Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What did they do to Assassins?

Zoltin

actually it is if you are not a stance dancer. Madness and Darkness trees got buffs

and if you are a deception spec that already has surging charge, the only change is that induction now can Also proc off Assassinate. which is a buff....

So unless you are a stance dancer the patch was very sin friendly

actually it is if you are not a stance dancer. Madness and Darkness trees got buffs

and if you are a deception spec that already has surging charge, the only change is that induction now can Also proc off Assassinate. which is a buff....

So unless you are a stance dancer the patch was very sin friendly

besides killing off hybrids. i wouldn't call it very friendly, we barely came out ahead imo.

its like all my attacks are on Globel cooldown there. I make two attacks and I have to wait for my force to gain again. Is there something I need to do to composite for this?

you sound like a Deception assassin. Go darkness and see if you still complain.

It also removed one of our major utilities, switching to defensive stance and shielding.

Which in turn messes with both optimal peeling rotations and our ability to take sustained damage by switching stances.

They really, really want all Assassins to play tank. Not only can one of our major CC's (spike) be used out of stealth as tank BUT that spec has the only ranged utility of any in Pull.

It also removed one of our major utilities, switching to defensive stance and shielding.

Which in turn messes with both optimal peeling rotations and our ability to take sustained damage by switching stances.

They really, really want all Assassins to play tank. Not only can one of our major CC's (spike) be used out of stealth as tank BUT that spec has the only ranged utility of any in Pull.

I'm sorry--Spike is a major CC? A two second stun? Really?

Not whirlwind? Not electrocute? Not Mind Trap?

Also, why do you write entirely in italics? It makes reading your posts very awkward.

Were Sins that OP? Dam, was watching Youtube vids on Opertives doing 8k damages and warriors up to 9k per hit. Didnt know sins owned over those other classes.

Any advice in spec changes would be appeacated tho :D

Speaking about pvp, I seriosly doubt, that darkness got a buff, since the energise got nerfed from 50 to 30% proc chance and energised shocks are the main dmg source of a darkness sin, don't think harnessed darkness proc from wither can make it, since using lightning is very situational in pvp and healing from it is also affected by 30% decrease there.

Edited by Glau

Speaking about pvp, I seriosly doubt, that darkness got a buff, since the energise got nerfed from 50 to 30% proc chance and energised shocks are the main dmg source of a darkness sin, don't think harnessed darkness proc from wither can make it, since using lightning is very situational in pvp and healing from it is also affected by 30% decrease there.

It's not a buff, but it's not a nerf.

Energize DID get nerfed from 50% to 30%. But it also got changed to "from ability proc" to a "per hit proc". Before, casting Thrash gave you a 50% chance to proc. Now, casting Thrash gives 0% chance to proc, but each hit you do (Thrash is 2 hits animation) has a 30% chance to proc each. Overall, it's not that bad.

Harnessed Darkness lightning with Recklesness up is 30m range, and hits 75% harder, and heals you for 8% in PvP, 12% in PvE. It's quite nice.

Also Harnessed Darkness buff lasts 30 seconds now. So if you finish the fight with 2 of them, you can just use them at the start of the next fight, instead of losing them like before.

Overall, Darkness is quite nice now. Not amazing, not overpowere. But nicer than it was.

You have obviously never played a darkness sin then.

3 stacked HD force lightning is absolutly devestating in PVP to finish someone off. ANd if you pop reck with it, forget about it. You can litterally takes someone from 40%-0% with that move, and if anything is left, assassinate finishes them of. Ive always used wither sparingly, in order to get my 3 stacks, now i can get people debuffed much easier without losing my HD stacks.

And since thrash hits twice, going down to 30% means very little since it can proc of each attack. and they added in assassinate, which helps us to go into our next kill with stacks.

Were Sins that OP? Dam, was watching Youtube vids on Opertives doing 8k damages and warriors up to 9k per hit. Didnt know sins owned over those other classes.

Any advice in spec changes would be appeacated tho :D

Thing is they actually do if you pit them against each other. In fact, Darkness Assassin now > all 1v1. The patch edged us past the best Mauraders and Powertechs.

Thing is they actually do if you pit them against each other. In fact, Darkness Assassin now > all 1v1. The patch edged us past the best Mauraders and Powertechs.

Yeap, Force Lightning being uninterruptible with HD just WRECKS them. They need to save their CC for just FL, otherwise they take way too much damage. And all their interrupts have no effect. And if I spike them just before I channel, most of the damage still gets through.

Darkness Sins are definitely viable. Running into one who ALREADY had a 3x stack from a previous fight is downright nasty.

I wouldn't say we're OP though. But definitely not weak any more.

Edited by Sabbathius

I'm sorry--Spike is a major CC? A two second stun? Really?

Not whirlwind? Not electrocute? Not Mind Trap?

Also, why do you write entirely in italics? It makes reading your posts very awkward.

Spike is a knockkdown you cant recvoer with any of your "stun breaker" skills, so yes it is the main and the best CC in PVP due to the fact it can put down anybody and there is no defence against it.

Spike is a knockkdown you cant recvoer with any of your "stun breaker" skills, so yes it is the main and the best CC in PVP due to the fact it can put down anybody and there is no defence against it.

I think you can. You just have to press a movement key as you trinket, otherwise the "getting up" animation will keep playing and it'll look like you're still CCd, even though you're not.

At least that's how it worked on the Operative knockdown, so I imagine it's the same for Sins.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.