BioWare's Gabe Amatangelo speaks on faction imbalance.

Zyanzor

That's fine but, just remember the information IS there you just choose to ignore it...just don't say Bioware didn't inform you or ignore you like a lot of the threads ive been seeing on faction imbalance.

No, they still didn't communicate it. It's an obscure interview with an obscure person. If they wanted to communicate it to people they'd actually use writing -- the stuff literate people use to convey information.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they still didn't communicate it. It's an obscure interview with an obscure person. If they wanted to communicate it to people they'd actually use writing -- the stuff literate people use to convey information.

Once you've played MMO's for any amount of time, you'll know that the majority of the players are illiterate :p

No I didn't. If you were Implying that my sig can be used in Biowares case, you should have said "Above all else, I(we, can.) have faith in Biowares path."

You directly misquoted what I said, and posted it as if it were what my quote actually said. I don't like inaccurate things like that. Maybe it is a little sensitive, but when you misquote what I write, then I will correct you.

Sorry I forgot to add "above all else", I just assumed you being the smart person you seem to be you would've added the rest of the words for me....and you did, thanks!

Won't watch a long video to find info. If the interview had been written out I could have found what interested me in 2 minutes instead of 25.

I agree. Videos are a horrible way to disseminate straight information

Watching an entire video to suss out a two sentence point is silly. Since the op posted it on a forum based on words and writing summarizing it is the only reasonable thing to do.

People who just post links to videos in forums are doing it wrong.

That's fine and you are entitle to your own opinion on the information that was giving to you. My point still stands, in writing or the words coming out of the designer himself is still and will be "information". Take it how you want. Just don't say the information isn't there because it's not the the format YOU require.

The damage has been done but it can be "healed", Bioware is going to come up with some fantastic ideas that may even make Republic more popular than Empire, just wait and see.

Unfortunately, they won't test it very well and it will make more people leave the Republic rather than put up with the insane bugginess of whatever they add.

I agree. Videos are a horrible way to disseminate straight information

Watching an entire video to suss out a two sentence point is silly. Since the op posted it on a forum based on words and writing summarizing it is the only reasonable thing to do.

People who just post links to videos in forums are doing it wrong.

My point still stands. The information IS there just in a video format and not writing. People spending more than hours on these forums posting complaints about how they feel Bioware is ignoring the imbalance issue but they won't spend 25mins watching a video on the information they are looking for...the irony.

It's based less on pure assumption as it is more based on historical fact as per their track record of implementing anything.

Off topic but I'll bite, EVERY single MMO EVER released puts out patches on a monthly basis even the big mmo out now. That "big" mmo puts out patches then hotfixes to fix the patches they release on numerous occasions. No developer is perfect even the "snow storm" company.

Edited by Zyanzor

This is an old interview and Gabe didn't really acknowledge the faction imbalance. He just basically said: "IF there is faction imbalance, we will uhm..think of incentives" From the massive population imbalance, mirror classes & stories all favoring Empire, and the terrible state of Ilum, you can tell this guy is totally clueless about the state of the game.

Off topic but I'll bite, EVERY single MMO EVER released puts out patches on a monthly basis even the big mmo out now. That "big" mmo puts out patches then hotfixes to fix the patches they release on numerous occasions. No developer is perfect even the "snow storm" company.

I'd just like to say that deciding to "mask" your words by not referring to Blizzard directly just makes you look like an infant.

I'd just like to say that deciding to "mask" your words by not referring to Blizzard directly just makes you look like an infant.

What does a infant have to do with this thread? I just wanted people who didn't know that Bioware will atleast try to fix faction imbalance.

The question isn't if it can be fixed the question is do any of us think BW has a clue as to how to make it happen.

My vote is the game will be on life support and EA will jump in and fire some people and then maybe things will get fixed. Hope I am wrong but I am thoroughly underwhelmed at this point.