The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Patch, who cares?

Exilicus

You caught me.

The fact that I actually listen to devs means I like being led around.

Listen... if you think all of the devs are lying, you probably should leave. I wouldn't play a game if I had the constant belief that it wasn't going to improve.

If you have unsubbed? Leave.

the same devs told the beta testers a year ago that the combat log and targeting were top priorities and would be fixed/implemented before release not hating just telling you. Still not even on the test server.........

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Combat log != damage meeter.

The numbers are allready flying across my screeen so they must be somewhere. How hard would it be to just print it out and display it in the chat?

The hard part is that a lot of the player base does not want it implemented.

You caught me.

The fact that I actually listen to devs means I like being led around.

Listen... if you think all of the devs are lying, you probably should leave. I wouldn't play a game if I had the constant belief that it wasn't going to improve.

If you have unsubbed? Leave.

I haven't unsubbed. Like I said: I give every MMO several months before deciding to continue subscribing. It's only fair: I don't expect their service processes to be on point in the first weeks after launch.

They have, however, promised several updates that should've been implemented already but only got postponed. Do I believe all devs lie? No, you're using the hyperbole to cover your lack of opinion, not surprisingly. But 'they' are keeping us satisfied by updating regularly, shaping perception of a service component performing well, to cover up delays. It's what every company always does, and what they should do if they can't deliver JIT.

But because it's good business practice doesn't mean I have to like it, right? And I can be vocal about it, and I am doing so in a respectful manner.

Like I said: I like the game, but I find the current service, on a content level, lacking. I'm confident they can step up their game, and I'll give them time to do so. In the end: We're only paying monthly because of the extra service. If not for that, why should you sub?

the same devs told the beta testers a year ago that the combat log and targeting were top priorities and would be fixed/implemented before release not hating just telling you. Still not even on the test server.........

We know. What's your point?

Do you have confirmation or hard evidence of this?

Also, everyone in this thread should read this.

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent-they-fixed-this-bug/

I love how people automatically shoot down people that mention they are a software dev/programmer. You people do know that there are quite a few programmers in the world, right?

It is obvious they mention the fact they are a programmer to help validate their post and their experience, which is a perfectly valid way, but if they ever read these forums, or any other game forums for that matter, they would realize that the smartarses will come out in droves to poke fun and say "we are all developers now."

Get over it. I imagine there are many people on the forums that are programmers. Just because you guys are too dense or self-important to realize that their point may actually have more truth than your deluded opinion, does not mean that they are not any less a programmer.

Edited by Sirspongy

I love how people automatically shoot down people that mention they are a software dev/programmer. You people do know that there are quite a few programmers in the world, right?

It is obvious they mention the fact they are a programmer to help validate their post and their experience, which is a perfectly valid way, but if they ever read these forums, or any other game forums for that matter, they would realize that the smartarses will come out in droves to poke fun and say "we are all developers now."

Get over it. I imagine there are many people on the forums that are programmers. Just because you guys are too dense or self-important to realize that their point may actually have more truth than your deluded opinion, does not make them programmers.

I'm an expert in Visual Basic. Does this make me an expert on how to improve MMOs?

I'm an expert in Visual Basic. Does this make me an expert on how to improve MMOs?

Makes you more qualified than someone who has no experience at all with game development, especially since the topic of note is about bugs, which is omnipresent in all coding.

Edited by cdstephen

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/EA

While being relatively stable from august until release, thanks to the build-up of their flagship product SWTOR, the post-release spike lasted only days, until EA stock started dropping rapidly.

Brean Murray Carret & Co analysts have already confirmed sales to be lower than expected, and have since then adjusted their assumptions downward. Todd Mitchell, the one involved, is hardly a rookie in analyzing video games and stock fluctuations.

Oh, ofcourse SWTOR is only one part of the portfolio, but it's their most important asset and one would have expected a different picture to emerge if the game would have been the undeniable success you guys think it is.

Too many fans are plugging their ears. There's nothing wrong with being critical, you can still like the game despite that. I still love it, but I see some glaring mishaps. Most of them due to poor communication.

I'm a strategic planner at an advertising agency, and have been a market researcher the years after I've graduated. I've come to realize how important communication is in the gaming industry, how crucial it is in shaping perception. Bioware can do better. They might be new to the specific MMO niche, but they are a solid company. I keep faith.

Oh, and while I agree initial sales matter less than customer retention, you can't keep what you don't have.

Are the analysts having unrealistic expectations? Possibly. But don't forget the gargantuan amount of costs EA/Bioware has made in order to develop, produce and market this game. They need to reach high-target goals in order to get a proper ROE.

Edited by Dekadez

Seems everyone on this forum is a software dev. I probably am too, but I just don't know it.

Well i guess MMO in general attract software developer. From all the friends i know in sw:tor (9) 5 are senior software dev. If i extend this factor to the entire player base, i guess there is in fact a lot of software developer playing this game ;-)

Well you might have a better idea of how a program or script takes precision and planning, not a gung-ho approach.

Yes, but I have no idea how hard it is to integrate in to the current engine structure. I have no idea what BioWare already has planned for current issues. I do not know what language their code is even in. See what I'm saying? Your average programmer does not know what goes in to something they have not touched. It does not take an expert programmer to figure that out.

as theres not point in it when you can press C and see how much dmg you can dish out.

I am really more interested to see my incomming damage. Anyways, viewning your character sheet says nothing about individual abilities, skills modifiers, absorbation numbers etc. Also when the abilities and skills seems to not function properly it would be nice to see the numbers yourself.

My guess is that the main reason for this not to be included is that it would make apparent lagre ammounts of bugs and balancing issues. Right now nobody can tell.

Okay fine show me hard factual numbers from a trusted non fan industry source, produce that and we will believe you.

Congratulations, I nominate you for the biggest fan-boy on these forums. That is your goal isn't it? Is there an award? If there weren't any negative posts how would you rack up your thread count?

As much as you think you are you are, you are no better than all the haters. You just hate in a different way.

Maybe they changed their mind when they discovered a lot of people do not want combat logs at all. This is why they tell us so little about what is planned for the game. People like you reads it like a binding promise.

Maybe they changed their mind when they discovered a lot of people do not want combat logs at all. This is why they tell us so little about what is planned for the game. People like you reads it like a binding promise.

Yah when the dev of a game that i pay for tells me somthing i take it as the truth my bad

Sorry son, but this is the wrong place to maturely discuss said matters. You're at the prepubescent fanboy ivory tower hideout den.

Tread lightly.

The game has been losing market share ever since the holiday season ended, and this has caused a spike in rabid blind adoration and stifling of anything resembling an argument. The lack of necessary updates gets covered up here so bad that OJ would wish he knew some of these guys when it mattered most.

Go to MMO Champion if you want a proper discussion on the state of SWTOR. You're not going to find it here.

So let me get this straight. You have conclusive evidence that the decline of market share can be directly attributed to the lack of features that other games have? Can't wait to see that study, please link it.

Ever consider the fact THAT EVERY SINGLE GAME, especially a game with a prestigous title like Star Wars, is going to have a massive initial interest based on name alone. The features you seek could in fact have ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING to do with decline in market share? I doubt you have, because that wouldn't support your self-serving argument.

I sincerley doubt you are qualified to be making assesments and predictions about market stability, market trends, and market projections. To be perfectly honest - the people that are qualified to do that, at this time of the day, aren't on an MMO forum - guess where they are? Watching the market.

Edited by Chewpaco

I would rather they work on gameplay issues like:

Terrible tab targeting.

Inability to click on nameplates to target.

Crew skill announcements canceling everything you're doing.

Abilities not always working when selected (especially if you put that skill on a "mouse wheel up/down").

etc...

But hey - at least they tweak the UI to make it flash and not work correctly anymore.

Yah when the dev of a game that i pay for tells me somthing i take it as the truth my bad

Stephen Reid said there would be a grace period. Things changed so that their was not one. It got fixed soon after, but nothing was promised, so nothing was set in stone.

So let me get this straight. You have conclusive evidence that the decline of market share can be directly attributed to the lack of features that other games have? Can't wait to see that study, please link it.

Ever consider the fact THAT EVERY SINGLE GAME, especially a game with a prestigous title like Star Wars, is going to have a massive initial interest based on name alone. The features you seek could in fact have ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING to do with decline in market share? I doubt you have, because that wouldn't support your self-serving argument.

Well done ignoring my last post. You're only exposing yourself as a fanboy with a lack of an opinion of his own, regurgitating whatever anyone else on these boards type, so you can cope with the cognitive dissonance of having bought a product you had such high hopes and expectations for, which only got delivered in part.

No it says that they won't allow organized and funded negative campaigns to adversely affect their product and the only people who are butturt over it were part of the campaign or had something to gain from it.

And that's how we know it worked perfectly, there is now an "us" and a "them". People are playing victim on Bioware's behalf at every opportunity and everyone who disagrees with them is part of "them".

The only people who disagree with us are the bad guys! "That doesn't apply to me, I don't work for X marketing firm, he got what was coming to him! I'm a good fan!"

Look up a man named Martin Niemöller when you get a chance.