BH is ruined, I will not be continuing becuz Skadge is stupid.

Kantoro

erm... deal with him for that part of class quest you have to then leave him to rot on the ship? It's not like you need him for much. And he's not 'dark side' he's more like some 'gangsta' theme which is blah, but who cares.

No reason to use him anyway, for tanking you got Blizz, for anything else others work better.

Yeah they need to bring back killing companions. Replace him with a second ships droid so your crafting doesnt suffer.

The BH story is pretty terrible though, generally forcing you to kill when it makes no sense while you have to take this walking blob of porridge aboard.

My IA can be everything from space Batman to space Nazi, my BH is a murdering jerk who either enjoys his job (dark side) or isn't bothered (light side).

It would have been nice to have a light side option for the BH instead of just being an assasin or merc. Y'know bringing people to justice.

I guess the terrible BH voice acting only suits a dark side style.

the point is would never allow that waste of space on my ship.

He is a rival bounty hunter that noses his way into your pursuit.

if i were to actually choose what my character would do. i would have shot him about 2 seconds after he got in my way. yet we are forced to take him.

Yah, I was not happy about Skadge. I was irritated that I had to include him on that one part of the class quest.

He made me yearn for my sorc's Khem, who in the end you gain an affection for but hate in the beginning.

But, I never summon him, except to do missions for me.

So Blizz is the best companion? How is that? I mean he's cute, and I adore him, but what makes him better than Mako?

the point is would never allow that waste of space on my ship.

He is a rival bounty hunter that noses his way into your pursuit.

if i were to actually choose what my character would do. i would have shot him about 2 seconds after he got in my way. yet we are forced to take him.

Err, your spoiler is incorrect. Skadge is not a rival bounty hunter. He is a criminal who hates your target and wants to kill him for his own reasons.

Skadge is poorly written into the Bounty Hunter story, it's got nothing to do with him being darkside.

He's presented as a dumb annoying psychotic crook, and for some that's ok, however most bounty hunters, playing dark or light, don't want that kind of idiot on their ship, it's not that he's a bruiser, he's an idiot bruiser.

Then to make things worse even if you try to reject him (which I'm sure a lot of BHs try to do) he threatens you (and not in some cute little manner) and then your character...relents.

So the biggest baddest bounty hunter in the galaxy gets scared by some two bit thug and lets him join his crew and come on his ship...yeah.

The problem here is that there should be more available companions than openings on your crew. If my personal preference is to dump Mako because she got clingy and freeze Gault to collect on the bounty, I should be allowed to make that choice.

Since this was imbalancing for players not fully aware of the ramifications (e.g. limited healing and tanking options) the ability to reject companions in any way was removed, to the detriment of many players individual stories.

Yeah, I'm kinda pissed off that they removed the option to reject/kill companions. If someone's dumb enough to do it to a companion they like/want to keep, that's their fault and they should have to deal with the consequences of it. Don't railroad us into having a companion we want to murder just because of the lowest common denominator. I hate things being built around the stupid people.

Yeah, I was irritated by Skadge also. The rationale for him joining the crew is ridiculous. But eh, whatever. I only actually had to have him out for a couple of Belsavis story quests and then I never needed him again. He wears one of my PvP gear sets and I only get him out when I need the gear. Otherwise, he's out on crafting missions for me all the time. Though I do wish he didn't plant himself directly on the way to the bridge on my ship. He's good for entertainment value. I once picked a conversation option that got me -3129 (!) affection with him, which made me laugh.

Send him on missions, use him as a clothes closet, and otherwise ignore him. The end. I was annoyed by Skadge for maybe a couple of hours altogether. This really should not break the class for you; if it does, you should perhaps consider the possibility that you might be taking this just a touch too seriously.

It's true, he is annoying. When I was first running into him in the story I couldn't wait to get to kill him. When he became my companion I was like "nooooooooooooo". But yeah, it really shouldn't break the class for you if you only use him when you have to, which is almost never.

I found him useful when I didn't want Blizz to hate me for being evil. Every time I got a dark option I'd esc out, get skadge out and presto! 800 rep for killing someone needlessly =)

I wouldn't say the story is ruined for me in the least even with Skadage. I actually find him completely necessary as a crew member.

Keep in mind every companion serves a specific role...

I used Mako for all combat missions from 1-50 and still use her as my primary companion for dailies etc.

If I'm out an about and my speeder bike breaks down... I summon Bliz to fix it. If Bliz doesn't have the parts he needs... I summon the droid so Bliz can take him apart for whatever items he's missing.

If after taking apart the driod Bliz still doesn't have the parts he needs I summon Gault to go swindle the parts from someone.

Last but not least if the ships latrine needs cleaning... you guessed it... Skadage gets to comes out. I also make him use his personal toothbrush then force him to brush his teeth with it for the remainder of the crew. They really get a kick out of it.

Edited by Pavement

<- BH merc since Beta and might even roll a powertech. I use Mako for PVE, and Blizz when i might see some PVP action (or hunting republic). with that said... Spacebar, or am i missing something? Because they can not have an endless storyline for every companion you feel would improve your experience.