Some game issues may be client side?

Zyanzor

This may help players with delay idk but, since I bought my new computer that is capable of playing this game at a solid 60fps I haven't noticed anymore UI delays, GCD issues or buttons on the UI just not responding anymore. This shouldn't be the solution for everyone because not everyone can afford to drop 1-2k on a new system just to run one game but, it might be worth upgrading RAM, Video Card and/or HD to SSD.

Also wanted to add that my loading times have been dropped to seconds rather than minutes like before. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming a new computer or upgrades are going to fix all the bugs in the game I'm only implying it may help with delays, loading times and FPS spikes.

My rig:

Alienware X51

Intel core i7 2600 3.4ghz

8gb DDR3 RAM 1333mhz

1gb DDR 5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 555

330w PS

1TB HD 7200rpm 6gb ps

...And that's it. Nothing special. This rig cost me 1200$ USD.

Anyone else notice the same when they upgraded or bought a newer computer?

Edited by Zyanzor

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shameless bump because holycow these forums are moving fast!

I have better rig than you with good enough (60-80ms) connection.

I still have quite a many issues (FPS drop, CTD, loading world stopping to 25% for a long time, ability delay, etc.) with the game. I didn't have these issues with beta, though.

Nice rig man. And i might agree with you because i have yet to see any UI lag on my system.

Crash Custom

AMD Phenom II X4 Overclocked @4.2 GHz

16 GB DDR3 1600

2 7200 HDDs, 1 750 GB, 1 1 TB

800W PS

Nvidia GTX 460 Factory overclocked

Sexy 32" wide 1080p Widescreen.

Sadly I only spent about $400 on this system as i got most of it on deals.

Haven't had any issues with any of my games. And i run them on max settings. I did force check before launching the first time as i did a digital download and it fixed a couple of things when verifying. Was having a nasty snowstorm when i installed the game and my net would flicker off.

Edited by SFCCrash

I have better rig than you with good enough (60-80ms) connection.

I still have quite a many issues (FPS drop, CTD, loading world stopping to 25% for a long time, ability delay, etc.) with the game. I didn't have these issues with beta, though.

Really? Maybe you should update all your drivers? Video card, direct x, etc. I couldn't see how someone with such a nice computer having loading issues. When mine were cut by 70%.

Really? Maybe you should update all your drivers? Video card, direct x, etc. I couldn't see how someone with such a nice computer having loading issues. When mine were cut by 70%.

I have all drivers up-to-date, I even downgraded NV drivers form latest beta to official release in hopes of resolving CTD issues. No change.

What helped a bit, was putting the gamecache-files to RAM.

If your loading times were cut 70%, you must've had a really POS as a gaming rig earlier.

EDIT: I suppose you wanted the specs I have, so here it goes:

Intel i7-860

NV GTX570

16Gb 2000Mhz RAM

WC 7200rpm HD

Win7 Pro 64-bit

10/1 ADSL connection

DX9 installed

Works like a charm on ALL OTHER GAMES but this one.

Edited by PHInnocent

The issue is, 330W PSU that is way too low for a rig like that. Also Alienware are overpriced crap.

I never claimed I was having a issue with my system. I stated my new computer helped me. You're also wrong about the PSU, it's what came with the system. Is Alienware wrong because my computer runs games like butter....

I have all drivers up-to-date, I even downgraded NV drivers form latest beta to official release in hopes of resolving CTD issues. No change.

What helped a bit, was putting the gamecache-files to RAM.

If your loading times were cut 70%, you must've had a really POS as a gaming rig earlier.

Hence the reason why I created this thread because yes, my older computer was a POS and I have a feeling I'm wasn't the only one playing this game with a POS computer. I just want to make those people aware of my findings. Upgrading/replacing your old computer may help some of the game issues a lot of people are experiencing.

I never claimed I was having a issue with my system. I stated my new computer helped me. You're also wrong about the PSU, it's what came with the system. Is Alienware wrong because my computer runs games like butter....

I'm not wrong about the PSU, my GFX uses 300 watts or there about's, its overclocked from 880MHz core to 930MHz and could go higher than that if I wish. My cpu uses around 150W, then there is the motherboard, the drives, the 7 case fans etc. You really think a 330W psu could handle that?

As for my fps I get an average of 80 never goes below 70 except in the fleet and WZ's

EDIT: Yes alienware are wrong as I built my rig (see sig) which is much higher spec than yours and more than likely a lot cheaper.

Edited by Cary

Friend of mine runs the game off an SSD and still gets lengthy load times on certain planets. I think it connects to the server to check or update certain things when you first zone in or something because it whips along to around 30%, then stalls for a while, then races to the end just as quickly - and that's on my machine with a normal 7200rpm HDD - with an SSD it'd surely be even quicker.

It's that 30% "hang" moment that I don't really understand and does not seem to be a client-side hardware issue given the relative parity between two completely different (in read speed terms) hard drives.

2600k, gtx460, 16gb of ram, intel ssd for OS, 2 120gb vertex 3 in raid 0 for mmos/games that benefit from them, 2 500GB 7200rpm hdds for storage, 800w psu. cost me the same, maybe less that what you spent.

yes alienware is wrong, very wrong.

I'm not wrong about the PSU, my GFX uses 300 watts or there about's, its overclocked from 880MHz core to 930MHz and could go higher than that if I wish. My cpu uses around 150W, then there is the motherboard, the drives, the 7 case fans etc. You really think a 330W psu could handle that?

As for my fps I get an average of 80 never goes below 70 except in the fleet and WZ's

EDIT: Yes alienware are wrong as I built my rig (see sig) which is much higher spec than yours and more than likely a lot cheaper.

Then why does my system run so well playing games? If I didn't have the proper amount of wattage to my hardware I should see some serious video issues, blue screens, loading issues, overheating etc etc. We all know you can't run a low 200w PSU in a system that requires 600w right? Ok. Then why is my system running so smooth?

Then why does my system run so well playing games? If I didn't have the proper amount of wattage to my hardware I should see some serious video issues, blue screens, loading issues, overheating etc etc. We all know you can't run a low 200w PSU in a system that requires 600w right? Ok. Then why is my system running so smooth?

Try running something like BF3 or Crysis 2. Watch as your system cries for you to put it out of its misery.

Friend of mine runs the game off an SSD and still gets lengthy load times on certain planets. I think it connects to the server to check or update certain things when you first zone in or something because it whips along to around 30%, then stalls for a while, then races to the end just as quickly - and that's on my machine with a normal 7200rpm HDD - with an SSD it'd surely be even quicker.

It's that 30% "hang" moment that I don't really understand and does not seem to be a client-side hardware issue given the relative parity between two completely different (in read speed terms) hard drives.

You're right, my loading screen stops at 30% then takes off within seconds. Always loads under a minute. I feel lucky because some people with a better system than me are running like POS's lol? I guess Alienware is better than any custom built. I hate custom built just because there are always compatibility issues.

Try running something like BF3 or Crysis 2. Watch as your system cries for you to put it out of its misery.

I have BF3 lol! It runs at 50fps. I do have to shut off post-processing but everything else is set at highest settings.

EDIT: just wanted to add that I never claimed to have he best system. I can say that so far it runs every game I have at max settings. My only issue is games with post-processing.

Edited by Zyanzor

Some game issues may be client side?

Of course, and posting your rig's stats doesn't matter much (except to occasionally flaunt e-peen).

You could have the highest end machine possible and treat it like crap, have incompatible parts, out of date drivers, instability from OCing, virus(es)/keyloger(s), or any number of self-inflicted problems.

But everyone always blames someone else (developer in this caee). Hardly a phenomenom limited to PC gaming, that's for sure.

Of course, and posting your rig's stats doesn't matter much (except to occasionally flaunt e-peen).

I posted my specs so other people had a idea of what hardware will help them in their decision when upgrading or buy a new computer.

I'm not flaunting my e-peen. I don't think my system is that great, there are MUCH better systems out there and a few people have already posted them. Apparently there will always be haters.

Edited by Zyanzor

I posted my specs so other people had a idea of what hardware will help them in their decision when upgrading or buy a new computer.

I'm not flaunting my e-peen. I don't think my system is that great, there are MUCH better systems out there and a few people have already posted them. Apparently there will always be haters.

Its nothing to do with being a hater, how much did that alienware cost? 2 grand maybe, I built mine for £1200. It's not that hard to put a system together.