The Ideal Guild Quiz!

Dink

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been lucky enough to gain an excellent new recruit this week thanks to joining this Guild Quiz. Great work and keep it up!

Excellent to hear the quiz is working for you :)

Vu'traat has been added to the quiz - Welcome :)

Looks like you guys are gonna be real busy with the Server Transfers. Do you have a plan in place for updating The Guilds that are moving?

I'll be contacting the leaders for all guilds currently included in the quiz to hopefully get updated servers from each of them. I'm expecting there will be a small amount of dropoff since historically, not every guild leader responds, but hopefully we'll still be able to keep the majority of those included updated as the migrations move forward :)

So I was playing around with this and basically filled out everything to indicate that I'm a player very interested in PvE and PvP with indifference to RP. The quiz recommended a heavy RP guild with casual/laid back style to gaming....

Guilds recommended to me by the IGQ:

Pretty much a newbie with this - my other half set me up on SWTOR and got me into a guild, I have no idea how, but as I am transferring am I going to need to sort a new guild? :confused: I'm Lvl 31 Trooper Commando

I've looked into the guilds above but some of them have been completely inactive for months, one has even been closed completely

Any ideas would be very welcome!!

Edited by MissPickle

So I was playing around with this and basically filled out everything to indicate that I'm a player very interested in PvE and PvP with indifference to RP. The quiz recommended a heavy RP guild with casual/laid back style to gaming....

It's possible that given your answers, you were closer to how that specific guild leader answered the questions regarding their guild. You have to remember that each match given is based purely upon that comparison, each question has a weight (some higher than others), and the point value of each answer you give that is closer to what a guild leader gave, will mean more points towards that guild in the final calculation.

To use an example I've detailed before: if you are adamantly against voice chat being a requirement in a guild (and you answer that question accordingly to indicate that), even if you choose '5' in the "Not used at all" set, if you have other answers that would up being similar to how a leader of a guild that requires voice chat answered about their own guild, then it is very likely they will show as a result.

The quiz isn't perfect and it's never claimed to be, but it was also designed with the largest scope of people in mind, and with that, we had to make decisions on which questions would be limiters, automatic disqualifies for matches based on a choice made (things like region, faction, language). We couldn't choose every question to be that way, and that means we also can't please everyone, but we can please a very large majority.

I know it can be frustrating if the results aren't what you expected, so all I can say is to run through it a few times, perhaps adjust your answers slightly on those where you were unsure about (the difference between choosing a 3 or 4 on several answers could be significant enough to push one guild off the list, or add in another that was a point or two lower).

Guilds recommended to me by the IGQ:

Pretty much a newbie with this - my other half set me up on SWTOR and got me into a guild, I have no idea how, but as I am transferring am I going to need to sort a new guild? :confused: I'm Lvl 31 Trooper Commando

I've looked into the guilds above but some of them have been completely inactive for months, one has even been closed completely

Any ideas would be very welcome!!

With the recent opening of character transfers, unfortunately that means some of the data the quiz relies on will be in a state of flux until I can get in contact with all guild leaders and update everything.

I know that doesn't really help your situation right now, but I am working on getting things current again - it takes time.

I would recommend visiting your server groups forum and making a "Looking for guild" post with what you're looking for in a guild. The IGQ can help, but it's also just an additional tool you can use that might be able to assist, no promises (sometimes it doesn't help at all).

With these transfers, there are a ton of guilds moving, many of which will be merging with other guilds or looking to expand and take on new members, so now is the time to get to their forums and let them know you're looking as well...hopefully with luck, you'll be able to find a new home soon :)

-------------------------

Edit - Covenant of the Phoenix has been added to the quiz - Welcome :)

Edited by Dink

I for 1 am pleased about this quiz, wasn't sure what would happen when I filled in my details but it has been quite a success. We have received a good number of recruits who found us using it.

So thanks IGQ.

p.s. we're not transferring to any different server, everyone is coming to our server.