Bioware does love empire more...

Archaegeo

Its true I think.

I finally broke down and started an alt. Went from 50 sage to a sith inq assassin.

Wow.

First, the first companion actually uses str/end items and a vibrosword (If you dont know why this is good, you will learn)

Second, the delays on project versus the instant shock are all too apparent.

Black Talon is a much easier flashpoint and much quicker to boot (this is important when you are rinse/repeating it)

All in all so far, empire just feels easier and more fun, but it could just be the fun of a new classes mechanics.

while I agree that these are issues that need to be addressed, I think that if we can learn to play on a level competitively with them even with these handicaps, we will be far better players and have the advantage when then do fix it! (but then they will QQ since we have mad skills) ;)

BW likes the Empire better? Oh hell yeah! Best starter pets (Vette and mako), better itemised companions (did you know Elara still has Cunning on her weapons? - she is a trooper and needs Aim, BTW)

All that does not mean I don't like what we have on this side of the fence. I'm here to have fun. I have played imps and loved it. I have played pubs and been engrosed in the stories. It is easy to see there is a bias, but it is not so skewed as to make the good guys unplayable.

Edited by Dominoris

I disagree. It just seems like a paranoid notion that they'd actually favor one faction in any way. What benefit would they get from such a situation? They make their buck when the most people are having the most fun, and giving either side any perceptible advantage does nothing to encourage that. And if you're a multi-bajillion-dollar company that has a goal of parity, you put people in charge of overseeing those issues who are good at what they do.

As far as the Black Talon vs. Esseles thing goes, I agree that Black Talon feels shorter, and one of them would have to give us their thoughts on that to hear the real story. But if I were designing the first flashpoint for either side, I wouldn't be worrying about its grindability, as the first flashpoint will unlikely see anywhere near the amount of grinding that the top-level ones will.

Anyway. Just my 2 credits :-)

Its true I think.

First, the first companion actually uses str/end items and a vibrosword (If you dont know why this is good, you will learn)

Im still chuckling...so true, so true...

But yeah, at least with consular/inq, it has been stated, and is obvious in game, that the Inq's were done first/best, from their animations on down.

companion gear is a clear indication that they screwed up bigtime. why did stuff like this go on Live is beyond me.

companion gear:

Sith inquisitor= strenght/endurance, vibro sword. pretty much all commendation vendors have a nice moddable vibrosword.

jedi counselor: aim/endurance, Techblade. only way to get techblade= overpriced boe on market place, greens at vendor or quest rewards. i have yet to see a techblade drop from any boss. currently lvl 46 on my sage.

Where are the commendation-techblades, Bioware?

and as someone pointed out above: Elara Dorne, trooper companion starts out in full cunning-gear, her main stat beeing aim= she is totally crap until you find her a set of aim gear.

I did notice when trying out an emp alt that their starting zone was much more condensed then tython, and leveling through the first zone seemed much faster. There were also 2 (or 3?) heroic quests vs 1, and 3 champion mobs vs 2 (one of which is unkillable solo at 11).

Then there's the fact that armor on emp side all looks menacing and cool while repub get clown suits. Heck, take a piece of armor, try it on as republic and it'll look stupid. Try the same piece on as emp and it now has a totally different and awesome looking model.

It's no wonder emp fleet had 180ish people on while repub fleet had just 110. And their starting zone had around 80 people while repub had 20 lol. And I think my server has a more balanced population then most.

Gear might be harder to get for my trandosian(sp?) friend, but I enjoy his company a lot more than Khem Val on my Assassin. Luckily I am a tanking Shadow and I use my companions for dps or heals. In MY experience, I have not had too much trouble while soloing (or whatever you call it when you have a companion). I can do 2+ Heroics when they turn green and soloing has been smooth.

Well...if you take a char on empire side, level it to 10, take a rep char, level to 10.....strip of all gear (same class of course)....join a warzone. Empire gets a natural 10% or more EXTRA surge boost than the republic does, not sure what the republic is supposed to get if anything, but it seems like nothing when you compare them, all the stats are higher on empire naked chars than the same exact "mirror" for republic. I know some people who are pissed about how bioware keeps giving empire more benifits.

They knew over a year before release, Empire was going to be over crowded and republic would need help to get people to make characters there. So to help this out, they buff empire players.....ya, that sounds about right......right?

More people will play empire so lets buff them, so no one will play republic eventually?

Also, we all know devs don't read these. Look at the 300-400 page long complaints about the bad choice in cooldown UI graphics that they put appearently not listening to testers either, among other things as well. Simple things to do, and they are busy ignoring people with good imput that makes them money, and instead want to fix things that are not broken

You guys are surprised? I saw this coming, it *IS* mythic, after all. Remeber WAR? Look at those "mirrors". A black orc stood head and shoulders over its "mirror" the swordmaster. The only bright spot was the bright mage. So at least alliance had one of the nastier ones. Seems they decided to give all the perks to one side this time.

Everything about the empire is better. Storylines, the one liners, the environments, the abilities, the armor, even the fleet station looks cooler. Oh yeah, and no coruscant. God I hate coruscant.

I think BW missed the fact that the Sith Empire loses. I am glad GL wrote Star Wars and not some sith fan boy otherwise Star Wars would be very depressing and sad.

The Jedi need force protect and force absorb from the jedi knight jedi academy game then they could be on equal footing. The ability to make lightning, choke, and other dark side abilities worthless was awesome and is needed by the jedi consulars.

Its true I think.

I finally broke down and started an alt. Went from 50 sage to a sith inq assassin.

Wow.

Black Talon is a much easier flashpoint and much quicker to boot (this is important when you are rinse/repeating it)

All in all so far, empire just feels easier and more fun, but it could just be the fun of a new classes mechanics.

Ok sorry I have to be kinda an *** here, you're opening statement, comparing apples to oranges... a sorc to an assassin, completely different playstyles. I have a 50 Assassin, specced into the tank tree, it's my favorite class, I started a Jedi Shadow he's only at 25 but is going to be going into the tank tree as well.

I'm sorry but using project's delay to your advantage when unstealthing is amazing, you can smack 3 Imp's off an objective before they know what happened. This is mainly for alderaan when smart opponents aren't all clumped on the objective to be aoe slapped off. Also coming out of stealth in a pack of Imp ranged DPS and healers with project then maul(the backstab forget the jedi name), spike and then a knockback throws enemy healers all off balance because you just hit 3 of them for good chunks before they could even get the full unstealth animation. and personal experience here is that doing the spike/shock straight out of stealth leads to most enemies knocking me back instantly or stunning. That slight delay seems to screw everyones timing.

I also think it's cool Jedi have the delay because thats the jedi mentality, pick stuff up and throw it while Sith crush someone's throat with the force.

I'm not gonna argue shock/project between sage/sorc because i have no experience playing either class.

Esseles is a bit longer but is almost a guaranteed level at 10/11, and you're argument about Qyzen v Khem val... getting gear for either is pretty simple... and they're both ugly as sin.

I would have rather seen exact mirrors of some classes though, Troopers on both sides, agents on both sides, Jedi/sith being very similar as they are WITH maybe more cuddly/killer differences. BUT dun dun dun big reveal Smugglers and BH's would be completely unique classes. This would be cool. IMO.

BUT I digress with one final rant and I will stop making everyone's eyes bleed with bad grammar and run on sentences.

/RANT ON/

This honestly sounds like the "Grass is Greener" mentality. I started Imp BH merc first character, then went rep vangaurd and jesus it felt a hundred times easier, but like you I was comparing two completely different playstyles. and had the "shiny new stuff" blinders on. now going back and forth on a few charachters it all feels the damn same with one side wanting to kill and maim the fuzzy wuzzies and the other wanting to cuddle them!

/RANT OFF/

Of course BW puts more effort and gives more benefits to Empire. They have more players so that is the majority of their customers and not by a small percentage I would think.

The problem in general with MMO's is that they aren't made to be balanced games, they are meant to make money and by making the majority of their player base stronger, they are making them happier and it will make them want to stay.

I like a challenge in games, like BT is much easier and shorter than The Esseles, however I will take longer and more challenging in a game any day.

Its true I think.

Wow.

I can sum up my feelings on this post in one word.

Bollocks.