thoughts on inflamation for a watchman

RakeHoxven

The guide at the top mostly leads me to believe that inflamation is not a good way to spend points. However with the 66% chance for cauterize cooldown to be done and 33% from slash to restart the cauterize cooldown, how is this not a win skill? I mean couldn't I have my opponent on almost a permanent -30% to their run speed? what am i missing.

The guide at the top mostly leads me to believe that inflamation is not a good way to spend points. However with the 66% chance for cauterize cooldown to be done and 33% from slash to restart the cauterize cooldown, how is this not a win skill? I mean couldn't I have my opponent on almost a permanent -30% to their run speed? what am i missing.

Spammable 50% snare. Sure it takes an extra global, but it's just plain better. Beyond that, if you prefer the 30% snare on cauterize, keep it. There is no end all be all for pvp. It's mostly about personal preference.

just curious. why did you put 2 points in force fade? aren't you invisible when you use it anyway for pvp?

It's still rather useful. I use it to cheat my way through fires and acid in huttball, along with cheating dots and various other damage. Again though, it's all about personal preference.

I find it less of a hassle to just use leg slash on my enemies. I actually factor it in to my 'rotation' that I use whenever I leap in on someone.

I go like this: Force leap, OS (while in air), Zealous strike, Leg Slash, Cauterize, pop Zen if it's up, and depending on whether or not there is any focus remaining because of dot tics or damage that I've taken then I will either merciless strike or slash.

Once that is done, that is usually 2/3 of someone's health in PvP. Not to mention the fact that if you hit zen soon as you put up cauterize, then both dots are at their max potency and duration. There's your heals, they take the damage, and you can still wail on them all you want. Works well for me as Watchman.

Edited by EnnaRei

Spammable 50% snare. Sure it takes an extra global, but it's just plain better. Beyond that, if you prefer the 30% snare on cauterize, keep it. There is no end all be all for pvp. It's mostly about personal preference.

It's still rather useful. I use it to cheat my way through fires and acid in huttball, along with cheating dots and various other damage. Again though, it's all about personal preference.

I see. So leg slash and inflamation do not stack?

I prefer the built in snare on cautarise personally. With focused leap this means you can: leap-overload-zealous-cautarise-merc. Everytime from a zero focus situation.

And they are slowed. It's not 100% uptime, but I find by the time it's worn off, and if they actually get out of melee range then by that point leap is off CD anyways.

I prefer the built in snare on cautarise personally. With focused leap this means you can: leap-overload-zealous-cautarise-merc. Everytime from a zero focus situation.

And they are slowed. It's not 100% uptime, but I find by the time it's worn off, and if they actually get out of melee range then by that point leap is off CD anyways.

i try to use merc only when i have 5 stacks of juyo up to get the full effect.

Ideally yes, but I find waiting an extra two globals to gain 4% damage on it to be not worth it.

Imo about the only time to prioritise getting full juyo stacks over keeping it on CD is when you are going for a big hit medal.

Honestly the only way to know is to try it yourself... I've gone back and forth, atm I don't have, using leg slash is longer and better at 12 seconds and -50% speed BUT 2 focus can be a lot. It actually is annoying but manageable... Atm I went for force fade, and liking it a lot now. If I had the room id use Inflammation... and may yet go back to it.

I personally use imflamation just because of the fact that a 30% decrease in movement speed is good enough to catch up to your opponent, and run with the person if trying to kite. Leg Slash uses 2 focus with a bad damage output, i could use the 2 focuses there for a better return.

It's probably all up to the comfort zone of the user. Cauterize slow is more than enough imo.

I personally use imflamation just because of the fact that a 30% decrease in movement speed is good enough to catch up to your opponent, and run with the person if trying to kite. Leg Slash uses 2 focus with a bad damage output, i could use the 2 focuses there for a better return.

It's probably all up to the comfort zone of the user. Cauterize slow is more than enough imo.

Completely agree.

The damage may be **** on Leg Slash, and the focus cost is an issue to some, but I primarily use it as a form of getting out a slow and another stack of OS on the target before I cauterize for the final stack then pop zen. Since I started doing this, damage and kills has gone up quite a bit.

It all comes down to personal play style tho, this is my preferred method, others are different. I noticed a change for the better since I started doing this, others wont. It's w/e, but I would rather use the skill we already have for the slow than to spec into a slow and waste points that I see as a priority in other places.

Also it does help in getting juyo stacks on the target. So while I do have to strike afterwards to get out a merciless slash, I'll at least know that I have 5 stacks on the target when doing so.

Edited by EnnaRei

• 2 weeks later...
It's spammable?

http://www.torhead.com/ability/9V1Xgd/leg-slash

pretty sure 2 points isn't spammable.

Also you can use the GCD to do something better with after the snared cauterize and it's not like there is a kiting problem anyways with it.

By spammable I meant no cooldown. I never said it cost 0 focus. Obviously you can't actually spam any ability but strike for too long.

It's all about personal preference..

but imo..I stand by Inflammation. I don't even have Leg Slash on my bar because it just seems like a dps loss. Kiting is hardly an issue in this game, and we have distance closers.

With the cauterize slow effect added it's just a bonus. Those 2 focus spent on Leg Slash could be used on something that deals more damage.

those are my 2 cents