Dungeon Finder Needed Badly

Obi-Wun

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign me up as one of the ppl which support 100 % cross-realm dungeon finder because I'm paying this game to have fun and to enjoy every moment of it and not to spamm in frustration for 2 hours or more general chat looking for that tank or that healer to show up while having other players in my group waiting to get that role filled which might not get filled in the end at all.

Also when were at dungeon finder I think that cross-realm finder should be also introduced for heroic quests on planets because sometimes those quests just cant be done because there is lack of ppl to do them on planets.

And ppl should know that this tool if introduced would be totally optional so nobody would be forced to use it but for us who would like to see it and I beleive there are a lot of ppl which want it it should get into game.

LFG tool should come with the option to toggle between cross-server and just server search.

Edited by Lunablade

There is no good argument against a cross server LFG tool. Community? lol faceless aliases over an internet connection is not a community.

Sure there is.. It destroys the need for guilds.. It also destroys the community on a single server..

There are actually a lot of valid reasons not to have it.. Now is there one that you agree with?? Probably not.. But that doesn't mean there isn't reasons against.. :cool:

Sure there is.. It destroys the need for guilds.. It also destroys the community on a single server..

There are actually a lot of valid reasons not to have it.. Now is there one that you agree with?? Probably not.. But that doesn't mean there isn't reasons against.. :cool:

LFG has been in WoW for over 2 years. There are still Guilds a plenty in WoW. Your argument fails.

I played WoW pre and post LFG and saw absolutely no issues with either community or my guild. As a matter of fact, I would say both, on my server, were stronger as a result.

But, my experiences aren't necessarily universal.

I played WoW pre and post LFG and saw absolutely no issues with either community or my guild. As a matter of fact, I would say both, on my server, were stronger as a result.

But, my experiences aren't necessarily universal.

I met one of the best guilds I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of through the LFD tool.

Destroying the need for guilds might actually be a good thing. Then maybe we could move away from the current end-game raiding model that gave rise to the need for guilds.

And it would create a much larger cross-server community, which should be the way the genre should be moving forward, if the appropriate tools (cross-server chat, cross-server friend lists, possibility to group for open-world content with phasing technology) are implemented too.

Face it, the days of completely disconnected 'shards' are (or will be very soon) over. And the only reason they ever appeared were technical limitations, not some desire to foster smaller, more 'meaningful', communities.

Actually, there IS an argument against cross-server LFG

EVERYTHING the game does to slow your advancement increases the amount of time until you keep paying Bioware. The idiotic transit system you cannot get off of? increase travel time just to the bare limit of tolerable. waiting till level 14 to get a sprint? increases travel time. lfg calls? increase play time.

I am not saying it's a good argument, but slowing down advancement or giving you 'down time' certainly makes sense financially, as long as they can balance it against the quality of life issues it causes.

I, for one, am totally for a dungeon finder... I am...skeptical about it being cross-server (issues with duplicate names is a big one) but for internal server functionality, I am totally in favor. I am not holding my breath though. I know it's going to happen, but the time frame could be punishing.

You must not have played many mmo because, even the worst mmo, has a LFG Tools... and in none the community was destroyd by that.

Guilds are the basis of any mmo, and even a newbie khow how important is to play in a well organized Guild, exspecially when you rich the cap.

Players who usually do not want a LFG System is because they want certain content remains elitist and not available to casual players.

The game is losing players, Diablo III will ship soon or later and GW2 is almost in Beta...

A LFG Tools will not destroy the guild or the community, but its absence will destroy the game.

(sorry for my english)

Well in 2 days my account will finally roll over, I won't resub. *snip*

TLDR: I'll be back in 6 months when they make positive changes to the game.

EDIT: Farewell Blueskittles, Maglinx, Ferroz, Errox, Nitewolf and many others whose discussion and forum enjoyment made my time spent in SWTOR that much better. If only we had a cross server so we could group together.

EDIT 2: Could anyone recommend any free MMORPG's with a decent trial? I don't want to drop cash on another MMORPG until I try it extensively.

Glad you posted before you left, Touch. It's been a real pleasure meeting you on these boards and I can't wait until the day we can do some cross-server flashpoints and operations together. Hopefully it won't take the devs 6 months but you are probably correct.

As for other free to play MMO's. Star Trek online made some decent changes in their last patch which also made them free to play. DCUO has gorgeous graphics and a fun action-style gameplay (also completely free to play). And pretty much all other MMO's have at least the first 20 levels free to play nowadays (WoW, Rift), if not the whole game (DDO, LOTRO).

Hope to see you again in a galaxy, far, far away. Sorry, had to be said. :rak_smile:

LFG has been in WoW for over 2 years. There are still Guilds a plenty in WoW. Your argument fails.

Actually no it doesn't.. Guilds are failing in WOW.. I have been there and seen it happen the last 2 years.. Your denial doesn't make you right.. It just makes you in denial.. I am sorry you can't face the truth.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

Actually no it doesn't.. Guilds are failing in WOW.. I have been there and seen it happen the last 2 years.. Your denial doesn't make you right.. It just makes you in denial.. I am sorry you can't face the truth.. :rolleyes:

Guilds fail all the time for various and a sundry reasons... attributing it to the cross server LFG is a stretch of laffy taffy proportions!

The guild I started before the LFG tool was implemented is still growing and thriving 2+ years later... hmmmm, they must be able to resist the EVIL that is commonly known as "cross server LFG tool".

No, we enjoyed that too... guess not!

According to you WoW is just completely dead with nothing going for it at all. Yet it has 10million+ subscribers...

"Guilds are failing!"

"LFD Killed WoW!"

"Dual Specs killed WoW!"

Honestly, the amount of rubbish you come out with is really quite funny.

Edited by chaosdefined

According to you WoW is just completely dead with nothing going for it at all. Yet it has 10million+ subscribers...

"Guilds are failing!"

"LFD Killed WoW!"

"Dual Specs killed WoW!"

Honestly, the amount of rubbish you come out with is really quite funny.

Hmmm.. Loss of over 2 million subscribers in about a year.. I would say that is substancial since last word this game had about 2 million subscribers.. Again, it appears you are in denial.. Judging from all the offers I get get from Blizzard, I would say they are still losing peeps.. I am now in the Beta for Diablo 3.. I was invited about 2 or 3 weeks ago.. I don't really play it, and I doubt I have even completely downloaded it. Not to mention, Since Sept. of last year when I quit, I have had at least 2 opportunities to play WOW for 20 days for free..

Let's not forget their offer of subscribing to WOW for a year and getting Diablo 3 for free.. I doubt Blizzard is doing that because they are bursting at the seems with subscriptions.. They are trying to stop the bleeding of players.. Which continues to this day..

People didn't wake up one day and decide just to leave WOW.. There were reasons..

Again, your denial doesn't make what you say right.. It just makes you in denial.. You can call it rubbish all you want.. It still just means you are in denial..

WOW is obviously not at the 12 million it once was.. This can be attributed to a number of things.. Denying reality doesn't make you right and someone else wrong.. But I am sure you will deny that too.. :cool:

Edited by MajikMyst

Hmmm.. Loss of over 2 million subscribers in about a year.. I would say that is substancial since last word this game had about 2 million subscribers.. Again, it appears you are in denial.. Judging from all the offers I get get from Blizzard, I would say they are still losing peeps.. I am now in the Beta for Diablo 3.. I was invited about 2 or 3 weeks ago.. I don't really play it, and I doubt I have even completely downloaded it. Not to mention, Since Sept. of last year when I quit, I have had at least 2 opportunities to play WOW for 20 days for free..

Let's not forget their offer of subscribing to WOW for a year and getting Diablo 3 for free.. I doubt Blizzard is doing that because they are bursting at the seems with subscriptions.. They are trying to stop the bleeding of players.. Which continues to this day..

People didn't wake up one day and decide just to leave WOW.. There were reasons..

Again, your denial doesn't make what you say right.. It just makes you in denial.. You can call it rubbish all you want.. It still just means you are in denial..

WOW is obviously not at the 12 million it once was.. This can be attributed to a number of things.. Denying reality doesn't make you right and someone else wrong.. But I am sure you will deny that too.. :cool:

And you telling people they are in denial, doesn't make you right.

Also, think about it.. WoW has the luxury of losing 2M subs in one year (BW would love 2M subs long term) and still be the big gorilla in the genre (by an overwhelming margin). That's a stat right there!

Wouldn't you love, as a company, to have the luxury of losing more subs than your closest competitor even has and still be more than 5x's their size? I know I would...

And you telling people they are in denial, doesn't make you right.

Also, think about it.. WoW has the luxury of losing 2M subs in one year (BW would love 2M subs long term) and still be the big gorilla in the genre (by an overwhelming margin). That's a stat right there!

Wouldn't you love, as a company, to have the luxury of losing more subs than your closest competitor even has and still be more than 5x's their size? I know I would...

I was typing out a response to that person and decided to just put them on ignore instead lol.

Some people are not worth arguing with even.

I agree with you completely.

I know most gaming companies would LOVE to be as fail as wow is even now!

Well in 2 days my account will finally roll over, I won't resub. As it stands, I'm in one of the more popular servers and still can't find groups for the planet heroics at all. Whenever I'm in fleet the majority of advertisements for "LFM Heroic X" requires gear levels at or above the threshold for heroics. With this kind of rampant elitism and a total vacant world while leveling I don't see a point paying to support these kind of development decisions.

I was debating holding over to the March patch but I don't see the point. Adding legacy stuff will just be races/early speeder/some other appearance stuff and the only thing I'm going to be interested in is a 5% exp boost or something similar. Adding another ops/flashpoint when I don't do them already is a complete waste of time. In fact do we even know if it's coming in March??

Bioware has made a lot of mistakes with the releasing of this game, I can understand not wanting cross server but there should of been some consideration for people on low population/low faction/off peak times for assembling teams. Apparently other features are important then the quality of our gaming experience and that just astounds me. Furthermore, I loved the leveling in this game, enough to justify the purchase. How in Gods name did they make it so linear and redundant? I love alts but I can't justify doing the same content over and over again with little variation. Worst is with every alt I level it becomes more difficult to form teams and it becomes a bigger waste of my time.

TLDR: I'll be back in 6 months when they make positive changes to the game.

EDIT: Farewell Blueskittles, Maglinx, Ferroz, Errox, Nitewolf and many others whose discussion and forum enjoyment made my time spent in SWTOR that much better. If only we had a cross server so we could group together.

EDIT 2: Could anyone recommend any free MMORPG's with a decent trial? I don't want to drop cash on another MMORPG until I try it extensively.

Ill miss seeing you on the forums. IMO the game is losing one of the good voices for good change when you leave.

I completely understand why. I will be keeping my sub for a while longer but this is due to swtor not being my only mmo i play. If i was limited to just one mmo swtor would not be it.

If i had to pick just one mmo to play i have to stay with wow.

Any ways i wish you the best of luck Touchbass and hope to see you around in some other games! Its been great hearing your thoughts.

I was typing out a response to that person and decided to just put them on ignore instead lol.

Some people are not worth arguing with even.

I agree with you completely.

I know most gaming companies would LOVE to be as fail as wow is even now!

No doubt! Think about this...

If WoW keeps losing 2M subs a year... they will be SW's size in 4 years (assuming SW has 2M subs in 4 years). That's shrinkage, but its not a killer by any stretch! And who wouldn't want to dominate their market for over 10 years without even a close competitor? Heck, by that point, WoW should die, even if Blizz just pulls the power cord themselves.

No doubt! Think about this...

If WoW keeps losing 2M subs a year... they will be SW's size in 4 years (assuming SW has 2M subs in 4 years). That's shrinkage, but its not a killer by any stretch! And who wouldn't want to dominate their market for over 10 years without even a close competitor? Heck, by that point, WoW should die, even if Blizz just pulls the power cord themselves.

My account rolls over tomorrow morning : 0

The thing is SWTOR doesn't have 2 million subs. Think about it, after one month they had 1.7 subs that were 'active'. Its been over a month since that's happened and they haven't shouted to the world about their numbers hitting 2 million. My bet is they are waiting for the oceanic numbers to come to bring them back up to 1.5~ million so they can boast about sustaining a large threshold of numbers when in fact they've already lost over a 1 million subs off the bat.

It's the same reason WoW is faltering, people less and less don't like the current MMORPG model or to rephrase, the increasing majority of people who play the current MMORPG model are fickle and play only when there is content that they enjoy. I noticed this is in WoW as most of me and my friends were subbed the entire vanilla/BC but only through chunks of WOTLK and Cata cause we had other stuff to do.

2 cents

Gonna miss you guys, but don't worry I'll be back once they address some stuff. My deal breaker is group content so any realistic good fix that you guys validate I'll be back. I'd even settle for an internal server tool as my server is packed during good hours.

Edited by Touchbass

My sub to WoW has expired but that's simply down to the fact I'm bored of the content. I've done Dragon Soul and all the rest, I'm not really feeling like farming them on alts for the next 4 or 5 months until Mists Of Pandaria comes out, I'll just resub then instead.

I also really love Old Republic and I'd really love to see it succeed and play both games for years to come. That's why I really want to see some quality of life improvements made for a lot of players in order to keep the game successful.

I'm not on here arguing why something is needed because I'm a lazy player or for any malicious reasoning, I think they're needed to keep people playing and gain more players.

I want the game to be great.

My sub to WoW has expired but that's simply down to the fact I'm bored of the content. I've done Dragon Soul and all the rest, I'm not really feeling like farming them on alts for the next 4 or 5 months until Mists Of Pandaria comes out, I'll just resub then instead.

I also really love Old Republic and I'd really love to see it succeed and play both games for years to come. That's why I really want to see some quality of life improvements made for a lot of players in order to keep the game successful.

I'm not on here arguing why something is needed because I'm a lazy player or for any malicious reasoning, I think they're needed to keep people playing and gain more players.

I hear ya man, this was suppose to be my Pandaria gap

I am beginning to think the anti lfg crowd do not want a great successful game. The want a niche market game that caters to there limited view.

They would prefer the game stay small and fit what they like instead of growing. They would not care if the game had just 2 servers with a few thousand players as long as the game stayed the way they like it. They are basically saying the majority can leave and BW can suffer the wraith of EA (we all know what EA does to a studio that does not produce) as long as the game stays the way they like it. They would not mind if swtor suffered the fate of warhammer since all they really need is one server to hold them.

Here is a idea that should please both... Make some of the many many dead servers here none cross server and offer free transfers to those servers for the ones that dont like it.

As someone who has played MMO's for a while now and plays in an active enough guild, I can't agree enough that this game needs a Flash Point finder of some kind.

I play on a PvE server. I am not a huge fan of PvP. I enjoy the occasional Warzone but overall, that's not why I play an MMO. I enjoy doing Hardmode Flashpoints even if I might already have the gear in that instance.

I enjoy playing alternate characters. However, that doesn't mean it's why I play this game. For the most part, when I get a character to max level, I like to play that character as often as possible. Sometimes I need a reprieve from that character, but those times are few and far between.

My guild is decently active. There is usually somewhere between 8-14 guild mates online at a time. Most of them 50 and we clear Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace during the week. We try the occasional HM operation. We do usually at least a couple hard mode flashpoints most nights of the week. We are a casual guild, and that is what I enjoy.

However, there are times this isn't the case. There are times where I can sit at the Republic Fleet after all my dailes are done or what have you where I would like to do a Flash Point. I sit there, spamming the same message "DPS LFG Any HM FP. PST"

Sometimes I find another DPS or healer, and I think hey this might actually happy. Only to sit there for another 45 minutes trying to finding the other 1-2 we need for it to not happen and decide to just log off for the night.

I'm not saying I'm going to quit the game right now. I enjoy the time I do get to do flashpoints and when I do ops with my guild. I just do wish that there was a tool like this in the game, as I feel I'd get more enjoyment from the game overall.

As someone who has played MMO's for a while now and plays in an active enough guild, I can't agree enough that this game needs a Flash Point finder of some kind.

I play on a PvE server. I am not a huge fan of PvP. I enjoy the occasional Warzone but overall, that's not why I play an MMO. I enjoy doing Hardmode Flashpoints even if I might already have the gear in that instance.

I enjoy playing alternate characters. However, that doesn't mean it's why I play this game. For the most part, when I get a character to max level, I like to play that character as often as possible. Sometimes I need a reprieve from that character, but those times are few and far between.

My guild is decently active. There is usually somewhere between 8-14 guild mates online at a time. Most of them 50 and we clear Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace during the week. We try the occasional HM operation. We do usually at least a couple hard mode flashpoints most nights of the week. We are a casual guild, and that is what I enjoy.

However, there are times this isn't the case. There are times where I can sit at the Republic Fleet after all my dailes are done or what have you where I would like to do a Flash Point. I sit there, spamming the same message "DPS LFG Any HM FP. PST"

Sometimes I find another DPS or healer, and I think hey this might actually happy. Only to sit there for another 45 minutes trying to finding the other 1-2 we need for it to not happen and decide to just log off for the night.

I'm not saying I'm going to quit the game right now. I enjoy the time I do get to do flashpoints and when I do ops with my guild. I just do wish that there was a tool like this in the game, as I feel I'd get more enjoyment from the game overall.

Yeah, something has to be done. There inability to priortize this issue was the final straw for moi.