Why do Anakin and Padme love each other?

JustTed

ITT: love cannot exist without proper reason

ITT: people 100% naive about "love", human relations in general

do you know why george lucas' prequal story about anakin and padme does not make sense to people such as ourselves? because it is a story of Romantic love and Romantic love does not exist in our universe. Romantic love is an ideal. go read a book.

Romantic love doesn't exist in the real world. Maybe you need to get a girlfriend. A real one and not one that you are in lust with.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ITT: love cannot exist without proper reason

Hey, I'll accept a bad reason. Got one? Like, bad boy complex might work here, but it doesn't carry you all the way to "psychopath." Go ask a girl if you don't believe me.

ITT: people 100% naive about "love", human relations in general

Just the young males in the thread who are desperate to rescue the prequels.

because it is a story of romantic love and romantic love does not exist in our universe. romantic love is an ideal. go read a book.

I have. It's how I can tell how awful this story is. Go date a girl.

Anakin is a total horn dog. He was relentless in trying to gain her affection which he eventually managed to accomplish.

Padme was just being a woman and eventually gave into his advances despite her rational judgment.

Their love does seem so bleh and random but in reality it really does look more or less a realistic relationship.

***** boy goes after girl. Girl, first rejects... rejects again... eventually though, she gives in. If anything they both gave into their hormonal urges and that connection allowed them to mutually "fall in luuvvvv <3". But like in most modern relationships it ended badly.

Edited by Kabloosh

Anakin is a total horn dog. He was relentless in trying to gain her affection which he eventually managed to accomplish.

Padme was just being a woman and eventually gave into his advances despite her rational judgment.

thats more or less what i said but got nothing but a "wow..." back

Why do Han and Leia love each other?

There doesn't seem to be any reason beyond they're both hot. They don't even have any reason to like each other.

I'm just picking this example, at random, to illustrate the categorical senselessness of the originals, a judgement which I'm going to say is actually not an opinion. The originals make no sense. Nothing any of the characters do is intelligible.

Until starting this game I had never met anyone willing to defend these clearly terrible films. You folks astound me. How can you square this circle in your minds?

There doesn't seem to be any reason beyond they're both hot. They don't even have any reason to like each other.

And now the rubber hits the road...

Lea loves Han because he's a rogue with a heart of gold. It's the bad boy complex. See, this actually works here because Han is suave, doesn't whine and cry like a girl, and doesn't butcher children.

See? Very different.

Edited by JustTed

I'm just picking this example, at random, to illustrate the categorical senselessness of the originals, a judgement which I'm going to say is actually not an opinion. The originals make no sense. Nothing any of the characters do is intelligible.

Until starting this game I had never met anyone willing to defend these clearly terrible films. You folks astound me. How can you square this circle in your minds?

Leia had alot of reasons to love Han. He saved the rebellion by helping destroy the deathstar, He saved Luke from Darth Vader, he saved her by cutting his way through many stormtroopers, and he is a good fighter.

And now the rubber hits the road...

Lea loves Han because he's a rogue with a heart of gold. It's the bad boy complex. See, this actually works here because Han is suave, doesn't whine and cry like a girl, and doesn't butcher children.

See? Very different.

still think my answer works

Leia had alot of reasons to love Han. He saved the rebellion by helping destroy the deathstar, He saved Luke from Darth Vader, he saved her by cutting his way through many stormtroopers, and he is a good fighter.

He's also a decent man.

Anakin is a monster. Girl don't like those. Go ask one. Don't take my word for it. I insist you not take my word for it.

He's also a decent man.

Anakin is a monster. Girl don't like those. Go ask one. Don't take my word for it. I insist you not take my word for it.

For Christ's sake how many times do I have to tell you! Morals in Star Wars are complete crap. I have given you at least a dozen examples of why they had terrible morals so don't claim anything like that.

I just can't believe that there is a discussion going on about a WOMAN doing something IRRATIONAL in a MOVIE. And the movie part has the least to do with it...

There's irrational and then there's "Say, that guy crying like a baby who's confessing to slaughtering a whole village? I think I'll marry him."

There's irrational, and then there's this. This is straight-jacket territory.

No you haven't you even said so yourself that you agreed with me.

Yes. What did I say after that?

Morals are irrelevant to the question. It's not the topic.

I also asked you a follow up: So, your point of view is Padme loves Anakin because she's immoral? Is that it?