The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

for pyrotechs...(pvp)

gerraaz

I've noticed that as well, the double saber fellows seem to be the hardest to burn down. Not sure what mechanics of theirs make it so, but they always seem to live about 3 attacks longer than they should.

But as you said, I'll still beat them 1v1. Really, can't remember the last time I lost to a single person, unless you count it when someone steps into a fight just as I'm finishing one, and down to half life. And even then, I try and save my 4 CD's for those moment to stay in the fight. (Med/Shield/Stun/Vent).

In 1 vs 1 Operatives/scoundrels are the worst as I have no idea when to break being stunned.

They are very squishy and die fast if you get the jump on them which rarely happens since they are the ones who usually hit first because of stealth.

They can give you the standard stun for 4 seconds and in that time can do quite a bit of damage on you and can leave your health lowish if they sneak attacked you to open too. Breaking this stun lets you avoid this.

But then you get flash stunned and can't do anything at all for a long time, meaning they stealth and run away, or heal right in front of you before hitting you with something.

I guess I should use Energy shield as soon as I get sneak attacked on. Or be more careful and avoid getting sneaked attack. I mean without this you should still be able survive them even if they manage to escape.

Oh yeah and use my own stuns!

Edited by The_Beastwood

Sentinel/Marauders if they have CD's up, and I don't. Shadow/Assassin, is all about waiting out their first 2 stuns, then stun them back if yours are up, as long as they aren't glowing blue/yellow.

Ops/Scoundrels meh... Toss up really on who is being blessed by the RNG Crit god more, pretty even really.

Sentinel/Marauders if they have CD's up, and I don't. Shadow/Assassin, is all about waiting out their first 2 stuns, then stun them back if yours are up, as long as they aren't glowing blue/yellow.

Ops/Scoundrels meh... Toss up really on who is being blessed by the RNG Crit god more, pretty even really.

Pretty much this, sentinel/marauder who has there cd's and knows what they are doing are monsters.

Ops and Assassins well it's hard to say, certainly if they get a free opening it's trouble, especially the Ops, assassins I can possibly out maneuver if they get the opening but don't have a huge gear advantage.

Edited by Dharagada

Sentinels/Marauders and operatives/scoundrels give me big problems. Supposedly operatives/scoundrels were nerfed...I honestly cant tell. they still take me close to half hp in their opener. I'm not in full pvp gear yet though. ive got around 400 expertise and im run the carolina parakeet spec.

Sentinels/Marauders and operatives/scoundrels give me big problems. Supposedly operatives/scoundrels were nerfed...I honestly cant tell. they still take me close to half hp in their opener. I'm not in full pvp gear yet though. ive got around 400 expertise and im run the carolina parakeet spec.

Ops/Scoundrels have been both nerfed and buffed, they do less damage but can keep you cc'd longer, meaning they are still very dangerous.

Well played Mara/Sents are really tough 1v1. Poorly played Mara/Sents are just a free kill. This class probably has the widest gap of "bads" to "goods". A poorly played Sorc or Merc for example can still do decent DPS. Mara/Sents when poorly played are absolutely worthless. But when well played, they are probably the best 1v1 class in the game.

Sins/Shadows are rather easy unless tank spec'd. Their defensive cooldowns at that point make them tough to burst down so it really becomes a "who has more CDs" fight.

DPS Ops are easy if you trinket their opener and keep a DoT on em. Healer Ops are a pain in the *** to bring down solo. Slippery little buggers.

Mercs, interrupt tracer early, game over for them usually. Merc healers I've never really had any problems with either.

Sorcs similar to Ops, the DPS varieties aren't too much of problem, the healers can be more difficult, probably easier to kill a Sorc healer than an Op Healer though IMHO.

Juggs/Guardians, kite em. If you can keep em right around 10m you remove a lot of their attacks but you still have Flame Burst and Railshot, and as long as you are getting procs, that's all you really need.

Snipers are a free kill as well as long as you have some way to break LoS and close the gap. If you are out in the open and they are pounding on you, there isn't much you can do to get to them before you die. If you can get to them with a relatively full health bar, they don't pose much threat.

Mara or a very well played Sin can be a struggle. The only issue with Sin is their ability to remove dots (Not sure what it is) but no Rail Shot available = Not a happy Pyro.

Mara/Sents are an issue only if their immunity shield is up, then it's a matter of stunning them and keeping distance. (Save stuns for this no matter how tempted you are to use it earlier). The good ones do not get hindered by the old "Snare them and win lulz", they have more then enough tools to stay in range and keep you in range of them.

Well played Operatives are a pain if Determination is on cool-down, otherwise they need to use every cool-down they have to attempt to kill me so I overally don't rank them really high.

The top 3 1v1 classes are Marauders, Powertechs, and Assassins.

So for once, everyone in this thread seems to know what they are talking about.

I'm a KC Shadow myself, and occassionally I attack a Powertech by mistake thinking hes a Merc. I quickly realize my mistake, and choose to walk away unless there are no other targets. The Powertech is usually quite happy to do the same:p

Ps - Since 1.1.2 went in my KC Shadow is bursting thru even the best Marauders on server. Before it was close, but I typically lost during their invunerable period unless my own stealth was up.

I personally have some trouble with tanks in general (not beating them 1v1 but downing them efficiently) but thats mainly cus almost all our dmg comes from either white damge (railshot) or kinetic damage (thermal detonator) which armor mitigates....

But yea as previous posters had said only class that can beat maybe beat me 1v1 with all my cds up is darkness assassins (the tanks). Ther 40% heal is just too much QQ

I have trouble with good marauders its always a good fight but for me its 50/50 win or lose against the well played ones other than that sometimes those gunslingers that play their class right never really have an issue with ops/assassins and when i see a sorc i laugh :p