Why do Anakin and Padme love each other?

JustTed

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my current gf and i have only been together for 3 years but imo padme didnt "love" anakin. Padme was aware of Anakins interest in her and after being alone with only him for a while on Naboo and having Anakin constantly hitting on her she gave in and they slept together. After that Padme, probably confused, believed she loved anakin and got married to not feel like a whore. Few months later being pregnant decided she must love anakin, even if subconsciously to make her feel better about about sleeping with him, getting married to him because she slept with him and being pregnant as a result. It was all to attempt to salvage the downward spiral of her life. She imo was just trying to fix a series of mistakes which lead to more mistakes

my current gf and i have only been together for 3 years but imo padme didnt "love" anakin. Padme was aware of Anakins interest in her and after being alone with only him for a while on Naboo and having Anakin constantly hitting on her she gave in and they slept together. After that Padme, probably confused, believed she loved anakin and got married to not feel like a whore. Few months later being pregnant decided she must love anakin, even if subconsciously to make her feel better about about sleeping with him, getting married to him because she slept with him and being pregnant as a result. It was all to attempt to salvage the downward spiral of her life. She imo was just trying to fix a series of mistakes which lead to more mistakes

Wow...

he was 8 or 9 when they met, she was 14. So that is 5 or 6 years difference. My dad's 7 years older than mom, my sis's husband is 7 years older than her. But since its the chick that is older in the relationship it is somehow weird? please.

Yup, it feels weird. I'm not saying it isn't an unfair social taboo, but it definitley exists, and most girls will tell you it feels weird, not that it would stop them if they worked to get over it with reason and logic, but it would feel weird to begin with, and social reaction would be that it's weird.

The prequels are embarrassing.

I never said anything about "tacked on" and don't know what you're talking about here.

I know both of these things and never claimed otherwise.

You should read my posts before responding to them. It's why you like the prequels; you don't look at things you don't like to think about, lest they break your precious illusions.

I dont think you or anyone else is entitled to deem the prequels were embarrassing. Youre allowed to think so and believe so, its your opinion. But in no way entitled to state it as a fact.

The prequels are embarrassing.

I never said anything about "tacked on" and don't know what you're talking about here.

I know both of these things and never claimed otherwise.

You should read my posts before responding to them. It's why you like the prequels; you don't look at things you don't like to think about, lest they break your precious illusions.

I didn't even quote you dude.

In the quote it says" Horrible tacked on vehicles".

Seriously? you didn't even read the quote I posted about, it wasn't even your own... I can't take the stupidness in here.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

And this is enough to counter "Hey, I just slaughtered a village. Let's cuddle after I cry."

You don't understand women.

You don't understand the galaxy they live in. In that galaxy there just don't seem to be any morals. Other than a jedi making a morally correct decision, think of one instance when someone other than a jedi did something morally correct that didn't benefit they more than morally incorrect, exactly.

You don't understand the galaxy they live in. In that galaxy there just don't seem to be any morals. Other than a jedi making a morally correct decision, think of one instance when someone other than a jedi did something morally correct that didn't benefit they more than morally incorrect, exactly.

to her Sand people don't count as real people.. notice she didn't care about those kids but flipped out when she found out about the jedi younglings... she was racist! :eek:

Edited by Liquidacid

She didn't sleep with him. Padme was pregnant 3 years after they got married. See.

the force brought them together nuff said keep trollin troller, congrats coming to a game forum which you apparently have no interest in, congratulations for tryin to be smart, why does there have to be a reason its a movie, as far as i could care they couldve shook hands and did the dirty just because they could

You don't understand the galaxy they live in. In that galaxy there just don't seem to be any morals.

Second time I'm asking you this now: What does this have to do with love and why Anakin and Padme love each other?

You know romantic love and morals are completely different things, right?

So meanwhile, your point of view is "Padme didn't think the slaughter of a village was bad because there are no morals in Star Wars"? Seriously?

the force brought them together nuff said keep trollin troller, congrats coming to a game forum which you apparently have no interest in, congratulations for tryin to be smart, why does there have to be a reason its a movie, as far as i could care they couldve shook hands and did the dirty just because they could

With writing skills like these, no wonder you like Lucas.

to her Sand people don't count as real people.. notice she didn't care about those kids but flipped out when she found out about the jedi younglings... she was racist! :eek:

The kids were also jedi. Which meant they were on her side. Like in Naboo its only when they are on her side she cares lol.

Disclaimer: I'm not a woman and don't claim to understand the inner workings of their minds. Not even fictional ones. That said, let me point out some reasons Padme might be attracted to Annakin.

1.) He's good looking. I can't watch those movies with females without having to hear how attractive he is.

2.) He's extremely talented. Not only was he an accomplished Jedi but as a kid blew up the droid control ship and was the difference between winning and losing the battle for Naboo, which brings us to,

3.) HE SAVED HER ENTIRE PLANET from being conquered and occupied by the Trade Federation.

4.) He's successful. Points two and three are evidence of that. He would also become the youngest Jedi ever to sit on the Jedi Council, even if he wasn't granted the title of Master.

5. )And this is the most important one (I hope), he was hopelessly in love with and dedicated to her. So great was his devotion that he violated his oaths as a Jedi to marry her and then threw away EVERYTHING for a chance, just a chance to learn how to save her life.

So, to recap he was a good-looking, talented, successful savior of her world and was hopelessly in love with her. You're right; what's there to love?

Second time I'm asking you this now: What does this have to do with love and why Anakin and Padme love each other?

You know romantic love and morals are completely different things, right?

So meanwhile, your point of view is "Padme didn't think the slaughter of a village was bad because there are no morals in Star Wars"? Seriously?

Basically but you ignored another post I made saying why she liked him fine i'll quote myself in the next post.

Because he is strong. He is at least one of the most powerful jedi in the history of their order. He is confident, something I know girls like, he is powerful and can easily protect her, another thing I know they like. He is more human than the other jedis. He is willing to let out his emotions. She knows he trusts her to let out all these emotions. He compliments her when alot of other people probably don't. She knows he actually likes her and is not after power like some senators wanting her might do. He is nice to her, thats another reason. And I don't think slaughtering the Tusken camp did anything to make her think less of him.

Read this post. The entire post.

Read the first post. Carefully.

I have, just because you lack understanding doesnt mean anything. Ive heard arguments made about the prequels not making sense but most of those points can also be countered. I enjoyed the films and felt most if it made sense. Again you are entitled to an opinion, not to deem things as you see fit.

What indication do we get at all in the films that Padmé lacks self-esteem? She's a friggin' gorgeous Senator!

Making stuff up doesn't count. There's no reason given on the screen for her feelings. She just has them because the plot requires them.

Gorgeous girls, can't have low self esteem? *cough* Strippers, *cough* Models, *cough*

Folks in high power occupations at a young age, can't have low self esteem? *cough* Judy Garland, *cough* Every child actor in human history (ok, that one's an exaggeration.)

But, in all fairness, c'mon it's been a while since I've seen the films, and George Lucas, isn't exactly known for his delving into the psyche of his characters, examing their motivations, etc. I may be wrong, as I said it's been a while since I saw the movies, but weren't there a few scenes where Padame was almost pathetically eager to throw her life away "for the greater good" and a few tearful "I don't think I can cope, I'm glad you're here to support me" scenes with Annakin...

If you want pure cinematic evidence I can't give it to you, but reading between the lines...

Edited by Kraygh