target from combat (to deal with later) or to stop a fleeing target from making an escape. I don't use them to lolchainstun.

It is out of hand and it needs to be addressed soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.